The Student Room Group

What’s the worst thing someone said to you?

Scroll to see replies

Why are you so skinny?
Gayboy
Leave us alone nobody wants you here
Why are you so weird?
What is wrong with you?
Why can't you speak properly?
You are so obnoxious - from my grandad. I love him and don't know what I do 🙁
"If you hate life so much, then why don't you go ahead and kill yourself... No I'm not joking, go ahead and do it, I don't care" .

I doubt that's even the worst, but I have tried to forget most of it. Vile *****.
Original post by NotNotBatman
"If you hate life so much, then why don't you go ahead and kill yourself... No I'm not joking, go ahead and do it, I don't care" .

I doubt that's even the worst, but I have tried to forget most of it. Vile *****.

People use that lightly, such a shame
Original post by Anonymous
I've got a few:
"I hate you"
"Do you even have a life?"
"I wouldn't go out with you if you were the last girl on the planet"
+ someone accidentally sent me the wrong text saying: "hope [my name] isn't boring you too much"

oof how did you reply to the text
Can't remember the exact quotes but they were something like this, all from mum.

[to my brother at tea while I'm at the table]
Whatever you do don't turn out your brother

[I think this was just us in the living room after an argument over something dumb, this is really faint]
I'm happy with how [bros name] turned out but with you I just don't know where I went wrong.

[told my aunt I was considering taking my life, she told my mum this]
mum comes in screaming saying I was an abusive liar

[tell my mum I want to do a levels]
You've always been dumb compared to the other kids, stop thinking this is going to change it won't. You need to get a job (I was 16, she was talking about mcdonalds) and stop wasting everyones time.

I got 4A* and cut contact second I went to uni, now 5 years late hopefully going to be doing graduate entry medicine. She went around bragging about my results obviously though. The thing which makes me really sick is knowing that if I wasn't lucky enough to be born academically strong I'd very likely be working minimum wage still, a criminal or just ended my life. It's not nice but she always played the "hero single mum" card despite leeching loads of money from gov and my dad and I can't help but despise all of them now even though it's irrational.
Original post by angelike1
oof how did you reply to the text

I don't know what I was playing at - I didn't reply to the text, I acted like I hadn't received it. I wish I had replied to it now.
This is nowhere near the worst but it’s one I still remember:
I went to a boys school and there was this girls school down the road. One day some of them came over to our school after school and one of them ended up taking a picture of me and uploading it onto Facebook with a caption saying I look like a monster. My mates had her on Facebook so they told me and she eventually took it down.
Reply 67
You're to black for me.
I tried to find out from my mum about her reaction if she knew I was gay.

She told me 'if you're lesbian, I'd rather you die"

This still stays with me:frown: (I'm hiding who I really am).
Original post by RichPiana
This is nowhere near the worst but it’s one I still remember:
I went to a boys school and there was this girls school down the road. One day some of them came over to our school after school and one of them ended up taking a picture of me and uploading it onto Facebook with a caption saying I look like a monster. My mates had her on Facebook so they told me and she eventually took it down.

Wow that’s awful x
When people do that sort of random, spiteful thing, it’s never about you. It’s about them trying to work through their own insecurities by hurting someone else. X
When my psychiatrist said my diagnosis, took a good 6 months to a year to come to terms with it.
Other highlights include you look like my dog, you look like a man, you're fat. As these things have been said to me by strangers in the street they affected me but not as long term.
Wow that’s awful x
When people do that sort of random, spiteful thing, it’s never about you. It’s about them trying to work through their own insecurities by hurting someone else. X

Worst thing is I didn’t even know them so I didn’t do anything to cause them to do this.
‘You’re the best think thats ever happened to me. She will never compare to you. I still love you and always have/will’

Usually this would be amazing. But I’m engaged, and my ex just dumped his fiancee because he decided I’m the one who truly wants. Talk about a mind f#*k 😔
Thing***
Original post by RichPiana
Worst thing is I didn’t even know them so I didn’t do anything to cause them to do this.

Exactly. They didn’t know you, and they still did it. It’s not because of you. She could have picked anyone, she just needed someone to take out her anger and insecurity on. U just happened to be there. It’s not ur fault.
Original post by CoolCavy
When my psychiatrist said my diagnosis, took a good 6 months to a year to come to terms with it.
Other highlights include you look like my dog, you look like a man, you're fat. As these things have been said to me by strangers in the street they affected me but not as long term.

I’m sorry x
A diagnosis is always a good thing tho. It means ur one step closer to fixing the problem xx wishing u the best xx
I’m sorry x
A diagnosis is always a good thing tho. It means ur one step closer to fixing the problem xx wishing u the best xx

Yeh i totally agree :hugs: means you can access services and stuff and it is quite validating in a weird way, i think it was just because the diagnosis is one with such a stigma i was thinking stuff like omg if anyone finds out noone will like me anymore and stuff like that, still have days like that but has gotten better
Thank you :heart:
‘You’re the best think thats ever happened to me. She will never compare to you. I still love you and always have/will’

Usually this would be amazing. But I’m engaged, and my ex just dumped his fiancee because he decided I’m the one who truly wants. Talk about a mind f#*k 😔

Does he want you because he truly loves you, or does he want you because ur engaged and he’s scared of losing you because ur his back up option? Think carefully. Did he want you before you moved on from him? Did he want you this much while u were in the relationship?
Does he want you because he truly loves you, or does he want you because ur engaged and he’s scared of losing you because ur his back up option? Think carefully. Did he want you before you moved on from him? Did he want you this much while u were in the relationship?

Yeah i think he really does. We were together 9 years so it’s a tough one. I only broke up with him because i wanted to take the next step (marriage,kids etc) and he wasn’t interested. So i moved on. Had too. And tbh no, instead of trying to fix things, he started seeing someone else. Whilst i had waited and stayed single just incase. Eventually i met my now fiancée. Since he’s been with his (now ex) fiance, he was trying to get me back into his life. But i cudnt figure if this was because he genuinely wanted me, or cause he was jealous (i had never been with anyone except him).
If he had said this before i got engaged, i probably would have taken him back. I love the guy I’m with, but it’s a different kind of love. I was already having doubts and now with my ex in the picture i have no idea what to do/think. A part of me was considering ending the engagement, but now i just don’t know if that would be because of my ex, or my doubts
Pretty straight forward

Don't wanna remember, it hurts me every time I remember these comments

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending