The Student Room Group

will the bubble burst? : year 12 gyg

Scroll to see replies

week 2

beginning to make some friends, or at least talk to people a little more now. my frees have been productive some of the time, but i’m making the most of my freedom while it lasts and just enjoying myself. you can trust that i am doing any consolidation work at home when i need to :yep:

i also had the WORST cold this week so i almost didn’t go in on tuesday or wednesday, and i’ve now lost my voice (yay!!)

some interesting points from this week

Spoiler

[scroll]OHH and I almost forgot!!! my gcse in spanish has been remarked, and I have a 9 in that too :yay:[/scroll]

chemistry

haven’t had many lessons this week, i think the bulk of them are next week? we had a double where we looked at s-/p- orbitals and electron configuration which our teacher taught VERY badly but i think i finally get it now, because my friend sent me this cool infographic that explains it all. and with our other teacher we just revised valency and ionic formulae.

biology

covered viruses briefly with one of our teachers, but mostly focused on data analysis exam technique - with the other teacher we have been looking at biological molecules, reviewing gcse organic chemistry. on wednesday we learnt about carbohydrates and went through the maths test (i didn’t do as badly as i thought, but still pretty bad i think it was 31/48??)
that was a horrible day cos i had 6 hours of lessons including after school... no thanks :no:
in my own time i researched the science behind lactose intolerance, it’s pretty cool imo :dontknow:

psychology

it’s really boring at the moment ngl. with one of our teachers we have started with research methods :grr: which is LiTERALLY so repetitive and with the other we have just been going sooooo slowly. i fell asleep in one of the lessons and managed to get all of my notes done in the last 5 minutes. to be honest, his unit is a bit more interesting as it’s on approaches in psychology but we were doing origins, which was kinda dry.

might be dropping psychology then ahahh :getmecoat:

spanish

yeah i feel pretty terrible about this as well because i’ve forgotten SO MUCH spanish ughhh
we have covered the spanish festival/custom of bullfighting, as well as going through the present and past tenses again. with our other teacher, we have just started tourism.

xyz studies

to preserve my anonymity i’m not gonna say what this is called, but basically this week we had our pshe element of this and learnt about making friends which was ACTUALLY very insightful!!!

for anyone interested, my first day at work was good :smile:

please let me know if you want to be added/removed from the tag list
bubble squad :bubbles:

Spoiler

Glad it's going well :jumphug:
A lot of my friends took psychology and they said that the research methods bit was the worst part so don't jump to conclusions about it just yet :tongue:
:woohoo: sounds good! Hope you’ll start feeling better soon :console:
Oooh well done for Spanish!!! :jive:
:jumphug:
Glad you're starting to settle in 😊
(edited 4 years ago)
Definitely make the most of your freedom now:yep:
Woo for Spanish:woo:
Have a great weekend:hugs:
Original post by Lemur14
Glad it's going well :jumphug:
A lot of my friends took psychology and they said that the research methods bit was the worst part so don't jump to conclusions about it just yet :tongue:

yeah, our teacher said it was really dry but so far 'approaches' is terrible too so i really dont know :s-smilie:
Original post by laurawatt
:woohoo: sounds good! Hope you’ll start feeling better soon :console:
Oooh well done for Spanish!!! :jive:
:jumphug:

hopefully!!
thanks <3
Original post by Obolinda
Glad you're starting to settle in 😊

haha i had a chicken soup today to make myself feel better actually!!
Original post by Toastiekid
Definitely make the most of your freedom now:yep:
Woo for Spanish:woo:
Have a great weekend:hugs:

do feel a bit guilty though :giggle:
Oo exchange students, sounds fun. There's a guy in my college over from Vietnam and idk if he's exchange but I get the idea his family are still there so I surmise so.

Chemistry is p hard, especially with a bad teacher (after last year I should know tbh) but you'll get used to it and do well, I'm sure. Good that you get it so far!
Original post by MidnightSymphony
Oo exchange students, sounds fun. There's a guy in my college over from Vietnam and idk if he's exchange but I get the idea his family are still there so I surmise so.

Chemistry is p hard, especially with a bad teacher (after last year I should know tbh) but you'll get used to it and do well, I'm sure. Good that you get it so far!

yeah i had a really interesting discussion about how our school systems differ lol

oh for sure, luckily one of my teachers is okay hahah
well done on spanish!!
first bit of year 12 is definitely nicer than the rest of it :yes:
glad to hear your first day of work went well :grin:
if you're hating psychology don't force yourself to continue as doing 3 a levels is fine :yep: research methods isn't that bad tbh but most people hate it :lol:
Original post by clouddbubbles
week 2

beginning to make some friends, or at least talk to people a little more now. my frees have been productive some of the time, but i’m making the most of my freedom while it lasts and just enjoying myself. you can trust that i am doing any consolidation work at home when i need to :yep:

i also had the WORST cold this week so i almost didn’t go in on tuesday or wednesday, and i’ve now lost my voice (yay!!)

some interesting points from this week

Spoiler

[scroll]OHH and I almost forgot!!! my gcse in spanish has been remarked, and I have a 9 in that too :yay:[/scroll]

chemistry

haven’t had many lessons this week, i think the bulk of them are next week? we had a double where we looked at s-/p- orbitals and electron configuration which our teacher taught VERY badly but i think i finally get it now, because my friend sent me this cool infographic that explains it all. and with our other teacher we just revised valency and ionic formulae.

biology

covered viruses briefly with one of our teachers, but mostly focused on data analysis exam technique - with the other teacher we have been looking at biological molecules, reviewing gcse organic chemistry. on wednesday we learnt about carbohydrates and went through the maths test (i didn’t do as badly as i thought, but still pretty bad i think it was 31/48??)
that was a horrible day cos i had 6 hours of lessons including after school... no thanks :no:
in my own time i researched the science behind lactose intolerance, it’s pretty cool imo :dontknow:

psychology

it’s really boring at the moment ngl. with one of our teachers we have started with research methods :grr: which is LiTERALLY so repetitive and with the other we have just been going sooooo slowly. i fell asleep in one of the lessons and managed to get all of my notes done in the last 5 minutes. to be honest, his unit is a bit more interesting as it’s on approaches in psychology but we were doing origins, which was kinda dry.

might be dropping psychology then ahahh :getmecoat:

spanish

yeah i feel pretty terrible about this as well because i’ve forgotten SO MUCH spanish ughhh
we have covered the spanish festival/custom of bullfighting, as well as going through the present and past tenses again. with our other teacher, we have just started tourism.

xyz studies

to preserve my anonymity i’m not gonna say what this is called, but basically this week we had our pshe element of this and learnt about making friends which was ACTUALLY very insightful!!!

for anyone interested, my first day at work was good :smile:

please let me know if you want to be added/removed from the tag list
bubble squad :bubbles:

Spoiler

eyyy congrats on the spanish! totally deserved :tongue:
hmm send me that chem infographic i think im starting orbitals next week lol
what boards are you for bio & chem again? and ew research methods, my teacher literally hates them too lol so we're gonna do them near the end of the year. are you aqa for psych?
well done for spanish!! :woo:
hope you feel better soon :hugs:
well done on spanish :biggrin: hope you find psychology more interesting soon! my sister's just restarted y12 and she says the same thing about research methods :lol:
Ayyyy :woo:
¡Felicidades!
:woohoo:for spanish
Original post by entertainmyfaith
well done on spanish!!
first bit of year 12 is definitely nicer than the rest of it :yes:
glad to hear your first day of work went well :grin:
if you're hating psychology don't force yourself to continue as doing 3 a levels is fine :yep: research methods isn't that bad tbh but most people hate it :lol:

thanks!
well yeah, so i'm making the most of it :P
Original post by mez_merising
eyyy congrats on the spanish! totally deserved :tongue:
hmm send me that chem infographic i think im starting orbitals next week lol
what boards are you for bio & chem again? and ew research methods, my teacher literally hates them too lol so we're gonna do them near the end of the year. are you aqa for psych?

thaaaaanks!
i will in a moment, biology is aqa and chemistry is ocr a so if i remember we are doing the same exam board for chemistry?
i am :yep:
Original post by nyxnko_
well done for spanish!! :woo:
hope you feel better soon :hugs:

thanks! <3
Original post by Protostar
well done on spanish :biggrin: hope you find psychology more interesting soon! my sister's just restarted y12 and she says the same thing about research methods :lol:

its sooooooo boring :no:
Original post by RazzzBerries
Ayyyy :woo:

:lovehug:
Original post by emilynxlan
¡Felicidades!

Original post by _Mia101
:woohoo:for spanish

muchas gracias :party:
Original post by clouddbubbles
thaaaaanks!
i will in a moment, biology is aqa and chemistry is ocr a so if i remember we are doing the same exam board for chemistry?
i am :yep:

yep im ocr a for sciences and aqa for psych

Quick Reply

Latest