The Student Room Group

Aqa A level Biology Remark 2019

Has anyone had any papers remarked and gone up a grade? I was one mark off an A* and had paper 2 remarked but went down a mark. I am now considering getting paper 3 remarked since I would love the A* as I was so close and I know the essay is subjective so I may get a few marks there but do you think it would be worth it? Please help me out. I was borderline A* for all my subjects but the closest in Biology so it would be really nice to get an A* in the end
Hi, I sent 2/3 AQA Psychology papers for a remark. Both papers went up 2 marks. Someone from my school sent 3 Biology papers for a remark, 1 paper stayed the same, one paper went down a mark, and one paper increased by 2 marks. I know some other people in my school also had an increase with biology but unsure of the specific amounts. However, it’s worth noting that the people who sent remarks genuinely thought they did better than the mark they got, they didn’t just send it purely for the reason that they were close to the next grade. Hopefully that gives you some hope : )
Reply 2
Original post by StudentA126
Hi, I sent 2/3 AQA Psychology papers for a remark. Both papers went up 2 marks. Someone from my school sent 3 Biology papers for a remark, 1 paper stayed the same, one paper went down a mark, and one paper increased by 2 marks. I know some other people in my school also had an increase with biology but unsure of the specific amounts. However, it’s worth noting that the people who sent remarks genuinely thought they did better than the mark they got, they didn’t just send it purely for the reason that they were close to the next grade. Hopefully that gives you some hope : )

Thanks for your reply. Do you know what paper it is that went up 2 marks, the essay in paper 3 is subjective so I’m thinking it could go up there
Original post by mars1
Thanks for your reply. Do you know what paper it is that went up 2 marks, the essay in paper 3 is subjective so I’m thinking it could go up there

Pretty sure it was paper 3
Reply 4
Original post by StudentA126
Pretty sure it was paper 3

Thanks, I think I might go for it. And was the exam board AQA for Bio?
Original post by mars1
Thanks, I think I might go for it. And was the exam board AQA for Bio?

Indeed : )

Quick Reply

Latest