The Student Room Group

Applying for midwifery without A level science

I'm hoping to apply for midwifery starting in 2020. By then I will hopefully have a music degree under my belt. I've also done quite a few volunteering roles which I hope will help my application. I didn't do a science or social science at A level & I know some Uni's really want you to have one... Does anyone know of some Universities that would consider me without a science? Thank you x
Original post by Pheebs99
I'm hoping to apply for midwifery starting in 2020. By then I will hopefully have a music degree under my belt. I've also done quite a few volunteering roles which I hope will help my application. I didn't do a science or social science at A level & I know some Uni's really want you to have one... Does anyone know of some Universities that would consider me without a science? Thank you x

do you have a gcse in biology or science?
Reply 2
Original post by claireestelle
do you have a gcse in biology or science?

Yes I took dual science at GCSE and got all Cs or above 🙂
Yes I took dual science at GCSE and got all Cs or above 🙂

bangor and uclan could be options for you
Reply 4
Original post by claireestelle
bangor and uclan could be options for you

That's great! Thank you!

Hi Pheebs99

I recommend that you look at Bangor University :smile:

Volunteering and work experience is fantastic and make sure you note it all down on your personal statement.

I highly recommend that you contact the department to ask what you need to do.

The contact details are below:

https://www.bangor.ac.uk/health-sciences/

If I can help with anything else just let me know :smile:

Sera
Reply 6
Original post by Bangor Uni
Hi Pheebs99

I recommend that you look at Bangor University :smile:

Volunteering and work experience is fantastic and make sure you note it all down on your personal statement.

I highly recommend that you contact the department to ask what you need to do.

The contact details are below:

https://www.bangor.ac.uk/health-sciences/

If I can help with anything else just let me know :smile:

Sera

Thank you Sera! :smile:

Hey there!

As mentioned above UCLan doesn't specifically ask for any science A Level. We operate a flexible admissions policy and treat everyone as an individual. This means that we will take into consideration your educational achievements together with your application as a whole, including work experience and personal statement - your music degree and volunteering roles will certainly help your application stand out here!

You can find our Midwifery course page here: https://www.uclan.ac.uk/courses/bsc_hons_midwifery_direct_entry_programme.php

Let me know if you have any questions.

Ryan :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending