The Student Room Group

Issued a refund - buyer doesn’t know how to send item back

So I sold a size 10 jean to a woman and paid for postage. The jeans don’t fit her and I clearly stated size 10 and she’s trying to say I didn’t list it properly, it’s my fault. Now I issued her a refund and she doesn’t know what to do with the jeans? She wants me to pay postage for the jeans, but I did state size 10 and the jeans do have a size 10 label. So I am not paying for postage that’s for sure!

She doesn’t know how to send it back? Any clue?

Update: I accidentally listed it as a size 10L. But I corrected this in the category and added “size 10” on the title and even included the picture. The summary’s listed it as a “10L” so she just read the summary.

It would have been nice if she messaged because honestly it was her mistake. She misread the item. I did correct the item and even if she did buy it, the jeans should say “10L” on the tag. Not just “10”.
(edited 4 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Tell her how to send it back
Original post by wonderinghow1

But how? I doubt she wants to pay money for it.

I didn’t include a return label and on top of that I would have to send her extra money to send the money pack.
Shouldn't have issued the refund, then. Now I imagine you are bound to pay for the return or let her have the jeans.
Why did you give her the refund before you'd received the item back? You're gonna have a tough time now if she paid via PayPal, they're basically always on the side of the buyer and most likely won't cancel the refund as it's your fault for refunding the purchase before the item was returned. All you can really do now is pay for the postage and send her the returns label and learn from your mistake.

Side note, if she claims you didn't list the size of the jeans, who TF buys jeans not knowing what size they are :rofl: Just further adds to the notion that she's just gonna try her best to mug you off.
Original post by Notoriety
Shouldn't have issued the refund, then. Now I imagine you are bound to pay for the return or let her have the jeans.

The jeans don’t fit her. I can’t seem to understand why she would think that I listed them wrong when it clearly says size 10!
Original post by It's****ingWOODY
Why did you give her the refund before you'd received the item back? You're gonna have a tough time now if she paid via PayPal, they're basically always on the side of the buyer and most likely won't cancel the refund as it's your fault for refunding the purchase before the item was returned. All you can really do now is pay for the postage and send her the returns label and learn from your mistake.

Side note, if she claims you didn't list the size of the jeans, who TF buys jeans not knowing what size they are :rofl: Just further adds to the notion that she's just gonna try her best to mug you off.

She requested it? Where do I get the returns label? She tried them on and was like this isn’t a size 10! When the tag clearly says size 10. ****ing eBay! I’m going to delete my listings!!!
Original post by Discrepancy
I didn’t include a return label and on top of that I would have to send her extra money to send the money pack.

you shouldn't have done the refund tbh. consider it lesson learnt for next time
The jeans don’t fit her. I can’t seem to understand why she would think that I listed them wrong when it clearly says size 10!

So ****. You listed it correctly; she cocked up. Don't know why you should be out of pocket.
you shouldn't have done the refund tbh. consider it lesson learnt for next time

It’s my first time ever! So I thought if I don’t refund a paypal case would be made!
Original post by Notoriety
So ****. You listed it correctly; she cocked up. Don't know why you should be out of pocket.

It’s probably because my petite that’s why. She said it reaches mid calf!! It clearly states size 10 on the tag! Plus I wore the jeans, and even when she brought it, I could tell they wouldn’t fit her.
I’m actually feeling bad now, she hasn’t replied to my message.
Original post by It's****ingWOODY

Nah bro. As a buyer, you don't wanna get ripped off. If they sold crap, you'd want a refund. But if they sell crap, then they're probably crap people. Imagine sending an item back and not having your money back too lol can't risk that.
Original post by Bang Outta Order
Nah bro. As a buyer, you don't wanna get ripped off. If they sold crap, you'd want a refund. But if they sell crap, then they're probably crap people. Imagine sending an item back and not having your money back too lol can't risk that.

Exactly, I issued her a refund and now she won’t reply. I didn’t want her feeling I’m a **** person. I correctly tagged the item size 10, she’s like it’s my fault like please if it didn’t fit you, it ain’t my fault.
Exactly, I issued her a refund and now she won’t reply. I didn’t want her feeling I’m a **** person. I correctly tagged the item size 10, she’s like it’s my fault like please if it didn’t fit you, it ain’t my fault.

Excuse you? You gotta think of it as the customer! They want a refund, it doesn't matter the reason. Issue the refund as long as there is proof of purchase.
Original post by Bang Outta Order
Excuse you? You gotta think of it as the customer! They want a refund, it doesn't matter the reason. Issue the refund as long as there is proof of purchase.

Listen I did do it. She just disappeared. At least I’m not some **** seller that doesn’t refund and get their item back. I did my part, so don’t tell me what to do!!
(edited 4 years ago)
"You mislisted this"

"No, I didn't"
Original post by StriderHort
"You mislisted this"

"No, I didn't"

🤔 I really didn’t at all - it is a size 10 I have proof
Lol...she got the money and the trousers...

I guess next time specify as a one off that you won't do returns, "sales are final". You can do that, you know. Rather than going through the worry and fury that you have been conned or that you made a mistake. And then customers will buy knowing that it's a done deal. Being straight up with customers is a better relationship than appeasing con artists. Now you lost money and merchandise.

Latest

Trending

Trending