The Student Room Group

PAPER 2 igcse computer science HELPP

We did python programming at school for the first year, and I'm not sure whether we can write the code in python or if we have to change it to pseudocode for the Paper 2 tasks. Any advice or info would be appreciated :smile:)
Python syntax can quite easily read like pseudocode so if you write something which looks like any other real programming language in the exam then that's fine.

The exam board is going to be marking you on your use of programming constructs so the examiner needs to obviously be able to recognise how you've used those so that it's clear you understand the concepts and that your algorithm is correct - i.e. For/While Loops, Variables/assignment, Data Types, If/Else, Boolean logic/comparisons, arithmetic, List/Array access, etc.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by winterscoming
Python syntax can quite easily read like pseudocode so if you write something which looks like any other real programming language in the exam then that's fine.

The exam board is going to be marking you on your use of programming constructs so the examiner needs to obviously be able to recognise how you've used those so that it's clear you understand the concepts and that your algorithm is correct - i.e. For/While Loops, Variables/assignment, Data Types, If/Else, Boolean logic/comparisons, arithmetic, List/Array access, etc.

Okay thank u so much. Should I look at pseudocode? Or is that not needed?
Original post by goatslayer2
Okay thank u so much. Should I look at pseudocode? Or is that not needed?

Yes, you'll need to understand that as well, but if you can read/understand Python code then the exam board's pseudocode syntax should be fairly obvious and intuitive. The exam will contain questions written using their pseudocode standard so you'll need to be able to read that to understand the algorithms/logic to answer those questions.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by winterscoming
Yes, you'll need to understand that as well, but if you can read/understand Python code then the exam board's pseudocode syntax should be fairly obvious and intuitive. The exam will contain questions written using their pseudocode standard so you'll need to be able to read that to understand the algorithms/logic to answer those questions.

Okay thank uu, prolly wasted 5 secs of ur life answering me but much appreciated, thanksss

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending