The Student Room Group

Not sure if I clipped someone’s wing mirror!

Hello, today I was driving back from a school. It was the end of the school day, so very busy. I came out of the school car park and onto the road outside the school which was quite tight as there were parked cars. I had to squeeze past a park car. I did hear a little noise as I went past but the kind of noise you here when you go over a bump or a dip in the road, not a clunk like I hit something.
Obviously, I didn’t think much of that noise because as I said, just thought it was the sound of the road but now I’ve been thinking, as it was so tight, could I have hit a wing mirror and that’s what the noise was?

There’s no damage to my wing mirror but now I’m stressing I might have hit someone’s because of the noise and I didn’t stop- obviously if I did hit something and realised I would have stopped, but because I didn’t, I didn’t stop. I’m not sure if I’m just over thinking but now I’m stressing out and worried I might be reported-especially as there were a lot of people around.

What should I do? Shall I just forget about it as I’m not even sure if I hit anything, or should I report it? I only passed my test a couple months ago, so I don’t want anything bad to happen.
i wouldnt worry... wing mirrors nowadays are designed to be flipped back without damage. a gentle contact will not break it.
Reply 2
Well driven... generally takes years to judge width that accurately. Now try it in reverse.
Reply 3
Original post by the bear
i wouldnt worry... wing mirrors nowadays are designed to be flipped back without damage. a gentle contact will not break it.

Okay thanks! I’ll try not to panic 😂 think I was just worried because if I did hit it, I drove away from an ‘accident’ and there might be cameras round the school. But I didn’t think I hit anything at the time!
Reply 4
Original post by Vinny C
Well driven... generally takes years to judge width that accurately. Now try it in reverse.

Well, might not have driven that well if I did bump someone’s wing mirror 😭
Reply 5
Original post by Smcd1234
Well, might not have driven that well if I did bump someone’s wing mirror 😭

You know you're getting good when you can do it simultaneously on both sides. Suggest you practice with supermarket trolleys first, lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending