The Student Room Group

putting the a in ramen

Scroll to see replies

Definitely the best GYG title I've seen this year so far. Love it!

Please keep me tagged!
eyyy one of the best titles imo :tongue:
all the best this year!! keep me tagged x
Original post by SarcAndSpark
Definitely the best GYG title I've seen this year so far. Love it!

Please keep me tagged!

Original post by mez_merising
eyyy one of the best titles imo :tongue:
all the best this year!! keep me tagged x

thank you both, will keep you tagged :biggrin:

song i'm currently listening to: taylor swift - afterglow

hi yeah it's friday night and i've completed my first full week of year 13. nice. or maybe not. y'all better pray that i can maintain weekly updates lol

english lit:

sooo back to our normal teachers mostly. started death of a salesman in class, not that keen on it tbh and after reading the summary i don't think i'll be enjoying reading it :rip: oh well, it's a decently short play so won't be too strenuous. we recapped greek and shakespearan tragedy conventions, learnt a bit about what miller likes putting in his plays.
soo on one day we have our normal teacher and then another day where it's a single we'll be having another teacher for the next few weeks who'll be teaching us some sort of workshops on the nea- students last year apparently have found it really helpful and the school said they got some really good results for it this year so should be good. the teacher's lovely too so that helps. anyway, in terms of the nea, last week, we learnt about writing effective introductions- these are super important here and we can lose marks if we have a weak intro etc and the expectations are higher because we will be able to edit our work throughout the months and such; so noice.:borat:
worked a lot on my nea essays over the summer, came up with a lot of points so i'm hoping that eases the burden when it comes to writing it all up later.
i wrote an introduction to one flew over the cuckoo's nest for h/w; the question was the one i created:h: am pretty happy with how it went though i think it's a bit long so i'm going to get my teacher to have a look and see if there's anything i can cut out or reword.
we're still doing atonement with the other teacher for the double- found it super interesting as we were looking at whether we thought briony to be a criminal or victim- pretty much all of us agreed that she was more criminal :lol:

maths:

we've been recapping a fair bit of gsce content which i'm a bit surprised about as it's uh a2 but it's gonna crank up in difficulty as we go along the year i know that for sure :redface:
one girl's dropped out of the class so now it's only 2 girls and like 11 boys??
with one teacher we did functions- did learn a few new words like domain and range though i vaguely recall learning them at gcse and not really understanding them :lol: did some mapping and learnt terms like one-to-one and many-to-one and which ones count as functions; there's some vertical ray test thing that you can do to find out. today was composite and inverse function which was gcse content so not too strenuous mentally:thumbsup:
with the other teacher, we went over factor theorem, remainder theorem and algebraic division; iirc we covered them all in year 12. we're meant to be doing partial fractions soon but then she mentioned about trigonometry soon too so have no clue what we're doing next tbh lmaoo

psychology:

got a new teacher and she seems really lovely and a good teacher so should be a good year. we started relationships where we learnt about sexual selection and reproduction and how the approach sees men as doing one thing and women have a different function it's pretty wordy tbh so i'll need to consolidate what i've learnt this week but i'm pretty sure i understand it:h:
with the other teacher we started biopsychology- did the nervous system so pns, cns, nerve cells and all that jazz:thumbsup: hoping this part doesn't let me down in the exam lol.

other academic stuff:

so far i'm finding year 13 okay i guess. personal statement i've been working on to cut it down but still needs a lot of work. literally have a non existent conclusion right now and my introduction is just cliche asf probably:s-smilie: aqa have already released the exam timetable so i've made a note of all the exams i have- the whole period where i'll be sitting exams is under a month which i think i'm pleased about. have no multiple exams on the same day apart from the FINAL day ffs aqa did me dirty- i have maths and psychology on the last day:cry: but don't wanna count down till exams otherwise i'll end up becoming a nervous mess.
still unsure on my 5th uni choice- maybe i'll end up going w brum instead of swansea idk man i'm just so so indecisive

non academic stuff:

it's less than a month till my jon bellion concert and i'm so bloody excited:woo::excited: also the 1975 have just released uk dates and i wanna go:colondollar: hoping tickets aren't too expensive but i shall find out next friday if they don't sell out ridiculously quickly:ninja:
have been listening to taylor's new album a lot, i love it sm:love: i've formed some really good friendships over the past year in and out of school so i'm hoping i'll be able to maintain them:h:

manu's song recommendation of the week:

[video="youtube;p1cEvNn88jM"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1cEvNn88jM[/video]
this post is already getting stupidly long i apologise so i better end it here.
qotd: last animated movie you've watched? rate it. mine was toy story 4: 9/10

Spoiler

(edited 4 years ago)
Prsom :jive:
Sounds good! And if you’re recapping AS/Y11 content then it’s not too bad atm :smile:
Hopefully death of a salesman gets more interesting as you analyse it :crossedf:
:lovehug:
Reply 45
If you're recapping algebraic long division then it's probably in preparation for partial fraction splitting. Also the whole point of mappings and types of functions is because they tend to ask "Explain why the inverse function doesn't exist" in every question ever involving functions. The increase in difficulty for y13 is with calculus and trig mainly.
Seems like you're lucky with your teachers!

And uuhhh I can't remember the last animated film I watched. At all.
glad your first week went well! :woo:
last animated film? i rewatched ratatouille for the nth time last week :colondollar:
oh, and i really liked jeremy zucker's music :yes: thanks for the recommendation :redface:
Biopsychology sucks :yucky:
Last animated film was... The Aristocats back in May-ish
Original post by laurawatt
Prsom :jive:
Sounds good! And if you’re recapping AS/Y11 content then it’s not too bad atm :smile:
Hopefully death of a salesman gets more interesting as you analyse it :crossedf:
:lovehug:

defo :yep:
i hope so to as would make studying it easier:o:lol:
:hugs:

Original post by Sinnoh
If you're recapping algebraic long division then it's probably in preparation for partial fraction splitting. Also the whole point of mappings and types of functions is because they tend to ask "Explain why the inverse function doesn't exist" in every question ever involving functions. The increase in difficulty for y13 is with calculus and trig mainly.
Seems like you're lucky with your teachers!

And uuhhh I can't remember the last animated film I watched. At all.

ooh okay makes sense thank you!:grin:
i like to think i am :yes:
go watch an animated film!! disgraceful.
Reply 49
I had more than one exam on the same day when I did my A-Levels this summer so your A-Level exam timetable sounds much nicer even though you'll be done with it all in less than a month! :smile:

Good luck with your personal statement and with Year 13, you'll be fine.
Original post by entertainmyfaith

maths:

we've been recapping a fair bit of gsce content which i'm a bit surprised about as it's uh a2 but it's gonna crank up in difficulty as we go along the year i know that for sure :redface:
one girl's dropped out of the class so now it's only 2 girls and like 11 boys??

My maths class only has 3 girls as well - and 18 boys:cry:My friend said she'll be dropping maths along with the other girl so I'm going to be the only girl by the looks of it haha. Best of luck :colondollar:
:smile:
Can't remember the last animated movie I watched😂
Original post by nyxnko_
glad your first week went well! :woo:
last animated film? i rewatched ratatouille for the nth time last week :colondollar:
oh, and i really liked jeremy zucker's music :yes: thanks for the recommendation :redface:

ratatouille is amazing!!
im glad you like it:biggrin: he's on my bucket list of people to see live :love: what's your favorite song by him?

Original post by CoffeeAndPolitics
I had more than one exam on the same day when I did my A-Levels this summer so your A-Level exam timetable sounds much nicer even though you'll be done with it all in less than a month! :smile:

Good luck with your personal statement and with Year 13, you'll be fine.

:yep:
thank you:hugs:

Original post by mpaprika
My maths class only has 3 girls as well - and 18 boys:cry:My friend said she'll be dropping maths along with the other girl so I'm going to be the only girl by the looks of it haha. Best of luck :colondollar:

aw no:cry2: you'll be fine though it'll be a bit weird :yes: 18 boys is a lot!!
probably have the most banter in maths so :colone:

Original post by Obolinda
:smile:
Can't remember the last animated movie I watched😂

:hugs:
better watch another one soon :wink:
prsom! sounds like you've had a productive week :smile: y13 functions seemed really easy when we did them in class but then it was one of the topics i struggled most with in exams - i always find the easy stuff more tricky than the advanced stuff :lol:

hope the rest of the weeks go well for you :hugs:

also don't remember the last time i watched an animated film lol
my personal statement is also super cringy agh:facepalm:
omg lover is great, i love the man and paper rings:gah:
i'm so hyped for jon bellion too (though i haven't asked my parents about it yet whoops)
partial fractions are good:yep:
have a great weekend:hugs:
Great to hear the weeks been okay :woo:

DOASM is quite dry but once you get back into it I’m sure you will like it as it’s a lot different to the other tragedy texts you look at like there is a much broader debate which makes it a good in terms of how you can write about it.

Good luck with the PS :tongue: I’m sure you’ll be fine

Last movie I watched was Ferdinand was quite good :biggrin:

Take care :hugs:
Love that you've had a good week! :yep:

Ahhh best of luck with the PS! You've got this! :penguinhug:

So many concerts :gah: lucky gyalie!
ratatouille is amazing!!
im glad you like it:biggrin: he's on my bucket list of people to see live :love: what's your favorite song by him?

it really is!! :yep: it always makes me so hungry whenever i watch it tho :colondollar:
ooh, i hope you get to see him :redface: i think my favourite one so far is all the kids are depressed.
Original post by Protostar
prsom! sounds like you've had a productive week :smile: y13 functions seemed really easy when we did them in class but then it was one of the topics i struggled most with in exams - i always find the easy stuff more tricky than the advanced stuff :lol:

hope the rest of the weeks go well for you :hugs:

also don't remember the last time i watched an animated film lol

that was me at gcse:lol:
thank you, and you too:lovehug:
:noway: better get watching one soon :wink:

Original post by Toastiekid
my personal statement is also super cringy agh:facepalm:
omg lover is great, i love the man and paper rings:gah:
i'm so hyped for jon bellion too (though i haven't asked my parents about it yet whoops)
partial fractions are good:yep:
have a great weekend:hugs:

we'll get there in the end:rave: i'm just relieved i'm not doing early entry:redface:
the man and paper rings is so good!! i love i forgot you existed and london boy too:love:
hopefully they'll let you go:yep:
fingers crossed i find them okay as just the name of the topic sounds offputting:lol:
and you:hugs::heart:

Original post by I AM GROOT 1
Great to hear the weeks been okay :woo:

DOASM is quite dry but once you get back into it I’m sure you will like it as it’s a lot different to the other tragedy texts you look at like there is a much broader debate which makes it a good in terms of how you can write about it.

Good luck with the PS :tongue: I’m sure you’ll be fine

Last movie I watched was Ferdinand was quite good :biggrin:

Take care :hugs:

thank you!:heart:
i hope i'll get into it once i start analysing it otherwise i'm gonna find the lessons tough:redface: thankfully it's worth only half of one 25 marker on the paper so that may be a good thing:dontknow:
i'm reading over my ps and just wondering how any uni will accept me :lol:
oh i've heard of that!! didn't really appeal to me but maybe i shall have a look at it.
and you, hope uni goes well:hugs:

Original post by RazzzBerries
Love that you've had a good week! :yep:

Ahhh best of luck with the PS! You've got this! :penguinhug:

So many concerts :gah: lucky gyalie!

going to need all the luck i can get as i've hit a bit of rut with my ps at the mo :laugh:
i will have only been to 2 this year so not that many :teehee: feel very privileged that i'm able to go though:yep:

Original post by nyxnko_
it really is!! :yep: it always makes me so hungry whenever i watch it tho :colondollar:
ooh, i hope you get to see him :redface: i think my favourite one so far is all the kids are depressed.

animated food always looks good :coma::drool:
just waiting for him to come to a city near me as he only came to london last time which is like so far:frown: i'd go to london if i had the money and no school but alas, i don't:tongue:
all the kids are depressed is so good:biggrin: despite the depressing lyrical content :lol:
animated food always looks good :coma::drool:
just waiting for him to come to a city near me as he only came to london last time which is like so far:frown: i'd go to london if i had the money and no school but alas, i don't:tongue:
all the kids are depressed is so good:biggrin: despite the depressing lyrical content :lol:

sadly, animated food looks better than real food sometimes :sadnod:
awww i hope he comes near you soon :redface:
i think that's why i like it :lol: it's a surprisingly upbeat song for such depressing lyrics

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending