The Student Room Group

Clucking up some A*s! (hopefully)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by FlawlessChicken
12/09/19

I'm not good mood. Well that's an understatement. I feel like absolute trash tbh. If you don't wanna hear my bs you can skip straight to the subject updates. But if you're still here I'll explain a little. I've been having parent problems? Well not really problems but just keep arguing with each other. I know it's normal, but this is just different. Well anywhu that's just context. Yesterday my mum came upstairs and saw me on my phone. She got triggered real bad and so did my dad, coz they thought I was doing work. Normally they just take my phone and give it back later - but after look at the stuff I was doing on my phone, they decided to take it forever? Idk? Well now I don't have a phone, but that doesn't really matter. I'm just more sad about the fact that my parents don't trust me no more. I feel really lonely and I'm also anxious about the future. Everything is just piling up and hitting me all at once. I've gone back to an old bad habit, which hurts me mentally and physically and basically I just feel useless. I don't really want any 'you'll be fine' replies. I'm not looking for validation of any sort. I just want to write it to get it off my chest. Basically my mental health is a mess and I just wanted to write about it...

Well sorry for that! I shall now talk to you about what we did this week!

I finished my personal statement this yesterday and handed my first draft in to my teacher today. I'm generally happy with it, but there are bits, which I think I can word better. I've done more UCAT questions on medify. One problem is that I'm doing less and less but whatever I'll get back on the grind pretty quick hopefully - when my head feels a lot better. We had an assembly about Oxbridge colleges which just made it all feel more real. Tbh my parents don't really want me to go anymore ... but I hope they change their minds.

Biology

We started respiration with Miss P and it's not as confusing as photosynthesis I feel. Our test on photosynthesis got postponed till next Thursday, so I'm kinda happy coz I can revise for it properly I guess. We continued the nervous system with my other teacher and learnt about the effects of LSD and alcohol on the nervous system. We have a test on this on the 20th aka BMAT results day so it's gonna be a stressful day. yay!

Chemistry

We learnt how to work out Kp/partial pressures/mole fractions ... yh all that good stuff. I like it coz it's basically just maths! We did a practical to work out the Kc of an esterification reaction and we're going to check on it next week when equilibrium is hopefully reached. We also have a test on it next week weewoop! We started carboxyls with my other teacher, which is amazing coz I <3 organic chemistry.

Maths/Further Maths

Complex numbers in the exponential form is actually not too bad. It's really cool actually - like the way it all works. We did 3d linear transformations and did the inverse stuff to work out what object was first used from the transformed image. Okay reading that back ... my explanation is horrible - luckily we don't really need to explain stuff in the actual paper.
Maths test week is apparently in 2/3 weeks time :/

EPQ

I finished reading Nessa Carey's book (which I highly recommend btw) and now I'm going to make a gantt chart to show my 'progession'. My mid-project review is in October so I need to get ready for that.

Song of the week:

Spoiler

Here's also all the loveliest people! Literally you guys make me soooo happy tysm!
Everyone in my chicken coup: (Tell me if you wanna be added or taken away (hhh actually no you can't escape.... just kidding) I want loads and loads of people in my chicken coup with me x

Chilling in the chicken coup:

Spoiler

Family problems suck :/ but you know, let’s keep going! My week’s been prettyyyy rough haha, have a history exam tomorrow, but gonna keep fighting through! Good luck for the rest of this week and next week too! (Btw, you’re totally converting me to a stay! 🤭)
Original post by IsMo987
Heyyyyy please add me andddd what’s the boook called

Hmmm okay! The book is 'Hacking the code of life' by Nessa Carey. It requires a decent level of biology to read, but she did try to make it accessible to the average reader.

Original post by Artyllectual
heyy please could I be added to the chicken coup? amazing nameeee

Yes of course!

Original post by Artyllectual
Wowowww you need to be my tutor this is amazing results well done 🥳😱😱

Awww thanks! I wouldn't mind you know. Hmu if you have any questions about anything I don't mind answering + it'll help me revise content too!
Original post by aishaa_26
Family problems suck :/ but you know, let’s keep going! My week’s been prettyyyy rough haha, have a history exam tomorrow, but gonna keep fighting through! Good luck for the rest of this week and next week too! (Btw, you’re totally converting me to a stay! 🤭)

HmmmMmmm they do but yh I'll keep pushing myself! Tbh I think it's ptolly good for you if you let a few tears loose every few days.

Good luck with your history test and the rest of this week and the next week too! You'll be fine ... just trust yourself! (Hahah, dw it's not some sort of cult I promise!)
hi tag me pls this is so interesting ahha, im also an asPiriNg mEdiC but dont have the grades just yet doing bio chem (aqa) & psych (edexcel) and in year 13 too, trying to get my predicted up rn, my ucat wasnt great but its not a fail so imma still apply this year and whatever happens happens, good luck on applying to oxbridge!
:frown:
life’s a real poo. but i promise it’ll all work out ok💓 n there’s loads more I’d say but I’ll say it later on...keep grinding ok🦋
your ps was really good btw! we’re all vvv proud of you :smile:
~~you got this mkay?~
chin up princess your crown is falling😹💀💜
Original post by karxxmah
hi tag me pls this is so interesting ahha, im also an asPiriNg mEdiC but dont have the grades just yet doing bio chem (aqa) & psych (edexcel) and in year 13 too, trying to get my predicted up rn, my ucat wasnt great but its not a fail so imma still apply this year and whatever happens happens, good luck on applying to oxbridge!

Aww thanks! Good luck to you too! Dw about predicted grades you can get them up ... I believe in you! How's psychology? It seems like such a cool A-level to do but my school don't offer it :/ Which unis are you thinking of applying? and are you gonna do the bmat or not?
Original post by mez_merising
:frown:
life’s a real poo. but i promise it’ll all work out ok💓 n there’s loads more I’d say but I’ll say it later on...keep grinding ok🦋
your ps was really good btw! we’re all vvv proud of you :smile:
~~you got this mkay?~
chin up princess your crown is falling😹💀💜

Lmao why did I actually smile when I read the last sentence ... hey noooo you can't do this to me! (haha now I know how you feel) Awww thanks sooo much ily! :heart:
not every week is an amazing week
its ironically nice to hear when other people are having a bit a crappy week as well ... this is only temporary as i CONSTANTLY remind myself :smile:

and omg yes our school is hammering on our heads about ucas, unis and it's kind of getting a bit real !!
good luck on your upcoming tests !!
Original post by zwastix
not every week is an amazing week
its ironically nice to hear when other people are having a bit a crappy week as well ... this is only temporary as i CONSTANTLY remind myself :smile:

and omg yes our school is hammering on our heads about ucas, unis and it's kind of getting a bit real !!
good luck on your upcoming tests !!

Good luck with your ucas stuff .... literally all of it is sooo long? I felt like I've asked you this but what courses are you thinking about atm?
How do you figure out the electronic structure. The one with letters and numbers
:console: You're defo not trash...
Complex numbers :gah:
That flamingo song made me smile :grin:
On a side note, could I be added to the chicken coup please?
I LOVE Osu! I haven’t played it in a while (rip my ranking) and I’m not the best but like... its so addictive.
I need to start working on my yr 11 ps, the deadline is soon 😳
Did you do further maths for gcse btw?
Original post by SlightlySummer
I need to start working on my yr 11 ps, the deadline is soon 😳
Did you do further maths for gcse btw?

I did the FSMQ which is basically the same thing. It's a level of maths higher than gcses but lower than as level. Good luck with your ps!
Original post by atla1215
I LOVE Osu! I haven’t played it in a while (rip my ranking) and I’m not the best but like... its so addictive.

OMgash yes same. I'm still a noob tho :/ Do you play with a tablet or do you use a mouse? I use a mouse but I really want a tablet.... just waiting till my bday so my parents can buy me one hopefully!
Original post by nyxnko_
:console: You're defo not trash...
Complex numbers :gah:
That flamingo song made me smile :grin:
On a side note, could I be added to the chicken coup please?

Hmmm yh sure!

Original post by IsMo987
How do you figure out the electronic structure. The one with letters and numbers

Can I pm you instead?
Good luck with your ucas stuff .... literally all of it is sooo long? I felt like I've asked you this but what courses are you thinking about atm?

Medicine!! So our school is setting a bit more pressure on us to send it off very early :frown:
Aww thanks! Good luck to you too! Dw about predicted grades you can get them up ... I believe in you! How's psychology? It seems like such a cool A-level to do but my school don't offer it :/ Which unis are you thinking of applying? and are you gonna do the bmat or not?

thankyou! psychology i LOVE and I'm pretty good at it too so yay, and east anglia, kent and medway, maybe norwhich, and the other 2 are warwick and kings for biochem
I did the FSMQ which is basically the same thing. It's a level of maths higher than gcses but lower than as level. Good luck with your ps!

Ohh I was going to do FM but I thought it'd be too hard :redface:
Original post by SlightlySummer
Ohh I was going to do FM but I thought it'd be too hard :redface:

Tbh nothing's hard if you put the effort in. FM is a notoriously difficult subject and I guess something must be hard about it to get that reputation. I'd say take it if you're really good at/love maths.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending