The Student Room Group

Hsbc immersive test

Can anyone give some guidance how to do the online test for hsbc
Reply 1
Immersive Online Assessment is a combination of situational judgment questions and numerical questions based on data sources provided. There is 26 questions in total. If you want real tests /immersive one and job simulation/ for your role you can find it on graduatejobguide co uk. I was using it for HSBC and Barclays and can confirm that materials are genuine. You can get documents preview on their online chat as well so that you can get familiar with test format.
Reply 2
Hi I applied for Retail Bank & Wealth Management at grad level

here are a few bits of info:
1) They sent the immersive test to me immediately after I sent the initial application and you have 7 days to complete it once its it your inbox;
2) The immersive test is a mix of numerical and SJT, 26 in total as the above person said;
3) All the SJT are in the format where you rank the responses in order of effectiveness (I found this really hard);
4) I would practise for the numerical by going over percentages, ratios, fractions, probability, reading different types of graph etc;
5) It took me 2 HOURS... so way over the recommended time (of an hour) - I don't know if I've passed yet so I cant recommend whether you should take your time or try and go faster than that.

Does anyone know how long it takes for them to tell you if you've passed? I completed it 4 days ago
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by mw226

1) They sent the immersive test to me immediately after I sent the initial application and you have 7 days to complete it once its it your inbox;
2) The immersive test is a mix of numerical and SJT, 26 in total as the above person said;
3) All the SJT are in the format where you rank the responses in order of effectiveness (I found this really hard);
4) I would practise for the numerical by going over percentages, ratios, fractions, probability, reading different types of graph etc;
5) It took me 2 HOURS... so way over the recommended time (of an hour) - I don't know if I've passed yet so I cant recommend whether you should take your time or try and go faster than that.

Does anyone know how long it takes for them to tell you if you've passed? I completed it 4 days ago

I actually got a response an hour after I posted this. I passed the immersive test so definitely take your time on it!
Reply 4
Original post by mw226
I actually got a response an hour after I posted this. I passed the immersive test so definitely take your time on it!

haha thank you. It seems that you get good luck in this response XD
Original post by ztyccc
haha thank you. It seems that you get good luck in this response XD

Is this for the Spring Week or graduate internship?
Reply 6
Original post by Donatelli
Is this for the Spring Week or graduate internship?

graduate programme
Reply 7
Original post by mw226

Hi mw226, I have completed my immersive test tonight. Actually I am sure I made 2 stupid mistakes in the numerical part. On the website it shows my application is under consideration but I am still nervous about the result. May I ask what's the next step for you app?

Thanks anyway in advance.
Reply 8
Hey, if you think you only got 2 wrong, that sounds promising to me! Deffo look at the feedback in the meantime, it might help with other applications. I had to wait about 5 days for the result. The next one is the job simulation which I have 7 days to complete. I’m not sure what’s involved in that one tbh.
Does anyone have any tips/advice for the job simulator section?
Reply 9
Original post by mw226
Hey, if you think you only got 2 wrong, that sounds promising to me! Deffo look at the feedback in the meantime, it might help with other applications. I had to wait about 5 days for the result. The next one is the job simulation which I have 7 days to complete. I’m not sure what’s involved in that one tbh.
Does anyone have any tips/advice for the job simulator section?

LOL they are just something I am sure I was wrong after clicking SUBMIT. HSBC system was different from those BIG 4 OT system that they cannot go back to previous questions. I was so reckless about those questions tho.

For simulation sector I recommend to search in the forum, although most of the info are about past years. But anyway I guess they are somehow useful. Good luck to you on the upcoming section!
Hey, am sure you will have thought of all of these things but heres my two pence worth :smile: Take a look at HSBC values in a bit more depth - being open, dependable and connected. Really understanding how these work is a huge part of the HSBC ethos - so working those in if you can would be a plus. Practice doing video interviews and record yourself a few times before you do it - it will include that aspect. And dress for the recorded interview part as if you were going to a face to face interview. Make sure the background is clean and clear etc and you wont be interrupted. Good luck
Reply 11
Regarding immersive online assessment - you can't make numerical mistakes as you'll be rejected. Regarding situational judgment questions, they are more flexible. Some numerical reasoning questions are vague, so you have to think twice before selecting the right answer. If you are successful, you'll usually get an invitation for job simulation within 48 hours.
Regarding online job simulation - they have just changed the tests, so if you have completed job simulation for the last intake, forget about using the same answers. This part of the application process only 10% of applicants pass as competition is extremely high. Reach out to Noah on onlinegraduatetest com and he will provide you with personalised support. You can also get the latest appropriate tests for your role. In job simulation you also have a case study and numerical part - numerical questions are randomly allocated. Make sure to mention key values such as 'dependable', otherwise, you may automatically fail as software catches the 'keywords'.
Reply 12
Hi, anyone here did HSBC job simulation for investment banking ?
Reply 13
Where can you find the feedback? My stage says: You have completed the Online Immersive Assessment and your application is under consideration. And that's all I can see in the application tracking page.
Reply 14
Hey,How did it play out after this? Did you hear back after to get an advance on to the next stage, and was it a job simulation assessment?

Would appreciate any information on your experience/ rough timelines as to when you heard back.

Thanks!
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 15
Original post by mw226

How to take up that test after you receive that mail ? Could you please guide me. I received that mail but not sure how to take up the test. The mail only consists of a link to the candidate hub
Reply 16
Original post by mw226

Could you please guide me how to take up the test once we have received that mail. I did receive it but it only has the link to a candidate hub for me to get prepared for the OIA.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending