The Student Room Group
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website

Pharmacy Hertfordshire 2019

Anyone starting pharmacy degree this year at Hertfordshire uni?
I wanted to ask if it’s vital to attend all days of the induction week?
Not doing this degree, but as a third year I can tell you it's generally a good idea. People who don't miss out on info which may be really important later. If you can't be there because of logistics then maybe, and in that case, seek out course leaders and explain the situation.
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website
Original post by Anonymous
Anyone starting pharmacy degree this year at Hertfordshire uni?
I wanted to ask if it’s vital to attend all days of the induction week?

Original post by Jewelzela
Not doing this degree, but as a third year I can tell you it's generally a good idea. People who don't miss out on info which may be really important later. If you can't be there because of logistics then maybe, and in that case, seek out course leaders and explain the situation.

Hi @anonymous #1,

@Jewelzela is spot on, it would be really useful for you to attend your induction week and there will be important things like your timetable that will be given so it will be good for you to attend, however, if you cannot make time please do get in touch with your programme leader so they can brief you on important things that you might need. Hope this helps.

-Chirasree
Original post by University of Hertfordshire
Hi @anonymous #1,

@Jewelzela is spot on, it would be really useful for you to attend your induction week and there will be important things like your timetable that will be given so it will be good for you to attend, however, if you cannot make time please do get in touch with your programme leader so they can brief you on important things that you might need. Hope this helps.

-Chirasree

i feel like alot of induction will be left upto us to do what ever, how do i make sure im not missing out and get to meet new people, especially that i am commuting
Original post by Anonymous
i feel like alot of induction will be left upto us to do what ever, how do i make sure im not missing out and get to meet new people, especially that i am commuting

If you look here https://www.herts.ac.uk/study/new-students/your-first-week it's indicated there's a lot you need to do in induction week, and you should probably download your induction week timetable, which will have more structured things to do.
Go to everything on the list and make yourself available- if you're commuting don't plan to leave directly after something finishes, give yourself some time so if you want to talk to people you can.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending