The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by angelinahx
of course she can? it's called infatuation

Ima say this once and once only. The OP is contradicting herself. She was happy enough to choose to date him initially, so she cant suddenly complain about him still looking the same. No one forced her to date a big guy, so why date him just to complain about it. She pretty much dated a bigger guy to try and change him, and thats not down to her. If she wants someone to be healthy, go date an already healthy guy.
I think if you find someone unattractive because of their size does it make sense to force yourself to be with them e.g. if in a sexual setting it is a bit off putting I would not criticise OP for not wanting that physical connection, but you are right in that she should speak to him about it. But also she shouldn't feel bad if she feels unattracted; as long as she does things the right way and doesn't cheat let her do her thing
Original post by kai'sa
so if i date a fat girl and 'love her' nothing changes. shes still fat. if op likes him for her personality then she'd stay.

op just offer him a gym membership and go together. end of. if he doesnt want to, show him the door.

crickets
Original post by Anonymous
I dated him because I liked him as a person, I wasn't thinking "oof I wonder if sex will be hard", I have never dated a larger person, so I simply didn't think of these obstacles.

how old r u guys. because i swear when ppl get old looks get irrelevant. but being a teenager every1 wants to date the hottest/fittest person lool
Original post by kai'sa
how old r u guys. because i swear when ppl get old looks get irrelevant. but being a teenager every1 wants to date the hottest/fittest person lool

not sure this is true ...
I would never ever make sly comments towards him & I don't want a slim partner, I want a healthy one.

You want a healthy partner, but willing chose to date an overweight guy?? Yes. Makes perfect sense.
Just like me choosing to date a female, but saying i want a male. And then complaining that she doesnt have a d*ck. But yet i don’t leave her for an actual man, i just moan about it and hope i can magically change her and one day she’ll become a man. Oh and i don’t tell her my issues, i’ll just post it online. Cause that’ll help. Good job.
You want a healthy partner, but willing chose to date an overweight guy?? Yes. Makes perfect sense.
Just like me choosing to date a female, but saying i want a male. And then complaining that she doesnt have a d*ck. But yet i don’t leave her for an actual man, i just moan about it and hope i can magically change her and one day she’ll become a man. Oh and i don’t tell her my issues, i’ll just post it online. Cause that’ll help. Good job.

999tigger is that you?
Original post by HumblyBumbly
not sure this is true ...

how many times have u seen a teen couple where 1 is fat/super universally ugly and other is fit/hot.

this is dumb
Original post by kai'sa
how many times have u seen a teen couple where 1 is fat/super universally ugly and other is fit/hot.

obesity incidence in teenagers is usually lower cf. middle age so by definition I would see it less frequently but if we are saying people care less about looks with age - I would disagree with that
How do I request to get this thread deleted? blimey.
Original post by HumblyBumbly
obesity incidence in teenagers is usually lower cf. middle age so by definition I would see it less frequently but if we are saying people care less about looks with age - I would disagree with that

from my experience eat least. its adults that tend to turn a blind eye to looks while teens obsess about it
I dated him because I liked him as a person, I wasn't thinking "oof I wonder if sex will be hard", I have never dated a larger person, so I simply didn't think of these obstacles.

I can get the initial attraction to someone and then realising things aren’t what you thought. That i understand. But if you’re not going to talk to HIM, things won’t change. And if things won’t change, is there any point to this post? My main point is you cant complain about him staying the size he is if you haven’t even told him directly and clearly you’re worried about his health or that it’s affecting your relationship. You did choose to date him starting off like that so you kinda have to accept it for what it is. You cant say you didn’t think you’d have a hard time dating someone not healthy, if it means so much to you?
I can get the initial attraction to someone and then realising things aren’t what you thought. That i understand. But if you’re not going to talk to HIM, things won’t change. And if things won’t change, is there any point to this post? My main point is you cant complain about him staying the size he is if you haven’t even told him directly and clearly you’re worried about his health or that it’s affecting your relationship. You did choose to date him starting off like that so you kinda have to accept it for what it is. You cant say you didn’t think you’d have a hard time dating someone not healthy, if it means so much to you?

I would understand your post more if you hd said he started off fit and healthy and then got bigger. But you dated him big so i don’t get the issue tbf
Original post by kai'sa
from my experience eat least. its adults that tend to turn a blind eye to looks while teens obsess about it

maybe once in a serious and committed relationship but that is because a loyalty has been founded e.g. if I was married and had children the weight of my wife would start to mean less - we have bigger fish to fry and have gone through far too much for me to judge her on that.
@ParadoxSocks Please can I delete this thread :frown:
Oh ffs give the op a break! It sounds like he’s pretty overweight and that this is more than just him being a little soft around the belly. You have to be honest with him: he needs to lose his gut or you can’t see yourself being with him.
Closing now :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending