The Student Room Group

Dentistry with low UCAT score, KCL

Hi,
I recently sat the UCAT exams and got an average score 530 and a Band 1.
My predicted grades are A*AA
Since I also take part in K+ programme at kings college, I have a high chance of getting into the enhanced dentistry programme.
But with such a low UCAT score is it still worth applying to dentistry. Thanks
(edited 4 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
My daughter got a low UKCAT score but got an interview at Dundee and is off there in 3 weeks. She had a good, all round personal statement and likely had a good interview.
Reply 2
Original post by Hsey
My daughter got a low UKCAT score but got an interview at Dundee and is off there in 3 weeks. She had a good, all round personal statement and likely had a good interview.

Congratulations to her
Reply 3
HI, I’m also part of the k programme for dentistry, I also didn’t do too well in my ucat, have you asked k if it’s worth applying to dentistry
Reply 4
Yes, you will have a chance. I know of somebody with a similar profile to you. You don't lose anything by giving it a go!
Reply 5
Original post by Ya167890
HI, I’m also part of the k programme for dentistry, I also didn’t do too well in my ucat, have you asked k if it’s worth applying to dentistry

Original post by AAMC
Yes, you will have a chance. I know of somebody with a similar profile to you. You don't lose anything by giving it a go!

Really? Wat did they get in their ucat if u don’t me asking ? Also if one was to apply to the enhanced dentistry support is it fine if the ucat score is low
Reply 6
Really? Wat did they get in their ucat if u don’t me asking ? Also if one was to apply to the enhanced dentistry support is it fine if the ucat score is low

I would strongly encourage you to apply for the enhanced support program, as it is (most likely) aimed at people with a lower score. They applied for the EMDP with a score in the 500s. So I think you will have a chance - it's not going to be a definite yes, but if your personal statement is strong, it's likely not to be a definite no. E-mail admissions, ask them if they have a threshold for enhanced support/dentistry. I don't think they do.
Reply 7
ahh thank you so much, you made me feel a lot better:smile: do you study dentistry btw?
Reply 8
ahh thank you so much, you made me feel a lot better:smile: do you study dentistry btw?

I study medicine personally, however I have quite a few friends who got in via gateway. I was quite surprised to see that King's took somebody with 497.5 for the EMDP - have a look on Google for "what do they know". Hopefully it will give you some confidence!
Reply 9
Also did your friend apply to EMDP recently? Or was this a long time ago Bcuz if it was then things may have changed
Reply 10
Also did your friend apply to EMDP recently? Or was this a long time ago Bcuz if it was then things may have changed

Very recently, yes.
(edited 4 years ago)
Hi I also want to go to kings for dentistry, I sat my ucat yday and got 640 with band 1. Does anyone know the cut offs for kcl?
Hi everyone

I am on a gap year and really want to do dentistry. however i have received a very low ucat of 2160(540) and band 1 SJT. Please can somebody advise me on which universities to apply to as I am so passionate about dentistry.
I have completed 1 week dentistry, 1 week GP, 1 week pharmacy work ex and 1 yr care home, 1 yr hospital volunteering.

Alevels- A*AA
Gcses- 3As (sciences) 7Bs

I was thinking Manchester but other than that I have no idea.
(edited 4 years ago)
Hello, why don’t you look at enhanced dentistry support at kings and Bristol ?
It’s not all about UKCAT btw, like it also depends on ur personal statement, experience, the way you present yourself in the interview etc...
Hi, I got 675 in my UCAT but I got band 4 in set, do you think I should still apply to KCL as it is where I really want to go
Hi, I got 675 in my UCAT but I got band 4 in sjt, do you think I should still apply to KCL as it is where I really want to go
Hello, why don’t you look at enhanced dentistry support at kings and Bristol ?

ive checked the kings one but im not from london and its only eligible for state schools in london i think. ive just checked the bristol programme you are referring to but students with aab or above or a in chemistry are not eligible :frown:
do u know of any other entry routes?
(edited 4 years ago)
It’s not all about UKCAT btw, like it also depends on ur personal statement, experience, the way you present yourself in the interview etc...

yes thats what im hoping for thank you for reassuring me. Also are u doing dentistry or thinking of applying??
Original post by anonymous23888
Hi, I got 675 in my UCAT but I got band 4 in sjt, do you think I should still apply to KCL as it is where I really want to go

you can try applying to dundee since they dont look at sjt
(edited 4 years ago)

Latest