So lucky, you only start today:gah:
Good luck at year 11 and finishing the to-do list :biggrin:
Original post by CoolAmz02
tag me pls :smile: and good luck !!

I will and thanks☺️
Original post by Obolinda
So lucky, you only start today:gah:
Good luck at year 11 and finishing the to-do list :biggrin:

Thanks!! Yeah, I think my school has the longest summer ever. It’s like 12 weeks long 😁
10092019 - the one in which she has her first day

Post Length - High
Good evening!

So I couldn't post yesterday because the wi-fi was wacked see what I did there with the alliteration

Anywho, I had my first two days of school and they've been pretty good, but I've only had 1 lesson in the last two days

Monday

I woke up so early today (5am like what?!?) despite going to bed at midnight... But we'll see how long that lasts
So today was the first day obviously and it was alright. I got to school super early idek why, cos it was empty. Anyway, thankfully last night I finished my head girl speech and presented it at the welcome assembly. I think it went pretty well :yep:.

We had the typical generic first day of assembly, motivational talks and all that . The year 7's looked so scared I kinda felt bad for them. But there are sooooo many of them.

We had no classes today and were in form for most of the day. This year I have three form tutors . I guess my class was pretty bad last year . We spent form reading all the rules. Then we spent like 15 minutes complaining read arguing with our form tutors about the rules.

Some of these rules included:

We have to buy our textbooks I don't know about other schools but since year 7 we've always just borrowed ours, but it is my last year that I have to start paying for them.

You can't celebrate your birthday :no:

Gum = suspension (tbc)

I didn't get my timetable, but I found out that I have a new French and History teacher . They are the best History and French teachers in the school so that's awesome. It also appears however that my history spec has been changed from Nazi and Weimar Germany (the topic I was most excited about) to the Cold War.

My further maths teacher didn't seem to be bothered about the fact that I had done any of his homework or the lack thereof so that was good I guess.

But yeah, I spent most of my day talking to my friends, we changed forms so that will be interesting. Met the new kid who is quite nice.

Today was okay, but surprisingly really tiring.

After-School

No lessons meant no homework, but that didn't mean I was free . I had to finish my history essay, which I finally got done. I also did some french vocabulary practice on Quizlet while listening to some french music. And read Act 2 Scene 3 and Act 2 Scene 4 of Macbeth.

QOTD: when you get back to school does it feel like you ever left?

Tuesday

Today the rest of the school (Yr 8,9&10) came back it was so loud. There was another assembly this morning but we got to leave early because we had ours yesterday. But the hall was so packed. I don't know what they plan to do next year when another 100 year sevens come in.

Anywho, I finally got my timetable but the classes were all mixed up because they are expanding school but issokay.

This is my timetable for week A... I'll find out Week B at a later point in time apparently (yes I'm aware of the madness that is my school ). This timetable is only for this term though because they are supposedly changing it again next term:

Spoiler

We had form again for like 5 hours, where we were just talking... again. We had an hour-long assembly where we saw all the compulsory extracurricular activities (On Tuesday we have an extra hour of school for "enrichment activities"). Then went back to form to fill in a school-wide document on what we wanted to do.

Spoiler

I joined some debating club (I have forgotten what it's called) if you care to know, so we'll see how that goes.

Then I finally had a class which was physics

PHYSICS

We spent the class talking about the previous year 11s' performance and how we have to work hard to do well like them and all that :blah:. Then we did some stuff on radioactivity.

Finally it was the end of school and I left at 4, absolutely knackered.

After-School

At some point during the day I found out that we were still doing Germany but that we had a test on it tomorrow. So I decided to do a bit of reading on it. I also finished Act 2 of Macbeth and did a bit of chemistry and physics.

QOTD: Do you feel like some teachers lowkey like to see you get a question wrong?

TL; DR - I had two days of school with a total of one lesson. School was chaos as per usual.

Hope everyone else is having an awesome time at school

Tagzzz

Spoiler

(edited 4 years ago)
You should really sleep longer :hugs:
No, you shouldn't have to buy your textbooks, especially if you only need them for one year. It's a waste of money.
aotd1: it never feels like i've left if i go back to school :tongue:
aotd2: yeah, some teachers are weird like that :dontknow:
Good luck for your test today! :rave:
tag me
Original post by nyxnko_
You should really sleep longer :hugs:
No, you shouldn't have to buy your textbooks, especially if you only need them for one year. It's a waste of money.
aotd1: it never feels like i've left if i go back to school :tongue:
aotd2: yeah, some teachers are weird like that :dontknow:
Good luck for your test today! :rave:

Thanks! :heart:
That is what everyone at school says. It's so silly especially because some of us ended up buying it second hand somewhere else.

The test was postponed, my classmate distracted the teacher and got her explaining something... and then she forgot. More time for me to prepare
Original post by Valeriex
tag me

okay:smile:
Those rules don't sound fair at all! You should be able to borrow textbooks!

QOTD1: At first it feels like it's been forever and I feel like I've forgotten everything. But then after a few days, the summer feels like a dream that never happened.

QOTD2: OMG yes! There was this teacher in my old school who was such a bad teacher. He never really taught the class and just sat at the front eating. But on the rare occasion that he "taught" (read acknowledged the class), he asked us questions. For some reason (actually the reason is because we told the head of year how bad he is) whenever there was a difficult question, usually to some off-topic thing that he just mentioned, he always asked me or my friend who was sitting next to me. Incidentally we never listened to a word he said so quite often didn't know the answer to the question. He knew this. When we didn't know he always made a big deal out of it. I'm so glad that I never have to be in his class again. Anyway sorry for the rant. Yes I think some teachers lowkey like to see you get a question wrong.
Original post by JustAWxnderer
Those rules don't sound fair at all! You should be able to borrow textbooks!

QOTD1: At first it feels like it's been forever and I feel like I've forgotten everything. But then after a few days, the summer feels like a dream that never happened.

QOTD2: OMG yes! There was this teacher in my old school who was such a bad teacher. He never really taught the class and just sat at the front eating. But on the rare occasion that he "taught" (read acknowledged the class), he asked us questions. For some reason (actually the reason is because we told the head of year how bad he is) whenever there was a difficult question, usually to some off-topic thing that he just mentioned, he always asked me or my friend who was sitting next to me. Incidentally we never listened to a word he said so quite often didn't know the answer to the question. He knew this. When we didn't know he always made a big deal out of it. I'm so glad that I never have to be in his class again. Anyway sorry for the rant. Yes I think some teachers lowkey like to see you get a question wrong.

At least your out of his class (I think all teachers know when you've talked about them because my old French teacher hated me for half of year 10)
Yesterday my teacher fully said "It's nice to see you get a question wrong".
Original post by _Mia101
Thanks! :heart:
That is what everyone at school says. It's so silly especially because some of us ended up buying it second hand somewhere else.

The test was postponed, my classmate distracted the teacher and got her explaining something... and then she forgot. More time for me to prepare

:lovehug:
Well, if you do end up getting them, I hope you can sell them second hand later :redface:
That's the best way to get a teacher to postpone a test :rofl:
You aren't allowed to celebrate your birthday?:eek:
Original post by Obolinda
You aren't allowed to celebrate your birthday?:eek:

Yep :sadnod:. Last year people went a bit ott on the pizza and stuff and the school has decided to cancel it. I doubt it'll last long though, by January people will probably start breaking it.
Original post by _Mia101
10092019 - the one in which she has her first day

Post Length - High
Good evening!

So I couldn't post yesterday because the wi-fi was wacked see what I did there with the alliteration

Anywho, I had my first two days of school and they've been pretty good, but I've only had 1 lesson in the last two days

Monday

I woke up so early today (5am like what?!?) despite going to bed at midnight... But we'll see how long that lasts
So today was the first day obviously and it was alright. I got to school super early idek why, cos it was empty. Anyway, thankfully last night I finished my head girl speech and presented it at the welcome assembly. I think it went pretty well :yep:.

We had the typical generic first day of assembly, motivational talks and all that . The year 7's looked so scared I kinda felt bad for them. But there are sooooo many of them.

We had no classes today and were in form for most of the day. This year I have three form tutors . I guess my class was pretty bad last year . We spent form reading all the rules. Then we spent like 15 minutes complaining read arguing with our form tutors about the rules.

Some of these rules included:

We have to buy our textbooks I don't know about other schools but since year 7 we've always just borrowed ours, but it is my last year that I have to start paying for them.

You can't celebrate your birthday :no:

Gum = suspension (tbc)

I didn't get my timetable, but I found out that I have a new French and History teacher . They are the best History and French teachers in the school so that's awesome. It also appears however that my history spec has been changed from Nazi and Weimar Germany (the topic I was most excited about) to the Cold War.

My further maths teacher didn't seem to be bothered about the fact that I had done any of his homework or the lack thereof so that was good I guess.

But yeah, I spent most of my day talking to my friends, we changed forms so that will be interesting. Met the new kid who is quite nice.

Today was okay, but surprisingly really tiring.

After-School

No lessons meant no homework, but that didn't mean I was free . I had to finish my history essay, which I finally got done. I also did some french vocabulary practice on Quizlet while listening to some french music. And read Act 2 Scene 3 and Act 2 Scene 4 of Macbeth.

QOTD: when you get back to school does it feel like you ever left?

Tuesday

Today the rest of the school (Yr 8,9&10) came back it was so loud. There was another assembly this morning but we got to leave early because we had ours yesterday. But the hall was so packed. I don't know what they plan to do next year when another 100 year sevens come in.

Anywho, I finally got my timetable but the classes were all mixed up because they are expanding school but issokay.

This is my timetable for week A... I'll find out Week B at a later point in time apparently (yes I'm aware of the madness that is my school ). This timetable is only for this term though because they are supposedly changing it again next term:

Spoiler

We had form again for like 5 hours, where we were just talking... again. We had an hour-long assembly where we saw all the compulsory extracurricular activities (On Tuesday we have an extra hour of school for "enrichment activities"). Then went back to form to fill in a school-wide document on what we wanted to do.

Spoiler

I joined some debating club (I have forgotten what it's called) if you care to know, so we'll see how that goes.

Then I finally had a class which was physics

PHYSICS

We spent the class talking about the previous year 11s' performance and how we have to work hard to do well like them and all that :blah:. Then we did some stuff on radioactivity.

Finally it was the end of school and I left at 4, absolutely knackered.

After-School

At some point during the day I found out that we were still doing Germany but that we had a test on it tomorrow. So I decided to do a bit of reading on it. I also finished Act 2 of Macbeth and did a bit of chemistry and physics.

QOTD: Do you feel like some teachers lowkey like to see you get a question wrong?

TL; DR - I had two days of school with a total of one lesson. School was chaos as per usual.

Hope everyone else is having an awesome time at school

Tagzzz

Spoiler

Hi mia, Can you tag me?

I'm in year 11 too, so will be interesting to see how our years compare ahaha. By the sounds of things your school just got a whole lot stricter... No BiRtHDaYS!!

Anyway, I'll leave my GYG here also just for anyone whose interested:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6135532

*ahem* Shame-less self plug
Original post by Matthew2422
Hi mia, Can you tag me?

I'm in year 11 too, so will be interesting to see how our years compare ahaha. By the sounds of things your school just got a whole lot stricter... No BiRtHDaYS!!

Anyway, I'll leave my GYG here also just for anyone whose interested:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6135532

*ahem* Shame-less self plug

Hii! :hello: Yeah I will.

My school gets stricter every year. They introduced a no phone rules a couple years back but that was the biggest flop :lol:
14092019 - the one in which she completes her first week

Post length - Medium

The second half of this weeks was alright, but I had so much homework to do and I still haven't finished all the application stuff for sixth form. I might be going to see some of them later on, I'm pretty sure there are some open days soon. Anywho, I've really got to get to work because most of them have some sort of exam and they expect you to know most of the gcse syllabus but my school is sooo behind so I've got work to do :dumbells:

Wednesday

So today was school as usual, but of course something had to go wrong :sadnod:. For the most part classes were alright. I started my day with a chemistry test which went okay (although I made so many daft mistakes).
In history, my test was postponed because my friend distracted the teacher :woo:.
Today I had English Literature twice (this year's timetable is a bit odd). In the first class we had no teacher so we messed about and in the second class we learnt about the historical context of Macbeth.
In French, we learnt about paper 3: speaking and what we have to do to do well in it and all that :blah:. Then I got some homework :sadnod:.
Today, I got home at 5 :angry:. Why you may ask? Well some people decided it'd be a good idea to lock the zippers of my bags in their locker. I had to wait till 4:45 to get the keys to the lockers (yes there was more than one) :rant:. I didn't do much revising today, because I got home so late but I did my homework and some French verb practice.

Thursday

I got to school pretty early today, I'm so proud of my self :yep: just waiting for the time when I start getting to school at 8. I had ICT first and we were told that we've got so much to do and so little time and we need to get lots of homework to catch up :lol:. I swear most teachers in my school seems to forget that we do other subjects. Thank goodness for homework timetables :yes:

Spoiler

I got a ton of homework though, including a physics project to build a model demonstrating the penetrating powers of different types of radiation :confused:.
I was also told that year 10 further maths was essentially pointless and we were starting all over again :facepalm:.
In French we marked the homework, turned out that I was the only one who did it :sigh: and then got some more homework.
When I got home, I did my further maths homework which took almost 2 hours

Friday

Today, was pretty chill. I had pretty much the same classes as yesterday so it was essentially a continuation. We had a timed writing essay in RS which I finished :woo: and in PE we had a baseline test that lasted two hours :confused:. Keep in mind during the year PE is essentially Games and we just play football or hockey or cricket or something.
I was also put back in the swimming squad, football team and basketball team (last year I dropped all sports because I was so busy). So we'll see how that goes :dontknow:
After school, I decided that I didn't want to fail French so I studied an entire chapter of the textbook (School) and then did my homework. I also looked at the French examiner's report and realised they are actually quite chill with how many mistakes you make. Also today I got a desk extension, so I spent the rest of the evening reorganising my room.

TL; DR - The last three days consisted of me getting a load of French homework and a project that'll probably turn out very bad. And also getting my bags stuck in some lockers.

How are you guys doing?

Tagzzz

Spoiler

Question of The Post (QOTP) - Do you listen to music when you're studying?

P.S. If anyone has any ideas on how to build a model showing the penetrating and ionising powers of alpha, beta and gamma radiation please tell me :please:

I feel like I come across as so formal in these posts, is it just me???
(edited 4 years ago)
Tips on English Language creative writing please?
How do I grow my vocabulary quickly apart from reading books because I dont have time for that now!?
Tips for English Literature?

AQA
Original post by _Mia101
At least your out of his class (I think all teachers know when you've talked about them because my old French teacher hated me for half of year 10)
Yesterday my teacher fully said "It's nice to see you get a question wrong".

I know this is a bit late, but my French teacher usually says the bottom part of your post. Either that or he punches the air and says 'Finally!'. Some teachers are just :dunce:
Original post by _Mia101
14092019 - the one in which she completes her first week

Post length - Medium

The second half of this weeks was alright, but I had so much homework to do and I still haven't finished all the application stuff for sixth form. I might be going to see some of them later on, I'm pretty sure there are some open days soon. Anywho, I've really got to get to work because most of them have some sort of exam and they expect you to know most of the gcse syllabus but my school is sooo behind so I've got work to do :dumbells:

Wednesday

So today was school as usual, but of course something had to go wrong :sadnod:. For the most part classes were alright. I started my day with a chemistry test which went okay (although I made so many daft mistakes).
In history, my test was postponed because my friend distracted the teacher :woo:.
Today I had English Literature twice (this year's timetable is a bit odd). In the first class we had no teacher so we messed about and in the second class we learnt about the historical context of Macbeth.
In French, we learnt about paper 3: speaking and what we have to do to do well in it and all that :blah:. Then I got some homework :sadnod:.
Today, I got home at 5 :angry:. Why you may ask? Well some people decided it'd be a good idea to lock the zippers of my bags in their locker. I had to wait till 4:45 to get the keys to the lockers (yes there was more than one) :rant:. I didn't do much revising today, because I got home so late but I did my homework and some French verb practice.

Thursday

I got to school pretty early today, I'm so proud of my self :yep: just waiting for the time when I start getting to school at 8. I had ICT first and we were told that we've got so much to do and so little time and we need to get lots of homework to catch up :lol:. I swear most teachers in my school seems to forget that we do other subjects. Thank goodness for homework timetables :yes:

Spoiler

I got a ton of homework though, including a physics project to build a model demonstrating the penetrating powers of different types of radiation :confused:.
I was also told that year 10 further maths was essentially pointless and we were starting all over again :facepalm:.
In French we marked the homework, turned out that I was the only one who did it :sigh: and then got some more homework.
When I got home, I did my further maths homework which took almost 2 hours

Friday

Today, was pretty chill. I had pretty much the same classes as yesterday so it was essentially a continuation. We had a timed writing essay in RS which I finished :woo: and in PE we had a baseline test that lasted two hours :confused:. Keep in mind during the year PE is essentially Games and we just play football or hockey or cricket or something.
I was also put back in the swimming squad, football team and basketball team (last year I dropped all sports because I was so busy). So we'll see how that goes :dontknow:
After school, I decided that I didn't want to fail French so I studied an entire chapter of the textbook (School) and then did my homework. I also looked at the French examiner's report and realised they are actually quite chill with how many mistakes you make. Also today I got a desk extension, so I spent the rest of the evening reorganising my room.

TL; DR - The last three days consisted of me getting a load of French homework and a project that'll probably turn out very bad. And also getting my bags stuck in some lockers.

How are you guys doing?

Tagzzz

Spoiler

Question of The Post (QOTP) - Do you listen to music when you're studying?

P.S. If anyone has any ideas on how to build a model showing the penetrating and ionising powers of alpha, beta and gamma radiation please tell me :please:

I feel like I come across as so formal in these posts, is it just me???

I listen to music when I study! Mainly French because it's catchy and the lyrics are educational or whatever. :s-smilie: When I'm really concentrating then no.

I've got a bunch of English Literature homework which is just great really. :colonhash: Ummmm surprise 4 French exams, rude Maths teacher and crazy form tutor pretty much summarises my week.

Good luck!
I don't listen to music while revising :no:
Reply 79
I can't listen to music when doing exam questions (too distracting) but if I'm making a mindmap I like it..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending