English Language AQA
Maths AQA
Combined Science AQA
Geography AQA
Business Studies Edexcel
Computer Science OCR
Original post by ClubNeon
How was everyone's first day(s) back?
I am starting Friday but can see my timetable now.

how are you feeling about your new teachers so far? Form tutors?

timetable? Do you have the same subjects back to back (I have Chemistry P1 and then Biology P2 on Tuesday Bs!!!!:mad:) ?

What are the year 7s looking like? (not in that way:colone:)

Any student leaders? (House prefects etc... ?)

I haven't had the greatest of times. :redface: The first day I thought everything was good, then it just went downhill. :burnout:

1. Teachers. My form tutor has changed, the last one that I had for 3 years disappeared and now I'm left with my crazy French teacher. Wonderful. :facepalm: Maths teacher is horrible, terrible, non-negotiable and an absolute time-waster. :lolwut: Physics teacher is nice and that's probably the best thing that happened lol. :crazy:

2. Timetable is a bit weird. On Monday I have physics followed straight by chemistry and on Friday I have Biology followed straight by Chemistry. :cry2: English every day. Maths 4 times a week. French is all over the place, and I have this teacher for 5 hours a week with form and tutor. :eyeball: I'm practically dying.

3. Lol the brackets made me smile. :flute: I swear they get smaller every year, and my friends and I are a bit mean because they run to lesson whilst we're trying our best not to burst out in tears of laughter. :rofl:

4. People are doing deputy head girl and boy. Which I wish I signed up for but oh well. :s-smilie:

Is it just me or has the pace increased? I'm getting homework left right and centre.
I'm @halimah_s
I like football, cricket, F1, reading and listening to music
The subjects I'm studying are
AQA English Lang and Lit
AQA Maths
AQA Business
AQA Geography
Edexcel Spanish
AQA Separate Sciences
Eduqas RE
My favourite subjects are Spanish and Geography and my least favourite is Maths
I want to get all 9s ideally
I'm predicted an 8/9 in Spanish (i think) but don't know the rest
I want to be an oncologist or do something in the medical research sector
Year 10 right now is kinda fun
Original post by springrollz
Omg i’m terrible at french speaking!!!

I'm terrible at speaking exams too
But I do Spanish not French
anyone doing art: drop it asap don't put yourself through the stress
Hi everyone!
I just saw the link on the y9 thread to this...
We started school at the end of August so we’ve been back a few weeks and all the teachers are just droning on about GCSEs all the time and drowning us in homework...
Oh and btw
I’m @vortex13 nice to meet all of you that weren’t on the y9 chat and great seeing you again for those that were!

My hobbies are music, photography, karate and acting

This year I’m doing
English Lang and lit
Maths and further maths
Bio
Chem
Physics
French
ECDL
RS
History
Latin

Hoping for all 9s but then again isn’t everyone

I feel like I missed one out.... nvm
Don’t rly know all the exam boards

timetable? Do you have the same subjects back to back (I have Chemistry P1 and then Biology P2 on Tuesday Bs!!!!:mad:) ?

so far its quite a jump from year 9. the work load is greater but so far i'm staying on top of most subjects(maybe not english and french:s-smilie:) . The teachers i have are gonna be the same ones during the next two years for me and i guess i'm happy with them as they all seem enthusiastic to help us get the highest possible grades.

it's been a week since school started for me but tbh it feels like 2 months have passed. smh

rn i would say the year sevens are, as expected, all short; they seem to be getting shorter and shorter every year! in my school, they always give so much priorities to making sure year 7s get their lunch so us ks4s are basically left with nothing. although i find them all cute and little especially when they are lost, it brings back some memories
Original post by vortex13
Hi everyone!
I just saw the link on the y9 thread to this...
We started school at the end of August so we’ve been back a few weeks and all the teachers are just droning on about GCSEs all the time and drowning us in homework...

same im so overwhelmed by the amount of hw my school's given to us. how have u survived since the end of august?? i couldn't even survive the first week by itself

mine was ok (although I swapped lockers TWICE!) i have 3 double lessons
I have a physics exam tmrw yet I can't even focus and I'm not ready for my GCSE. I just wanna go back to year 7.
Original post by Stressed Girl
I have a physics exam tmrw yet I can't even focus and I'm not ready for my GCSE. I just wanna go back to year 7.

Omg I was thinking that yesterday, I wanna be a Year 7! :getmecoat:
Original post by Roses + Dreams
Omg I was thinking that yesterday, I wanna be a Year 7! :getmecoat:

well life is sad and quick
d'ya mya from cbbc
she 'accidentally' suicided bcoz of stress from GCSEs
Hey, my name is Alizah and I'm studying
-AQA Business Studies
-AQA French
-AQA Philosophy & Ethics / Religious Studies
-AQA Photography
as well as triple science, maths and english (obviously)
I don't know about the rest of the UK but my school started our GCSE courses in year 9 so i'm already 1/3 into my GCSEs. Anyway, i want to get 6-9 grades in Year 11 and I'm predicted mostley 6s at the moment. I don't actually know what I want to do in the future but probably work in a big office and/or run my own business. And.. september so far is going alright, well better than i thought haha
Ugh how's everyone finding Year 10?

already?? damnn
Original post by aitch20
already?? damnn

ikr the science exams start right away
Original post by dolphins123
same im so overwhelmed by the amount of hw my school's given to us. how have u survived since the end of august?? i couldn't even survive the first week by itself

I think they’re trying to ease us into it... we started of not getting a lot and they just keep building it up.....
Yeah it’s deffo getting harder but at my school they always have us loads of homework so it isn’t really anything new
I think the best way to do things is to find a hobby/activity that you can use to de stress (not procrastinate... even tho that’s what I’m doing now.....) I find that doing music helps me
ikr the science exams start right away

Wow unlucky, my next exams are in December 😂
Original post by aitch20
Wow unlucky, my next exams are in December 😂

:eek4: December? That's agesssss away, mine are starting in 2 weeks *cough cough French*. :angry:

Latest