The Student Room Group

Does he hate me?

We work together and he showed some signs of interest such as fidgeting when talking to me, taking deep breaths etc. Anyway, he's a doctor and a rep was bringing us food today. Strangely the order came and was only 3 when there is 4 of us in the office. It was salad so i dind't like it anyway and didn't eat it and nor did my other coworker. As the rep was leaving and the doctor came out with him, the rep said there is 3 order for you to share with your employess. So the dr went inside kitchen then came out and said"you guys got food right" (my coworker and i were sitting together).I said "no" in a bit of offended, bit of sarcastic way. Then he said well there's one untouched dish there. Anyway, i was offended and just went downstairs to walk around. I ran into him and a guy walking together and heard the doctor saying laughing and saying "sensitive world". So he had gone down to the cafeteria(he gets free stuff) and he brought coffee for the other 2 girls and nothing for me. So what i wasn't in the office at that time. He knew i was gonna come back. It was the lunch break. Ugh would an interested guy get butt hurt like this and do this?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
We work together and he showed some signs of interest such as fidgeting when talking to me, taking deep breaths etc. Anyway, he's a doctor and a rep was bringing us food today. Strangely the order came and was only 3 when there is 4 of us in the office. It was salad so i dind't like it anyway and didn't eat it and nor did my other coworker. As the rep was leaving and the doctor came out with him, the rep said there is 3 order for you to share with your employess. So the dr went inside kitchen then came out and said"you guys got food right" (my coworker and i were sitting together).I said "no" in a bit of offended, bit of sarcastic way. Then he said well there's one untouched dish there. Anyway, i was offended and just went downstairs to walk around. I ran into him and a guy walking together and heard the doctor saying laughing and saying "sensitive world". So he had gone down to the cafeteria(he gets free stuff) and he brought coffee for the other 2 girls and nothing for me. So what i wasn't in the office at that time. He knew i was gonna come back. It was the lunch break. Ugh would an interested guy get butt hurt like this and do this?

This doesn't seem to make much sense, I can't tell how either you or this doctor are offended by the exchange about food..? As for the coffee maybe he could only carry 3 - two for them and one for himself. On a last note, those 2 things you've stated really aren't enough to know if he is/was interested in you.
Reply 2
Original post by SmutsReport
This doesn't seem to make much sense, I can't tell how either you or this doctor are offended by the exchange about food..? As for the coffee maybe he could only carry 3 - two for them and one for himself. On a last note, those 2 things you've stated really aren't enough to know if he is/was interested in you.

I didn't eat the food, and when he asked did you guys get food I said "no" i guess with a bit of sarcastic tone. Then he said well there is one untouched in the fridge but I didn't eat it. Then i went downstairs for the rest of my lunch break and i ran into him walking with another guy saying "Sensitive world" i bet it was about me. He has brought us coffee before for everyone so yes he CAN carry it. And the whole rest of the day my mood wasn't the best( and niether was his). As far as the interest part when he talks to me he has trouble looking me in the eye and has to divert his gaze and bring it back, takes deep breaths -which if you look up does a guy when he's nervous and runs out of oxygen, and fidgets with things while talking to me etc, and idk i just felt it from him. So idk why he acted like this
Original post by SmutsReport

Nah bro thats no excuse they make those cup holder things

But yeah... deep breaths wtf
this is the creepy deep-breathing passive aggressive snack-related manipulation doctor --> :ahee:
Reply 4
Original post by KingofUnis
Nah bro thats no excuse they make those cup holder things

But yeah... deep breaths wtf
this is the creepy deep-breathing passive aggressive snack-related manipulation doctor --> :ahee:

why do you think he did this? YES exactly VERY passive aggressive. What do you think this passive aggression means? he just hates me or...
Those aren't "signs of interest".

You are unnecessarily over-analysing this guys actions and taking things too personally.
why do you think he did this? YES exactly VERY passive aggressive. What do you think this passive aggression means? he just hates me or...

hmmm idk. A lot of times what you see is guys being mean to a girl they fancy at the point when they realise she doesn't fancy them back

Wait, so, did you give him the brush off or do you like him?

Thing is, doctors think the sun shines out of their own arse. So a lot of times they are just fu*kin pricks...
Reply 7
hmmm idk. A lot of times what you see is guys being mean to a girl they fancy at the point when they realise she doesn't fancy them back

Wait, so, did you give him the brush off or do you like him?

Thing is, doctors think the sun shines out of their own arse. So a lot of times they are just fu*kin pricks...

well we work together so he never asked me out or anything but i was just confused by his actions. And he is a butt hurt sensitive type of guy becasue the whole day his mood was off
Reply 8
Original post by sinfonietta
Those aren't "signs of interest".

You are unnecessarily over-analysing this guys actions and taking things too personally.

wth you talking about lady? this guy is a very sensitive guy and yes I CAN sense that he seems interested during our interactions wtf
well we work together so he never asked me out or anything but i was just confused by his actions. And he is a butt hurt sensitive type of guy becasue the whole day his mood was off

yeah he sounds like an absolute little bi*ch

That sucks if he's singled you out to take his tiny-penis issues out on (or whatever his issue is - probably what I just said)

Might make it difficult to work there in the long run if he keeps it up. I guess one option is to suck up to him... little butt hurts like him usually respond well to having their ego boosted. That's probably what he's trying to make you do.

What I'd do is make a note of the two things you mentioned and any other stunts like that. Put dates and times. Then if it gets to the point that your sick of him then you will have the upper hand cuz you'll have a record of his shi*ty behavior
yeah he sounds like an absolute little bi*ch

That sucks if he's singled you out to take his tiny-penis issues out on (or whatever his issue is - probably what I just said)

Might make it difficult to work there in the long run if he keeps it up. I guess one option is to suck up to him... little butt hurts like him usually respond well to having their ego boosted. That's probably what he's trying to make you do.

What I'd do is make a note of the two things you mentioned and any other stunts like that. Put dates and times. Then if it gets to the point that your sick of him then you will have the upper hand cuz you'll have a record of his shi*ty behavior

an interested guy wouldn't do this right? then idk iwas getting the vibe that he was interested since he wasn't as confident around me, difficulty holding eye contact, fidgeting when talking to me, deep breaths etc
im already getting sick of it. another time that i didn't eat what he had ordered and I had left for lunch. When i came back he walked past and said "this food was sooo good and healthy, right guys?"
im already getting sick of it. another time that i didn't eat what he had ordered and I had left for lunch. When i came back he walked past and said "this food was sooo good and healthy, right guys?"

Ur work place sounds so gay

Yeah maybe he is interested.

Why don't u just put it on him? Say "r u going to take me for a drink or what". If he says no then just say "haha oh what are you scared of me finding out how small ur **** is?"

Sorted
Ur work place sounds so gay

Yeah maybe he is interested.

Why don't u just put it on him? Say "r u going to take me for a drink or what". If he says no then just say "haha oh what are you scared of me finding out how small ur **** is?"

Sorted

well i can't cause he's a doc and there's sexual harassment etc not until i leave for medical school. But would an interested guy do what he did? It does sound gay
well i can't cause he's a doc and there's sexual harassment etc not until i leave for medical school. But would an interested guy do what he did? It does sound gay

Sounds like you mainly wanna know if you have a chance of getting with him :rofl2:

Yes an interested guy would do that

Why else would he single you out?

I guess it depends on how attractive you are. Post a pic and i'll tell you if he's likely to be interested or not :cool:
Sounds like you mainly wanna know if you have a chance of getting with him :rofl2:

Yes an interested guy would do that

Why else would he single you out?

I guess it depends on how attractive you are. Post a pic and i'll tell you if he's likely to be interested or not :cool:

this guy is single and looking to get married, this isn't just about getting with him. So you don't think he'd do this simply because I'm an employee and to "stick it to me" and btw I've been told i'm attractive my whole life, can't post a pic sorry.
and I thought a guy that was interested wouldn't act this mean?!
this guy is single and looking to get married, this isn't just about getting with him. So you don't think he'd do this simply because I'm an employee and to "stick it to me" and btw I've been told i'm attractive my whole life, can't post a pic sorry.

Ok well yeah

If he is treating you different by saying stuff to you then you must stand out to him for some reason. That reason could be that he thinks you're mega hot and is too nervous to do anything in the proper way. Or it might be because he really doesn't like you for some reason that you dont realise.

I can't definitively tell you whether he fancies you or not i'd have to ask him
Ok well yeah

If he is treating you different by saying stuff to you then you must stand out to him for some reason. That reason could be that he thinks you're mega hot and is too nervous to do anything in the proper way. Or it might be because he really doesn't like you for some reason that you dont realise.

but it is possible that he is interested. Especially if ur a hotty. It's quite likely
Ok well yeah

but a guy that liked me wouldn't ignore me when bringing coffee no?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending