The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

oxley residences leeds

hey is anyone in oxley residences or know anything about it?

I am in an area called Barden Grange.
Reply 1
Hey, my friends were in oxley last year.
So you have uni campus, then to the left theres hyde park, which goes into headingley. (both popular areas for students ti live in second year). oxley is located in far headingley, so you have to get a bus into uni or its probably a 40/45 min walk.
everyone i knew who was at oxley at first was annoyed at being far ish - but they loved oxley and met so many people there. the grounds are soooooo beautiful too!
also, not a far walk from headingley which is peng and so many pubs n shops and v studenty.
theres also a decent gym in oxley.
decent rooms, comfy beds, nice kitchens.
common room n pool room which other accoms dont have
the bus runs until like 3am too from uni or town centre to oxley
ppl say The bus is £1 a trip, don't buy a bus pass it's not cheaper, unless ur gonna use ur buspass to go into town loads too
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Original post by elcrag
So you have uni campus, then to the left theres hyde park, which goes into headingley. (both popular areas for students ti live in second year). oxley is located in far headingley, so you have to get a bus into uni or its probably a 40/45 min walk.
everyone i knew who was at oxley at first was annoyed at being far ish - but they loved oxley and met so many people there. the grounds are soooooo beautiful too!
also, not a far walk from headingley which is peng and so many pubs n shops and v studenty.
ppl say The bus is £1 a trip, don't buy a bus pass it's not cheaper, unless ur gonna use ur buspass to go into town loads too

Do you know if the bus goes to headingley at 3am. like can you get the bus from oxley to headingly too. I'm guessing they do.

Also yeah I know it's a trek away but beggers can't be choosers and i'm not a princess so i'll get over it
Original post by Anonymous
Do you know if the bus goes to headingley at 3am. like can you get the bus from oxley to headingly too. I'm guessing they do.

Also yeah I know it's a trek away but beggers can't be choosers and i'm not a princess so i'll get over it

I don't acc think I posted this but had the same question lol
Reply 4

uh yeah i think so cause its on the way and on route. cause students live in headingley
Original post by elcrag

Do you know how easy it is to move accomm? I have a couple of minor health things that makes me think they might be able to move me to a different accommodation. Atm I don't mind but i'd consider looking to move if it was really bad there.
Reply 6
Do you know how easy it is to move accomm? I have a couple of minor health things that makes me think they might be able to move me to a different accommodation. Atm I don't mind but i'd consider looking to move if it was really bad there.

yeah i know a few people that moved. u can do it from october mid i think, u gotta go into student services. really play to the health thing and make an issue and theyll do it x
Original post by elcrag
yeah i know a few people that moved. u can do it from october mid i think, u gotta go into student services. really play to the health thing and make an issue and theyll do it x

really helpful, thanks x

Quick Reply

Latest