The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by angelinahx
leave him, you deserve better.

She deserves someone who is slim, lean and has a 6 pack?
Original post by C0mpletelyBr0ke
Fat people are immoral, it's best you find a man who actually takes care of himself. By bringing up his weight, it could do two things. One, he actually mans up and gets in shape or two, he self-destructs. I also don't know his personality, so I can't come to a conclusion whether telling him this is good or bad.

Fat people are immoral? What the ****ety ****???
Reply 22
Original post by Anonymous
I have no sympathy for you. You complain about sweat during a certain position, and yet you continue to do it, so just shut up about it.
You described yourself and a 5’3 Slim girl. Didn’t mention anything about curves until i made my point so I’m gunna call bs on your claims to be ‘very curvy’.
It is simple. If this was the other way round and a guy was slating his gf for being overweight and saying he’s not attracted to her etc... the feminists would be going crazy talking about body positivity and all this ish. Being plus size and loving your body is what everyone pushes for and wanna slate guys for not agreeing. Yet it’s ok for you as a female to **** off your bf because he’s overweight?? Double standards. Yes you are embarrassing him because even if ur on anon, people are still taking the p*** out of his size. Something which you said you know he’s sensitive about. You’re a terrible gf. Get offline and go and support him. Go do something to actually help him change if he wants to. If ur worried about his health TELL HIM, not the internet.

What is the point of this post? You said ur not gonna leave him because you ‘love him so much’. And all people are doing is making fat jokes about him? You knew his size when you dated and in that time what have you done to try help him? What so called ‘standards’ of health do you have then cause theres no evidence of this?

I'm convinced the story is bait just to get reactions like this.
Original post by lhabgabdgbfa
if he's fat, leave him, all it shows is that he doesn't care about his body and doesn't take his relationship seriously. If he loved you, he'd understand that being a fatty is ugly and he'd go to the gym or go on a diet. If he's a man and has bigger t'ts than you ( assuming it isn't pecks), that's just Wong lol. Tell him stop being fat and you find it gross af

Stop being fat? You can't be fat, you massive idiot. You HAVE fat. Fat isn't a ****ing personality trait.
Why the hell are you complaining? You chose to be with this guy? You have OCD, but you're still able to have sex, and COMPLAIN about that sex. You don't sound like you "love" this guy. How overweight is he, because it almost sounds like you're in a relationship with a male pig. Is his "tits" actually bigger than yours? You know what, leave him, 'cuz he deserves better. Clearly you haven't put yourself in his shoes, and clearly your too scared, for some weird ass reason?
I don’t mean to point out the obvious but then... why did you get with a fat guy? Clearly you both aren’t sexually compatible. Don’t know what you expect us to say other than get him to join the gym.
Original post by guenk003
She deserves someone who is slim, lean and has a 6 pack?

everybody deserves to be with somebody they're attracted to.
everybody deserves to be with somebody they're attracted to.

Then why is she with him in the first place? If she was the fat one, and her bf was asking this question, I wonder what your response would be
Pull him to go to gym together with you
Work out together to give him more motivation
Then why is she with him in the first place? If she was the fat one, and her bf was asking this question, I wonder what your response would be

no, everybody deserves to be with somebody they're physically attracted to. if she doesn't want to date someone who's fat she shouldn't have to. fat women go through soooo much sh*t yet when women say they don't want fat men... everyone reacts? that ain't it
no, everybody deserves to be with somebody they're physically attracted to. if she doesn't want to date someone who's fat she shouldn't have to. fat women go through soooo much sh*t yet when women say they don't want fat men... everyone reacts? that ain't it

I'm asking why she's with someone she's clearly not attracted to

Ha, what? I hope you're joking.

Original post by Anonymous
Okay great so I leave him, take me out of the picture. His weight will continue to be an issue for himself. Yeah size doesn't matter, but it will matter when it leads to heart issues, diabetes etc.
I don't think he is out of my league, hence is why I am with him, and love him deeply. Sorry for having 'standards' of health.
Have a good day

Sex life as much of a part of a relationship as anything else -- it may very well be one of the key components to it.

I can understand that you're unhappy with this particular part of it, and you have every right to be. Whether it is due to performance or preferences, you (and him) have the right to have preferences.

Now, there is a handful of way to approaching this issue.

1) You can try different positions.

There are plenty. There are even books about them. Maybe if you were to experiment, you would not notice the things that put you off so much. I am no expert by any means, but it might be worth looking into new things.

2) Consider sex therapy.

Yes, it is a thing. You are not the only one that can experience dissatisfaction of the action in bed! They most likely will help you address your concerns to your bf and hopefully work together at solving them.

3) Tell him.

Obviously, it might be not the most preferred option. You've mentioned he is sensitive and talking to him about his weight might belittle his confidence - which is something we want to avoid - no-one should be belittling their partner or by any means using their insecurity for your gains, just to make it clear to all the teens out there.

Addressing it directly will be difficult. You will be talking about something you dislike about him which would require long-term commitment to change - from both of you. I think, if you do want to consider doing this, is to address the weight gently, not the sex. You can go with the route of "worrying about your health in the long run" (which can be interpreted in many ways), "I want to try this new gym/activity, want to try it with me?" or even "I found this diet, want to try it with me?" or "I thought we could help/motivate each other."

Be careful not to inference that YOU don't like his weight, unless you really want to be blunt and straight to the point.

If it was me, I'd firstly attempt solving it without directly addressing it: change things up. If it don't work, or you feel like you should or want to address it, do it! After all, what you decide to do is for the benefit of YOUR relationship - yours AND his.

In a relationship, whenever facing a problem, no matter how personal, it's best to solve it together. Don't forget that.

I hope this gives you a fair idea of what you can do.

All the best.
lol if you ur leaving him, get him to go gym. If u he can slim up to give it to u better then go gym lol,
I'm asking why she's with someone she's clearly not attracted to

because she may love him? idk? she still deserves good sex and i wouldn't want to sleep with a fat guy.
I highly doubt she loves this guy, 'cuz she would have put the inititive to get herself and him into a gym. I mean, I already see this relationship ending as a disaster

lmao such a dumb response
Original post by UWS
I'm convinced the story is bait just to get reactions like this.

No it isn't :frown:
Original post by kai'sa
lmao such a dumb response

i know that y'all are the fattest in europe and it's considered acceptable in the uk but please-
everyone, including women, deserve to be with someone they're attracted to physically.
I highly doubt she loves this guy, 'cuz she would have put the inititive to get herself and him into a gym. I mean, I already see this relationship ending as a disaster

Agree. If she loved him she’d have the decency to speak to him about this issue instead of making him an unnecessary laughing stock online, whether he knows it or not. Baffles me people claim to be ‘deeply in love’ yet cant have a serious adult conversation together. Relationships without communication don’t work. Maybe he’s over weight because she’s a sh’tty gf and makes him feel bad. He could have planned to try lose weight when they got together but maybe she makes sly comments about him all the time and it made him depressed & not motivated. This is just her side of the story, and from her attitude, he needs to leave her. Much more is needed in a partner than just being slim

Latest

Trending

Trending