The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by myoung8898
I know some people hate discussing exams, but how did you guys find the GAMSAT? Personally sections 1 and 2 were decent, section 3 was incredibly difficult (but most people seem to agree so I’m hoping once the scores are scaled some of us will be okay!)

Totally agree with your views S1 & S2 were alright was so relaxed until S3 happened. It was so so difficult, I'm just hoping I was able to score enough. It's so worrying.
I've been asking around a lot but I've gotten mixed answers- Can I submit my UCAS application without having received my scores yet? I just took it today
Original post by alysidferns
I've been asking around a lot but I've gotten mixed answers- Can I submit my UCAS application without having received my scores yet? I just took it today

Yes, when I applied last year I submitted without scores!
Original post by SSCBayes
Yes, when I applied last year I submitted without scores!

Yess! Okay awesome. So I'm sure the GAMSAT office will send them official scores when their released?
Yess! Okay awesome. So I'm sure the GAMSAT office will send them official scores when their released?

Nearer the time you'll be given an email which details how to select the universities you wish to send your score to! Take a break, you just finished a HUGE exam! Congrats and all the best
Reply 45

Can I ask how you found the exam? I did it today and found S3 extremely hard
Original post by Rari
Can I ask how you found the exam? I did it today and found S3 extremely hard

Honestly I did too, I just didn't wanna say anything to freak myself or anyone else at the test center out. I looked at the first 10 questions and my eyes almost popped out my head.. I still couldn't get through the whole of S3, skipped 13 questions. What about you?
Reply 47
Honestly I did too, I just didn't wanna say anything to freak myself or anyone else at the test center out. I looked at the first 10 questions and my eyes almost popped out my head.. I still couldn't get through the whole of S3, skipped 13 questions. What about you?

I was so confident after the first 2 sections but S3 just threw me back. I went through the whole paper circling anything I thought would take too much time or I didn't understand (which were loads). I finished went back and just managed to complete all the circled ones.
After the exam I was just so deflated, I didn't speak to anyone either, like you I didn't want to freak anyone out. But so far the ones that have commented have said the same thing.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Rari
I was so confident after the first 2 sections but S3 just threw me back. I went through the whole paper circling anything I thought would take too much time or I didn't understand (which were loads). I finished went back and just managed to complete all the circled ones.
After the exam I was just so deflated, I didn't speak to anyone either, like you I didn't want to freak anyone out. But so far the ones that have commented have said the same thing.

Well that's good to know that I wasn't the only one absolutely struggling to get an answer that was a part of the options, I'm just glad I'm done with it!
Original post by BoilingMarmalade
I believe it was 55 for a 2.1 and 60 for a 2.2 so it was pretty low last year.

Thanks so much!

Could anyone provide any information on the work experience and education questionnaires? What does it entail? Do they ask for references from work experience employers (eg if you have worked in a hospital).
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by SuperFly
Thanks so much!

Could anyone provide any information on the work experience and education questionnaires? What does it entail? Do they ask for references from work experience employers (eg if you have worked in a hospital).

They don't ask you to provide references like St George's and Warwick do, but they do ask for contact details so they can check.
Original post by BoilingMarmalade
They don't ask you to provide references like St George's and Warwick do, but they do ask for contact details so they can check.

Ah I see! Thank you!
Has anyone recieved their acknowledgement email from Notts yet?

yes, like couple days after submitting on 15th. got a fee status form this week as well. did you not?
Reply 54

I didn't get one either, I just called them gave them my student ID and they have confirmed they got my application. She said she didn't understand why I didn't get a confirmation email but that they are generic and go out automatically and not to worry.

If I was you I would call just for peace of mind
My husband says he got his and he submitted literally 15 minutes before the deadline.
Reply 56

You should check your spam! Mine was in there :smile:
Reply 57
Concerning the email Nottingham sent out last week about how they've got a large number of applications and therefore will take longer to give us a decision; does anyone know if this is an email they send out every year? Or if there is actually an usually high number of applications this year?
Original post by myoung8898
Concerning the email Nottingham sent out last week about how they've got a large number of applications and therefore will take longer to give us a decision; does anyone know if this is an email they send out every year? Or if there is actually an usually high number of applications this year?

Did anyone else not get this email? I got the one to acknowledge my application and sign up to the portal but not this one?
Original post by saladtime45
Did anyone else not get this email? I got the one to acknowledge my application and sign up to the portal but not this one?

Yeah I didn't get this one either but had the acknowledgement and fee assessment ones

Latest

Trending

Trending