The Student Room Group

CDU TO A*s possible and what is your reason?

From CDU to A*s and As

Mental health and other factors destroyed my life so far and I started to recover.
I want to go into year 13 but Im scared because can I pull up my grades, the last few years have been trouble and last year in year 12 I was recovering so I slacked off, my attendance became 55% and I didnt come in as much, then towards the end if the year I started to revise for like 1 week before the exams and through the exams so totally two weeks or so and I ended up getting CDU for Biology Chemistry and Maths.

I don't know what to do can I get CDU to A*s As or shall I just resit again?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Yeezy566
From CDU to A*s and As

Mental health and other factors destroyed my life so far and I started to recover.
I want to go into year 13 but Im scared because can I pull up my grades, the last few years have been trouble and last year in year 12 I was recovering so I slacked off, my attendance became 55% and I didnt come in as much, then towards the end if the year I started to revise for like 1 week before the exams and through the exams so totally two weeks or so and I ended up getting CDU for Biology Chemistry and Maths.

Talk to teachers, MH worker and parents.
I would think resitting year 12 is the sensible options plus get your MH and attendance under control.
Reply 2
From CDU to A*s and As

Redo yr 12 as this time you'll be recapping content, thus strengthening your own knowledge in the subjects and adding to ur current notes. If you progress to yr13 then your 12 content understanding will be weak and it will put more stress on you. Furthermore yr 13 is all about building on the basics that you got taught in yr 12 so this understanding in my opinion will need to be stronger if you want to excel in yr 13.
From CDU to A*s and As

I would retake the year - it would be virtually impossible to get the U up to an A.

In fact, I would think about changing the subject you got the U in and switching to something a bit easier for you
Reply 4
So let me explain the situation, 16 I had a berevamnet and had a bad time. And then year 12.cam.and for the next two year until. I was 18 then last year I finally got biology chemistry maths but not pbsycis which I had to fight for but still didn't get... The hwol. Year was spending recovering and then the last two weeks I got CDU in Biology chemistry and maths, and now I have a dilemma of either doing re doing year 12 for the 4 time and where or going year 13 and having to do complusry gap year... So. Idk

Either choose form year 12 college or go into year 13...
Reply 5
Original post by harrysbar
I would retake the year - it would be virtually impossible to get the U up to an A.

In fact, I would think about changing the subject you got the U in and switching to something a bit easier for you

Original post by 999tigger
Talk to teachers, MH worker and parents.
I would think resitting year 12 is the sensible options plus get your MH and attendance under control.

I dd they have a mixture of opinions, also

So let me explain the situation, 16 I had a berevamnet and had a bad time. And then year 12.cam.and for the next two year until. I was 18 then last year I finally got biology chemistry maths but not pbsycis which I had to fight for but still didn't get... The hwol. Year was spending recovering and then the last two weeks I got CDU in Biology chemistry and maths, and now I have a dilemma of either doing re doing year 12 for the 4 time and where or going year 13 and having to do complusry gap year... So. Idk

Reply 6
Original post by harrysbar

In fawct, I would think about changing the subject you got the U in and switching to something a bit easier for you

Reply 7
Original post by UnknownK
Redo yr 12 as this time you'll be recapping content, thus strengthening your own knowledge in the subjects and adding to ur current notes. If you progress to yr13 then your 12 content understanding will be weak and it will put more stress on you. Furthermore yr 13 is all abou2t building on the basics that you got taught in yr 12 so this understanding in my opinion will need to be stronger if you want to excel in yr 13.

I just want to get it over and done with but I still want to achieve my dreams. So I don't know

Updated: So let me explain the situation, 16 I had a berevamnet and had a bad time, mental health and all the bad things basically And then year 12.cam.and for the next two year until. I was 18 ( these two years were the worst years of my life guys, I was suicidal and everything) its a summary of you would like to know more. About my life then I can show youthen last year I finally got biology chemistry maths but not pbsycis which I had to fight for but still didn't get... The hwol. Year was spending recovering and then the last two weeks I got CDU in Biology chemistry and maths, and now I have a dilemma of either doing re doing year 12 for the 4 time and where or going year 13 and having to do complusry gap year... So. Idk

I dd they have a mixture of opinions, also

That didnt entirely make sense to me.

1. You had a bereavement at 16 which affected your A levels?
2. You got CDU @AS level.
3. You are now 18.
4. They have offered you the chance to do year 12 again or not? If they havent offered its not an option where school is concerned.
5. If its offered then take it imo.
Reply 9
That didnt entirely make sense to me.

1. You had a bereavement at 16 which affected your A levels?
2. You got CDU @AS level.
3. You are now 18.
4. They have offered you the chance to do year 12 again or not? If they havent offered its not an option where school is concerned.
5. If its offered then take it imo.

I'm now 19, I can either resit a levels or do year 13

I've done year 12 3 times now but for health problems and other circumstances

I got CDU at As levels, bio chem and maths... Bio chem have done previously year but wasn't in, maths was new topic so I rushed kind of... Revised the whole as within like a week or two and got CDU so is it possible to get A*s and As

Ngl I don't want to do year 12 but If it means it's going to help me then sure.

Im not sure I just want to make the best decision, shall I go to year 12 and where or just year 13 and work my head of and...

I heard a guy got 22 a at a levels revising for a year so idk
I'm now 19, I can either resit a levels or do year 13

I've done year 12 3 times now but for health problems and other circumstances

I got CDU at As levels, bio chem and maths... Bio chem have done previously year but wasn't in, maths was new topic so I rushed kind of... Revised the whole as within like a week or two and got CDU so is it possible to get A*s and As

Ngl I don't want to do year 12 but If it means it's going to help me then sure.

Im not sure I just want to make the best decision, shall I go to year 12 and where or just year 13 and work my head of and...

I heard a guy got 22 a at a levels revising for a year so idk

1. Resit and you are lucky to be offered it yet again.
2. If your MH isnt good enough then work on that for a few years.
3. No idea how you can have done year 12 3 times by 19.
4. I wouldnt be betting money on you and as harry said if its international A levels it wont happen or if its UK A levels then you are highly unlikely to go to A* from that position.
5. You need to get mh sorted tbh but time is running.
6. In that position I would be doing year 12 and sorting out MH plus other reasons why I was consistently failing to improve.
Reply 11
4. I wouldnt be betting money on you and as harry said if its international A levels it wont happen or if its UK A levels then you are highly unlikely to go to A* from that position.
6. In that position I would be doing year 12 and sorting out MH plus other reasons why I was consistently failing to improve.

Who's Harry?

BTW I get you year 12 is an opportunity but I wanted to focus on this year and then maybe during my gap year I work on my self....

Like I've had some serious exteuating circumstances so I slacked off like I'm tired of doing year 13 again and again but I've been told by people that it's possible they've seen it... Why don't you think it's not possible?
Who's Harry?

BTW I get you year 12 is an opportunity but I wanted to focus on this year and then maybe during my gap year I work on my self....

Like I've had some serious exteuating circumstances so I slacked off like I'm tired of doing year 13 again and again but I've been told by people that it's possible they've seen it... Why don't you think it's not possible?

Post#4.
You switch from whether its year 12 or 13 you are doing again.
Ok believe the people youve been told.
You have 9 months to improve.
If you know whats gone wrong then all the easier to set it right.
It is a big ask to improve all the way to A*, so you have to back yourself if you think you can do it.
I resat my A-Levels independently going from BBD to A*AB but that was only Year 13 so it’s a completely different situation.

Based off what you’ve said, just take the chance to resit Year 12 again. I know it’s frustrating but if you knuckle down and work hard there, you’ll have the basis to go into Year 13 next year with a great outlook and hopefully some decent unis.

In all honesty, getting CDU up to A*A*A or whatever in the space of a year is very unlikely, while universities would be able to see the amount of times you’ve retaken Year 12 anyway.

Go to a new college, possibly change the U subject and have a fresh start with Year 12.

What’s your eventual goal and where do you want to go?
Reply 14
From CDU to A*s and As

Have you considered taking a year out ? And then coming back to Sixth form . But if you really want continue on I personally think it’s really possible for you to improve if your determined and willing to put the work in then you’ll deffo get better grades .
Reply 15
Original post by Arisapo
I resat my A-Levels independently going from BBD to A*AB but that was only Year 13 so it’s a completely different situation.

Based off what you’ve said, just take the chance to resit Year 12 again. I know it’s frustrating but if you knuckle down and work hard there, you’ll have the basis to go into Year 13 next year with a great outlook and hopefully some decent unis.

In all honesty, getting CDU up to A*A*A or whatever in the space of a year is very unlikely, while universities would be able to see the amount of times you’ve retaken Year 12 anyway.

Go to a new college, possibly change the U subject and have a fresh start with Year 12.

What’s your eventual goal and where do you want to go?

I want to either go Cambridge / ucl /or Colombia University but I don't know what I want to study?
Reply 16
I'm 19 and I got kicked out of all my options please help me I dony know what to do

I dony have a college
I'm 19 and I got kicked out of all my options please help me I dony know what to do

I dony have a college

im sorry about that, but like please STOP and just make another thread, this is for op! repeat year 12 op
Reply 18

I don;t understand number 6 , what do you mean
Reply 19
Original post by endergirl123
lol im sorry about that, but like please STOP and just make another thread, this is for op! repeat year 12 op

What? I don;t understand, this comes across rude.

Latest