The Student Room Group

defering PGCE for next year?

I am currently on primary PGCE course and I have been giving a deadline of next week to complete my maths skills test.Could I just defer my place and next year instead as i feel undepressure as assignments have already just thinking about my Numeracy skills test is enough stress to pass? can anyone give me advice
Has far as I'm aware a lot of unis don't defer PGCE/PGDE's due to the competitive nature of the courses. The best bet is to chat to your university.
Original post by khamisha
I am currently on primary PGCE course and I have been giving a deadline of next week to complete my maths skills test.Could I just defer my place and next year instead as i feel undepressure as assignments have already just thinking about my Numeracy skills test is enough stress to pass? can anyone give me advice

Why not talk to your tutor- they will be able to give you a firm answer either way.

However, a PGCE is a pretty stressful course, and teaching can be a stressful job- if you're already struggling to manage your time then it might be worth thinking about the implications of that long term.

Do you have a maths test currently booked?
Reply 3
Original post by SarcAndSpark
Why not talk to your tutor- they will be able to give you a firm answer either way.

However, a PGCE is a pretty stressful course, and teaching can be a stressful job- if you're already struggling to manage your time then it might be worth thinking about the implications of that long term.

Do you have a maths test currently booked?

yes, I have one booked for next week, my problem is that im always a few marks off from passing and its just so frustrating to me I know I can do it.
Original post by khamisha
yes, I have one booked for next week, my problem is that im always a few marks off from passing and its just so frustrating to me I know I can do it.

Fingers crossed for next week!

I can understand your situation is frustrating- I think all you can do is get your head down and practice- aim to be getting at least 70% in practice tests and then you should be fine!
Reply 5
upfate: I just wanted to now is the skills test would still be avaliable as;

"Upcoming changes to the skills tests

The Department for Education has announced that applicants for initial teacher training (ITT) courses from April 2020 will no longer need to take Skills Tests in numeracy and English. The responsibility for assuring trainee teachers have met an appropriate level of skill in these important areas has been passed to the ITT provider."- Which has been published by schoolsweek and a university

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending