The Student Room Group

Confused. Is he interested or is this normal?

He fidgets when talking to me, takes deep breath, looks me in the eyes while talking but can't maintain and has to look away for a second then look back (btw I've done this to because I was nervous). When he talks to me I can feel it because he’s nice andhat other times he talks as if nothing. Usually instinct says if someone is interested right? Why these mixed signals?
Reply 1
He's just nervous. But kinda need to get an idea here to help. How long have you guys been talking to each other?
Reply 2
Original post by Seris
He's just nervous. But kinda need to get an idea here to help. How long have you guys been talking to each other?

we work together (6 mos
Reply 3
Think he wants to ask you out. But has not built up the courage. Maybe am wrong. I suggest you maybe take the first step and ask him out on a date?
Reply 4
Original post by Seris
Think he wants to ask you out. But has not built up the courage. Maybe am wrong. I suggest you maybe take the first step and ask him out on a date?

but is it normal for peoople to feel uncomfortable and have to break eye contact like it happens between us?
Reply 5
Can be different for other people. When i talk to women i just met i tend to be like that for the first few weeks until i get to know them better. Then i can make full eye contact without breaking it. Unless it's an awkward conversation.
Reply 6
Original post by Seris
Can be different for other people. When i talk to women i just met i tend to be like that for the first few weeks until i get to know them better. Then i can make full eye contact without breaking it. Unless it's an awkward conversation.

6 months...
Reply 7
Original post by Anonymous
but is it normal for peoople to feel uncomfortable and have to break eye contact like it happens between us?

Short answer. Can be different for other people.
He fidgets when talking to me, takes deep breath, looks me in the eyes while talking but can't maintain and has to look away for a second then look back (btw I've done this to because I was nervous). When he talks to me I can feel it because he’s nice andhat other times he talks as if nothing. Usually instinct says if someone is interested right? Why these mixed signals?

Hello Miss Anonymous,

As a male, From my point of view of what you have said so far. I would say he is interested but is a socially awkward person.
Reply 9
Original post by grandeur98
Hello Miss Anonymous,

As a male, From my point of view of what you have said so far. I would say he is interested but is a socially awkward person.

hi,,why is can't he keep looking at me whemn talking? and has to look away then look back. Does this happen regularly to people?
hi,,why is can't he keep looking at me whemn talking? and has to look away then look back. Does this happen regularly to people?

I don't know the exact reason, but I know that many people cannot hold eye contact. They tend to find it awkward and very intimate, I find this is very normal amongst my male and female friends. At the end of the day, this is only my opinion and perspective of the questions you have asked, I am in no way right or wrong.
I don't know the exact reason, but I know that many people cannot hold eye contact. They tend to find it awkward and very intimate, I find this is very normal amongst my male and female friends. At the end of the day, this is only my opinion and perspective of the questions you have asked, I am in no way right or wrong.

So then what makes you think he's interested if people just find it awkward in general to hold eye contact?
So then what makes you think he's interested if people just find it awkward in general to hold eye contact?

I believe he is interested because you stated the following.

"He fidgets when talking to me, takes deep breath, looks me in the eyes while talking but can't maintain"

:/
Agreed he's definitely interested but socially awkward. When you say you've worked together for 6 months does that include day-to-day interaction or just occasionally running into each other around the place?
Original post by WhyKidz
Agreed he's definitely interested but socially awkward. When you say you've worked together for 6 months does that include day-to-day interaction or just occasionally running into each other around the place?

day to day interaction, same office
I believe he is interested because you stated the following.

"He fidgets when talking to me, takes deep breath, looks me in the eyes while talking but can't maintain"

:/

got it thanks! what do you causes the deep breaths
day to day interaction, same office

The only thing I could say from my experience as a man in an office is that some days I'm just being focused and effective because I need to get stuff done or sort stuff out, which could result in me not seeming as into the person, even if I really fancy them. This is my job and I don't know what your job is like ...
got it thanks! what do you causes the deep breaths

Deep breathing can help in calming and focusing ... which would be important if you were a bit nervous because you fancied someone (and didn't want to come across as an idiot).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending