A level Biology
A level Economics
BTEC Science

or
Core Maths
AS Maths
A level Biology
A level Economics

I've never done psychology in my life which is why i probably want to take it as an AS but i dont know if should drop BTEC Science and do psychology instead.
It all depends on your future career... what do you want to begin a career in...?
Reply 2
Original post by SeverusESnape
It all depends on your future career... what do you want to begin a career in...?

I honestly dont know. I would like to do something in biology but right now all i want to know is if i can get into uni, honestly dont care which one. Im so tired of this crap honestly.
Original post by Fabian3838
I honestly dont know. I would like to do something in biology but right now all i want to know is if i can get into uni, honestly dont care which one. Im so tired of this crap honestly.

I know it can be really frustrating and annoying. I think you should talk to your parents, or if not them then your teachers (they'll tell you your strengths and weaknesses and give great advice) or if you have career advisors in your school talk to them. Ask as many questions as you want to a lot of people with experiences, and then when you're satisfied, go with your heart. Personally, I don't know how BTEC is different from Edexcel or CIE, so can't really say but I think you should go with the first set of options cuz they seem more inclined towards the Biology field which you're kinda interested in...
Reply 4
I know it can be really frustrating and annoying. I think you should talk to your parents, or if not them then your teachers (they'll tell you your strengths and weaknesses and give great advice) or if you have career advisors in your school talk to them. Ask as many questions as you want to a lot of people with experiences, and then when you're satisfied, go with your heart. Personally, I don't know how BTEC is different from Edexcel or CIE, so can't really say but I think you should go with the first set of options cuz they seem more inclined towards the Biology field which you're kinda interested in...

The thing is I think BTEC Science gives more UCAS points than AS Psychology

Also i've spoken to my friends at they tell me whatever option i choose probably will get me into a university.

Thanks for responding BTW i've constantly been stressing about this for the past 2 weeks.
The thing is I think BTEC Science gives more UCAS points than AS Psychology

Also i've spoken to my friends at they tell me whatever option i choose probably will get me into a university.

Thanks for responding BTW i've constantly been stressing about this for the past 2 weeks.

It's alright. Good luck! Just don't stress much it'll all turn out to be perfectly fine and in your favour as long as you make the right choices ofc
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 6
It's alright. Good luck! Just don't stress much it'll all turn out to be perfectly fine and in your favour as long as you make the right choices ofc

Do you think ill be able to get into uni with any of these options? Sorry im so stressed out.
Do you think ill be able to get into uni with any of these options? Sorry im so stressed out.

I can't really say anything because I'm not in uni right now (doing A levels) and I don't know you so Idk how you perform academically, but as long as you get good grades they'll accept you. Just work hard and don't tire yourself out and don't stress and try to have fun with everything.

It also depends on the university you want to enroll in like some don't accept you with just AS levels they want A levels too. But ofc with good grades in GCSEs and AS and A levels they can make exceptions...
Reply 9
It also depends on the university you want to enroll in like some don't accept you with just AS levels they want A levels too. But ofc with good grades in GCSEs and AS and A levels they can make exceptions...

tbh with you i dont care what university i go to, i just need to know whether any uni will accept me with those subjects.
Reply 10

What are you doing at a-levels by the way?
What are you doing at a-levels by the way?

Physics, chemistry and math (both AS and A)
Keep away from BTEC and Core maths crap
Reply 13
Original post by JJJJJAAAAMES
Keep away from BTEC and Core maths crap

The thing is, I wanted to do A level maths but i only got a 6. So my teachers advised me that i do core maths and smash the exam so i could do AS Maths at year 13.
The thing is, I wanted to do A level maths but i only got a 6. So my teachers advised me that i do core maths and smash the exam so i could do AS Maths at year 13.

I also got a 6 at GCSE, I got an E at AS mocks, but I got a grade A this year in A level maths
Reply 15
Original post by JJJJJAAAAMES
I also got a 6 at GCSE, I got an E at AS mocks, but I got a grade A this year in A level maths

Dang congrats! I honestly begged my teacher so much to let me do it but he wouldnt let me which pissed me off so much.
Reply 16
Dang congrats! I honestly begged my teacher so much to let me do it but he wouldnt let me which pissed me off so much.

Okay now i believe that the first option is the best for me :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest