The Student Room Group

is it a good idea to go to a concert 2 days before an a-level exam?

theres a concert I really want to go to that is on a Saturday and I have an a-level on the Monday. I don't know whether I should get tickets because I doubt a few hours not doing revision will affect much
Original post by firefirefire
theres a concert I really want to go to that is on a Saturday and I have an a-level on the Monday. I don't know whether I should get tickets because I doubt a few hours not doing revision will affect much

Dont chance it. Going out on saturday will lead to a tired and lethargic sunday which will most definitely affect your exam performance
Reply 2
If you think a few hours would really make that big a difference, you haven't prepared enough.

Original post by FutureDoc01
Dont chance it. Going out on saturday will lead to a tired and lethargic sunday which will most definitely affect your exam performance

So? The exam isn't on Sunday.

Edit because it seems this thread is still getting activity 7 months on - I went to see Muse two days before the day when I had further maths core pure, aqa physics paper 3 and a french AS paper and it didn't impede me at all
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Sinnoh
If you think a few hours would really make that big a difference, you haven't prepared enough.

So? The exam isn't on Sunday.

I think he is referring to the exam mindset on Sunday which I think is quite important tbf.
Reply 4

Is this the BTS concert in London by any chance?
well you shouldn't be revising massive amounts right before an a level exam anyway

If you prepare and get ahead, then possible. If you could use that time, then no. Its likely to take and be more disruptive than 2 hours.
Original post by JackFu
Is this the BTS concert in London by any chance?

yep
Your life need not be wholly consumed by A-levels alone over the next couple of months - there still needs to be a balance between your studying and the rest of your activities, including fun things like concerts.

If the concert sits well with your work/life balance, then sure; go out and enjoy yourself. However, if you feel you should be cramming for all you're worth on the weekend before your A-level, I would promise myself a concert after the exams are over.

You know yourself best, so go with what suits you.
Reply 9
yep

omg fellow armyyy. I want to go it real bad though, but I dont think I should go. At this stage, I think we are probably finishing revision so by June we should be ready, but the mindset on Sunday should be at the exam mode and the concert will just hype me All Sunday and I wont be able to have a good mindset:frown:
(edited 5 years ago)
OMG I'm having this exact same issue. WHY BIGHIT WHY!!? Did you decide to get tickets in the end??
Original post by mariahoward
OMG I'm having this exact same issue. WHY BIGHIT WHY!!? Did you decide to get tickets in the end??

yh lol oopsie
Reply 13
How much are the tickets just out of interest.
Original post by JackFu
How much are the tickets just out of interest.

mine was £85 cheapest was £45 most expensive was like £130

I’m in the same situation! I got tickets for the Saturday but my exam isn’t the Monday but the Tuesday. I think we will be fine as long as we prepare well in advance for it so we don’t have to worry about it :smile: that’s what I’m telling myself anyways😂
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 16

wow tickets were sold out in 90min, u should enjoy it.
oh my god this is crazy I googled my problem and it was you asking the same question I am in the same situation bts concert is before 3 or 2 days I'm not sure im depressed my friend saying that I shouldn't go im a college student btw but this is like a dream to see them in real life ugh idk I'm crying...should I go? what if I studied enough before that? and I only needed to do a quick review? did you go btw?? I'm curious? was it worth it how was your exam??
Original post by semo8890
oh my god this is crazy I googled my problem and it was you asking the same question I am in the same situation bts concert is before 3 or 2 days I'm not sure im depressed my friend saying that I shouldn't go im a college student btw but this is like a dream to see them in real life ugh idk I'm crying...should I go? what if I studied enough before that? and I only needed to do a quick review? did you go btw?? I'm curious? was it worth it how was your exam??

In case they do not reply but I hope they do as would be interesting to know you could always buy ticket then not go if you felt at the time it was a bad idea.

Quick Reply

Latest