The Student Room Group

I like white boys but white boys don’t like me

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
are you planning on going to uni? Might help to break away from your small city.

Yes I’m starting in September but I’ve heard a lot of boys in uni are players and I’m moving to UEA which is in a smallish city too 😩
I can’t seem to find any white guys who are attracted to black girls. Most white guys I’ve encountered only date within their race and the rest will fetishise me, will want to sleep me but will never want to make me their girlfriend bc they’re embarrassed of what their family/friends will think. I live in a small city, where there’s hardly any black people so I’ve struggled to date within my race. I’ve tried using tinder and other dating apps but everyone is just looking for sex and nothing serious. In real life, I’ll only get approached by white men if I have a weave especially when I have blonde hair, I get a lot attention. I’m scared to make the first move in case I get rejected. It really messes with my self esteem because I feel like I’m not good enough for anyone. I’m 20 years old, I’ve never been in a relationship and I’m feeling like I’m going to be alone forever. Seeing all my friends in serious relationships just reinforces those thoughts. I wish someone would just like me for who I am.

Might it be worth moving to find someone? Of course it depends on your ties to your current location, but if you're thinking you can't find someone because people are racist/fetishizey then perhaps it's worth the move?
It's important to look after no.1, and if having a partner would make you happier, then maybe it's worth moving someplace bigger, or with more people, or somewhere that's multicultural, or travel about a bit.
You'll find someone :smile:
Yes I’m starting in September but I’ve heard a lot of boys in uni are players and I’m moving to UEA which is in a smallish city too 😩

Well why don't you wait till you actually get there and interact with the people there before jumping to conclusions?

The size of the town itself is largely irrelevant. Chances are the majority of people will be coming there from other places, so chances are there will be a completely different mix to the people you're used to seeing around your home town.
Reply 43
Amy, a lot of white people online said she was unattractive but she managed to get guys wanting to couple up with her in the villa and there was a black girl called Yewande who I think was prettier but only one guy was interested in her and he was mixed raced.

Anton was coupled up with Amy first then didn't like her and made a play for lucie, then amy went off him, then curtis came along, then she got little other attention other than curtis.

as for yewande. michael made a play for her early on but she rejected him based on his tatoo's saying he's a bad boy who will break her heart. i also remember anton making a play for her early on and getting rejected as well. yewande originally steped forward for that white surfer boy along with lucie at the start. the surfer boy chose lucie. yewande then was forced to couple up with micheal.

yewande didn't to super badly tbh. sherif did worse. the only girl who had the slight bit of interest in him was anna, and even she wasn't that interested.

ovie didn't do too badly, but realistically speaking very few black guys look like that so i doubt we'll see a black guy do better than that in hurry..........

samira was shunned a bit last year. but i don't have much sympathy for her as she was shunning black guys herself..
I would consider long distance but I’ve tried online dating for ages and I haven’t had any good experiences from it so I tend to stay away from there. Maybe it’s bad timing and my age but I seem to meet a lot of immature men on there

I agree there is a lot of immature people with dubious intentions online - had my fair share of experiences in that regard. I also agree that the age is a difficult one ... but feel free to PM me; happily get to know you :biggrin: :P
I can’t seem to find any white guys who are attracted to black girls. Most white guys I’ve encountered only date within their race and the rest will fetishise me, will want to sleep me but will never want to make me their girlfriend bc they’re embarrassed of what their family/friends will think. I live in a small city, where there’s hardly any black people so I’ve struggled to date within my race. I’ve tried using tinder and other dating apps but everyone is just looking for sex and nothing serious. In real life, I’ll only get approached by white men if I have a weave especially when I have blonde hair, I get a lot attention. I’m scared to make the first move in case I get rejected. It really messes with my self esteem because I feel like I’m not good enough for anyone. I’m 20 years old, I’ve never been in a relationship and I’m feeling like I’m going to be alone forever. Seeing all my friends in serious relationships just reinforces those thoughts. I wish someone would just like me for who I am.

Dont go for white boys.Move to an area where there are a lot of fine young black men, asian men and mixed race men
Original post by ANM775
Anton was coupled up with Amy first then didn't like her and made a play for lucie, then amy went off him, then curtis came along, then she got little other attention other than curtis.

as for yewande. michael made a play for her early on but she rejected him based on his tatoo's saying he's a bad boy who will break her heart. i also remember anton making a play for her early on and getting rejected as well. yewande originally steped forward for that white surfer boy along with lucie at the start. the surfer boy chose lucie. yewande then was forced to couple up with micheal.

yewande didn't to super badly tbh. sherif did worse. the only girl who had the slight bit of interest in him was anna, and even she wasn't that interested.

ovie didn't do too badly, but realistically speaking very few black guys look like that so i doubt we'll see a black guy do better than that in hurry..........

samira was shunned a bit last year. but i don't have much sympathy for her as she was shunning black guys herself..

He still found her initially attractive whereas Yewande didn’t have no one step forward for her. Plus she got to couple up with Curtis, she was his first choice initially. Watching it, mutually I think Yewande and Micheal didn’t find each other attractive, the bad boy tattoos thing was an excuse because they’re both on an island looking for love, there’s no space for a bad boy. It was a shame because they seemed to have good chemistry. I wasn’t shocked that Sherif was struggling, he wasn’t attractive to black or white girls. Ovie was easily one of the best looking boys in the villa if not the best looking boy but he didn’t have girls lining up to couple up with him. Right, she said her type was blonde hair and blue eyes but her type didn’t like her at all, it was painful to watch
He still found her initially attractive whereas Yewande didn’t have no one step forward for her. Plus she got to couple up with Curtis, she was his first choice initially. Watching it, mutually I think Yewande and Micheal didn’t find each other attractive, the bad boy tattoos thing was an excuse because they’re both on an island looking for love, there’s no space for a bad boy. It was a shame because they seemed to have good chemistry. I wasn’t shocked that Sherif was struggling, he wasn’t attractive to black or white girls. Ovie was easily one of the best looking boys in the villa if not the best looking boy but he didn’t have girls lining up to couple up with him. Right, she said her type was blonde hair and blue eyes but her type didn’t like her at all, it was painful to watch

Love Island is not meant for Black girls

race shouldn't matter anywhere near as much as character, values and personality

so superficial things like that ought to be ignored.
Original post by Old Skool Freak
Well why don't you wait till you actually get there and interact with the people there before jumping to conclusions?

The size of the town itself is largely irrelevant. Chances are the majority of people will be coming there from other places, so chances are there will be a completely different mix to the people you're used to seeing around your home town.

I used live there in Norwich and I used to go to high school there and sixth form, it’s similar to where I live now but it has a sprinkle of more ethnic minorities. I know what I’m talking about when I have my reservations about it
Reply 50

Yewande stepped forward for 1 guy out of 5.
That guy had a choice between yewande and lucie. Lucie was probably the best looking of the 5 girls. Yewande as a result was left on the sub bench.

I think Yewande wasn't very attracted to micheal but he seemed attracted to her or he wouldn't of kept trying.

It's true black girls are not as popular as white girls on there but i don't think yewande had it that tough this year. The guy I really felt sorry for was Sherif.

Not surprised Sherif didn't get anywhere with the black girls on the show as black girls who go on love Island typically seem to be after predominately white c0ck
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by HumblyBumbly
race shouldn't matter anywhere near as much as character, values and personality

so superficial things like that ought to be ignored.

That would be amazing but race will always be the elephant. I wish skin colour wasn’t mutually exclusive with beauty
I just don’t understand why black women go on these shows only to literally be that special token so viewers won’t call production racist . Genuinely don't understand why any fully black or black looking woman would subject themselves to Love island show. The show promotes "white beauty" in every way possible. Look at the people it attracts, you are setting yourself up for failure. Literally doomed from the start

I can’t deal with the embarrassment they face on national tv
Original post by ANM775
Yewande stepped forward for 1 guy out of 5.
That guy had a choice between yewande and lucie. Lucie was probably the best looking of the 5 girls. Yewande as a result was left on the sub bench.

I think Yewande wasn't very attracted to micheal but he seemed attracted to her or he wouldn't of kept trying.

It's true black girls are not as popular as white girls on there but i don't think yewande had it that tough this year. The guy I really felt sorry for with Sherif.

Not surprised Sherif didn't get anywhere with the black girls on the show as black girls who go on love Island typically seem to be after predominately white c0ck

Personally I didn’t find any of the first initial male islanders were attractive. Amber was the most good looking female islander but she was always second choice when Lucy rejected them. Would Lucy have gotten that same attention if she had darker hair and had darker skin like Yewande’s, I don’t think so. If Micheal had found her attractive, he would have told her so and flirted with her like he did with Amber. Amber didn’t even fancy him at first. It’s like everyone’s type on there is blonde hair and blue eyes
That would be amazing but race will always be the elephant. I wish skin colour wasn’t mutually exclusive with beauty

they are mutually exclusive - that is a good thing. Race and beauty have nothing to do with each other.

I find girls from all different races attractive (which isn't to say I find all girls attractive, undoubtedly some are more attractive to me than others). I genuinely do care about the character of the individual and what they bring as a person to my life. Those that simply choose an individuals based on race/skin colour, or place a large emphasis on it know nothing of a true relationship or true love. They are objectifying the people around them in a way you do when choosing a carpet. What is race when you speak to someone and they are actually teaching you something? What is race when that person brings a new moral perspective to your life? What is race when you see someone crying and seek to console them? What is race in moments of sheer ecstasy or in appreciating a piece of beauty - be it literature, an idea or an amazing site? It is small mindedness, a lack of intelligence, and a lack of character that puts race at the forefront in these situations. I can't even believe so many people entertain the idea that race is some differential in defining beauty - that is ridiculous (and I am not even an OTT left-wing liberal).
(edited 4 years ago)
I just don’t understand why black women go on these shows only to literally be that special token so viewers won’t call production racist . Genuinely don't understand why any fully black or black looking woman would subject themselves to Love island show. The show promotes "white beauty" in every way possible. Look at the people it attracts, you are setting yourself up for failure. Literally doomed from the start

I can’t deal with the embarrassment they face on national tv

To be frank, They are probably desperate for fame like anyone who signs up to be on reality tv. My thoughts is probably production pays them a bonus to be the token black girl but black people or any ethnic minority need to be represented to reflect the society we are in. I feel like production shoves down our throats these people with a narrow beauty ideals so they can say well we tried being inclusive but no one finds black people attractive and remove them entirely.
so? you can't make them like you. i've seen loads of white guys with brown girls (pakistani/iranian/indian) but you still get some white guys who are with black girls. white guys normally go for whites or indian/iranian/pakistani girls
Personally I didn’t find any of the first initial male islanders were attractive. Amber was the most good looking female islander but she was always second choice when Lucy rejected them. Would Lucy have gotten that same attention if she had darker hair and had darker skin like Yewande’s, I don’t think so. If Micheal had found her attractive, he would have told her so and flirted with her like he did with Amber. Amber didn’t even fancy him at first. It’s like everyone’s type on there is blonde hair and blue eyes

amber was pretty but she is half white and she got a bum lift so remember that also.
Reply 58

I'm ngl. I wasn't impressed with the initial female lineup.
Amber is overated imo. have you seen her without makeup? very average indeed...

I think the male initial lineup looked better than the female.

Best looking in the villa, for me had to be Arabella.
I was having a similar reaction to Curtis when I first saw her lmao

I thought Yewande was better looking than last years Samira though.
Original post by ANM775
I'm ngl. I wasn't impressed with the initial female lineup.
Amber is overated imo. have you seen her without makeup? very average indeed...

I think the male initial lineup looked better than the female.

Best looking in the villa, for me had to be Arabella.
I was having a similar reaction to Curtis when I first saw her lmao

I thought Yewande was better looking than last years Samira though.

yewande looked hideous almost man like and she was so bitter. i hated the racism against danny when he picked arabella and i thought arabella looked nice and natural. samira was okay but didn't see the fuss.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending