The Student Room Group

should I remark?

I got one mark off an A* in my English lit exam, and I was wondering whether it's worth the remark. It costs 37.50 and money is tight in my house at the moment but I'm scared it might go down across the span of 3 papers.

Scroll to see replies

can't you send only one paper?
Original post by SlightlySummer
can't you send only one paper?

I have no idea, I'm hoping the cost covers all three otherwise it's going to be over 100 pounds
bump
You should be able to just have one paper remarked, once you’re given the declaration forms you’ll be able to have only one paper remarked. Perhaps go for the remark if you can, an A is still good :smile:
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Hazzabear
You should be able to just have one paper remarked, once you’re given the declaration forms you’ll be able to have only one paper remarked. Perhaps go for the remark if you can, an A is still good :smile:

ok so I won't get the coursework remarked, but you think I should get it remarked?
Original post by mpaprika
ok so I won't get the coursework remarked, but you think I should get it remarked?

You can't get coursework reviewed anyway. Which board is this?
Original post by Muttley79
You can't get coursework reviewed anyway. Which board is this?

WJEC
WJEC

Was one paper lower than the other?
paper 2 I got 72/80
paper 1 was 36/50
@Muttley79
paper 2 I got 72/80
paper 1 was 36/50
@Muttley79

Paper 1 is lower but did you feel it went better than this? Have you seen the mark scheme to compare with what you put?
Paper 1 is lower but did you feel it went better than this? Have you seen the mark scheme to compare with what you put?

Problem is I did it in year 10.. so I don't think I can even get it remarked now. Oh well
Problem is I did it in year 10.. so I don't think I can even get it remarked now. Oh well

No it's too late.
No it's too late.

oh well, thank you anyway :smile: I don't think paper 2 will go up since it's pretty high
oh well, thank you anyway :smile: I don't think paper 2 will go up since it's pretty high

It's still a good grade and yes 72/80 is brilliant!
Reply 15
I didn't even think about getting my lit remarked from year 10 (although tbf my school never mentioned remarks to anyone at all) I was one mark off a B, bloody WJEC...
Original post by The Mogg
I didn't even think about getting my lit remarked from year 10 (although tbf my school never mentioned remarks to anyone at all) I was one mark off a B, bloody WJEC...

they strike with terrible marking once again :angry: but then again I didn't care as much in year 10 as I did in year 11. Oh and my school never mentions remarks either, you just have to know they exist and pressure your teachers
Reply 17
they strike with terrible marking once again :angry: but then again I didn't care as much in year 10 as I did in year 11. Oh and my school never mentions remarks either, you just have to know they exist and pressure your teachers

I didn't know they existed until mid year 11, typical. They couldn't have given me like 1 more mark, I could have got a B in lit without a single second of revising it. Oh well, I can already tell WJEC will find new ways of screwing us over at A Level.
Original post by The Mogg
I didn't know they existed until mid year 11, typical. They couldn't have given me like 1 more mark, I could have got a B in lit without a single second of revising it. Oh well, I can already tell WJEC will find new ways of screwing us over at A Level.

my chemistry teacher already said they made several mistakes in the textbook :colondollar:
Reply 19
my chemistry teacher already said they made several mistakes in the textbook :colondollar:

WJEC also use different terms to like every other exam board in Economics, so that's blooooody lovely for me.

Quick Reply

Latest