The Student Room Group

First Time having sex.. outcome

Im a male and I’m 17 years old. Had never done anything sexual and for the first time I actually managed to have sex I didn’t use a condom with the girl( I tried to). A week after i’d had sex, started getting symptoms so being very scared went for STD screenings alone and nothing was picked up, 2 weeks go by and did another test and it all seemed ok. By the third time, I more symptoms such as inflamed urethra, testicle pain, pain to urinate so I did tests for the third time and I got diagnosis of NGU urethritis and I have taken the prescribed 7 days dose of doxycycline. It’s been a while and the pains have gone away but my urethra is still inflamed (red looking) is it a sign I have the infection and need another treatment?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Im a male and I’m 17 years old. Had never done anything sexual and for the first time I actually managed to have sex I didn’t use a condom with the girl( I tried to). A week after i’d had sex, started getting symptoms so being very scared went for STD screenings alone and nothing was picked up, 2 weeks go by and did another test and it all seemed ok. By the third time, I more symptoms such as inflamed urethra, testicle pain, pain to urinate so I did tests for the third time and I got diagnosis of NGU urethritis and I have taken the prescribed 7 days dose of doxycycline. It’s been a while and the pains have gone away but my urethra is still inflamed (red looking) is it a sign I have the infection and need another treatment?

lol mate..that's chlamydia...

best to ask ur GP this not us!! pretty serious....
If you're concerned then go back to your GP as soon as possible.
Reply 3
Feels frustrating.. never had sex before and when I finally do it I make one silly mistake about protection and get this thing.. sow
Original post by Bang Outta Order

Don’t just assume unless you’re a doctor. I’d advise you to go and see your GP
Don’t just assume unless you’re a doctor. I’d advise you to go and see your GP

excuse you? it's literally chlamydia. and i already advised to speak to their gp so wtf??
Feels frustrating.. never had sex before and when I finally do it I make one silly mistake about protection and get this thing.. sow

welp. did u enjoy it at least? lol
excuse you? it's literally chlamydia. and i already advised to speak to their gp so wtf??

And you know because you’ve had it yourself or because you’re a GP? 🤔

I’m just saying cause the OP is clearly worried and you literally don’t have an STD test to say that the OP has chlamydia so don’t worry them until the GP says otherwise.
Reply 8
welp. did u enjoy it at least? lol

I mean yeah, I was so scared after tho I had no idea what caused pain. Anyway nothing hurts anymore, so idk if I still have the infection lol
I mean yeah, I was so scared after tho I had no idea what caused pain. Anyway nothing hurts anymore, so idk if I still have the infection lol

in 30 minutes everything is fine?

k. good luck.
Guys I appreciate your underhand and I’m worried yeah but I am not sure it’s chlamydia, the doctor I saw last time said I had NGU but the cause is NOT sexual. Also the pains I mentioned are all gone, so if it was chlamydia think I’d still feel pain I had felt in July..

And you know because you’ve had it yourself or because you’re a GP? 🤔

I’m just saying cause the OP is clearly worried and you literally don’t have an STD test to say that the OP has chlamydia so don’t worry them until the GP says otherwise.

although NGU (non gonococcal urethritis which basically translates as inflammation of the urethetra not caused by gonorrohea) is most commonly caused by Chlamydia (the STI), that is not always the case. other sexually transmitted bacteria (such as mycoplasma genitalium) as well as non sexually transmitted infections (urinary tract infection) could be the cause. NHS choices has some information about NGU that may be worth a read.

I would not seek advice online, visit your GP or a sexual health clinic and chat to them about your symptoms, they will be able to help you further.
Out-*** :wink:
better check that the girl is not pregnant as well :facepalm:
LOL imagine saving urslf and th first time u get to release that 17 year old load you get an std.

f in the chat people
I know, this thing affected my mental health so much as well, felt so alone and sad 😶
Original post by kai'sa
LOL imagine saving urslf and th first time u get to release that 17 year old load you get an std.

f in the chat people
Original post by LadyMcCartney4
better check that the girl is not pregnant as well :facepalm:

Dude she used me for sex, don’t think she’s bothered about me as she didn’t talk to me at all and well made me feel like ****, plus got told she’s on pill and I pulled out so, nope, not pregnant.
Original post by imnothere000
Guys I appreciate your underhand and I’m worried yeah but I am not sure it’s chlamydia, the doctor I saw last time said I had NGU but the cause is NOT sexual. Also the pains I mentioned are all gone, so if it was chlamydia think I’d still feel pain I had felt in July..

Uhh think you came off Anon 😬
Original post by Faith.A
Uhh think you came off Anon 😬

Now that's a lotta damage
Dude she used me for sex, don’t think she’s bothered about me as she didn’t talk to me at all and well made me feel like ****, plus got told she’s on pill and I pulled out so, nope, not pregnant.

suit yourself. the pullout method isn't fullproof.
wear a condom next time!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending