The Student Room Group

UCAS Struggles: Education Section

So: I'm an American and I've been struggling with the UCAS system, particularly in the Education section. Under my High School Diploma qualification, when it asks for modules, should I put in every high school course and grade I've taken in the past four years as a seperate module? Also, what do I put under "grade" for the diploma itself? My GPA (and what if that's pending)? Also, what if I moved and transferred high schools over the summer? should I put BOTH high schools or just the one I will graduate from? So many questions!!!
(edited 4 years ago)
You should put *every* qualification you have and its grade. if there were no specific official grade modules, then leave that blank. remember, if you don't have an official certificate of a qualification, it doesn't count. Don't include that you got an A that one time in class from the teacher because your teacher is *not* an official exam body so doesn't count.

if your GPA is pending, then you're like the rest of us. We put down our a-levels and then choose the pending or whatever slot, because you haven't received your grade yet. Your predicted grade will be marked down somewhere *else* on your UCAS form, as that's what universities will make their offer based on.

yes you put all schools you went to where you achieved a qualification. if you achieved a qualification at the first school, then put it down.

Remember you Americans do it very different to us. we get between 8-15 qualifications by the time we leave school ( a mix of GCSE's and A-levels/IB ) , so its probably confusing for you since the system isn't designed for you. Just do your best to answer as best you can.
Original post by IzzyGC
You should put *every* qualification you have and its grade. if there were no specific official grade modules, then leave that blank. remember, if you don't have an official certificate of a qualification, it doesn't count. Don't include that you got an A that one time in class from the teacher because your teacher is *not* an official exam body so doesn't count.

Remember you Americans do it very different to us. we get between 8-15 qualifications by the time we leave school ( a mix of GCSE's and A-levels/IB ) , so its probably confusing for you since the system isn't designed for you. Just do your best to answer as best you can.

Thank you so much for your reply, it's very much appreciated!

Just to clarify, if a class I've taken (for example, level 3 Spanish) isn't a class that I've earned a specific AP, IB etc. qualification for, I should NOT include it? Many of my freshman/sophomore classes were regular high school required courses such as biology, English, etc. I should leave those out, correct?

Again, THANK YOU very much! :smile:
Original post by QuarksAndGluons
Thank you so much for your reply, it's very much appreciated!

Just to clarify, if a class I've taken (for example, level 3 Spanish) isn't a class that I've earned a specific AP, IB etc. qualification for, I should NOT include it? Many of my freshman/sophomore classes were regular high school required courses such as biology, English, etc. I should leave those out, correct?

Again, THANK YOU very much! :smile:

Yes, you can mention that you took those classes in your personal statement, but when it comes to filing in your qualifications section leave those out because it is not a qualification.

(But yes in your personal statement you can mention those if you want when you’re talking about yourself and why they should take you, especially if it’s relevant to the course you’re doing)

GOOD LUCK!!
Original post by IzzyGC
Yes, you can mention that you took those classes in your personal statement, but when it comes to filing in your qualifications section leave those out because it is not a qualification.

(But yes in your personal statement you can mention those if you want when you’re talking about yourself and why they should take you, especially if it’s relevant to the course you’re doing)

GOOD LUCK!!

Okay, great! I've put in the qualifications under each school.
And what about the "modules" under my diploma section? (gosh, every time I find an answer I end up with more questions, I'm sorry!)
Here's what I mean:
modules.PNG
Okay, great! I've put in the qualifications under each school.
And what about the "modules" under my diploma section? (gosh, every time I find an answer I end up with more questions, I'm sorry!)
Here's what I mean:
modules.PNG

Oh no it’s absolutely fine don’t worry, even we find it confusing sometimes. Leave the modules bit blank, it’s mostly if you’ve taken a degree and had individual module scores
Oh okay! The first time I opened my UCAS application I thought I needed to enter all 30+ courses I've taken haha.
Thanks again, have a nice evening (or whatever time zone you happen to be in at the moment :smile:)
Oh okay! The first time I opened my UCAS application I thought I needed to enter all 30+ courses I've taken haha.
Thanks again, have a nice evening (or whatever time zone you happen to be in at the moment :smile:)

Hahah no you don’t don’t worry 😂 yes, you too and good luck with your application!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending