The Student Room Group

Operation Yellowhammer documents RELEASED and the details are shocking!

Scroll to see replies

I love how cocky leave supporter are 🤣 let's see if they keep it up when they are eating the family dog for Christmas dinner 🤣😜🙈
Reply 61
Original post by jay111a
I love how cocky leave supporter are 🤣 let's see if they keep it up when they are eating the family dog for Christmas dinner 🤣😜🙈

http://www.suffolkturkeys.co.uk/
Original post by Burton Bridge
there a faction

Hilarious.

rich people will buy them all out as decreased supply will push up demand and therefore prices, probs get a decent Turkey for £100 maybe,

**** I hope I'm wrong
Reply 64
Original post by jay111a
rich people will buy them all out as decreased supply will push up demand and therefore prices, probs get a decent Turkey for £100 maybe,

**** I hope I'm wrong

Decreased supply of what from where?

I hear lamb is due to be cheap cheap cheap.
Reply 65
Original post by Quady
I hear lamb is due to be cheap cheap cheap.

a baaagain
Original post by Profesh
Hilarious.

What's hilarious is is the lack of abilty for civil conversation.
Original post by Agrith
twitter.com/carolecadwalla/status/1171838817470431234

https://bylinetimes.com/2019/09/11/brexit-disaster-capitalism-8-billion-bet-on-no-deal-crash-out-by-boris-johnsons-leave-backers/

BJ and his cronies want a no deal BREXIT at all costs because it will result in billions of profits for themselves,

I can't find Cadwalladr's tweet, but she seems to have deluded herself into believing that the Brexit Party are mysogynist (not sure about spelling) and that Leave.EU winning their case was actually a loss, so I'm not inclined to believe any of the rubbish she spews.

The Byline Times article I could find and have put an analysis of it in the below spoiler - you don't have to read it.

[spoiler="nuttery" Tinfoil="Tinfoil" hat="hat"]
the Byline Times article
Boris Johnson’s leadership campaign backers in the City stand to make billions of pounds from his ‘do or die’ pledge to take Britain out the of the EU by the end of October, Byline Times can reveal.
A bit ”chemtrails in the water” way to start an article. Don't worry, it gets worse!
On the day Johnson was announced as Prime Minister by his party on 23 July, it was reported that “more than half of the donations received by Boris Johnson originated from donors with ties to the City”.
Because as we all know, banks would never donate to any Remain campaign (cf. JP Morgan, Goldman Sachs).
However, these limits only apply to the short campaign, which began on 7 July and excluded the period in May when Johnson announced his long-anticipated leadership bid. £318,000 of the donations were submitted late, after the leadership election result had been announced.
Donating to a leadership campaign that has nothing to do with the Party's finances is not the best way to fund the Party. Take note, evil 55 Tufton St elites!
Many of these late donations were from hedge funds and people that Johnson worked with on the Vote Leave campaign during the EU Referendum, which was run by his current Chief of Staff in No.10, Dominic Cummings.

Crispin Odey, Paul Marshall, Peter Cruddas, Jon Moynihan, Jon Wood, Robin Birley, David Lilley, Philip Harris, JCB and The Bristol Port Company all donated [to Boris's leadership campaign]
All this reveals is that:
People who backed Leave in the referendum are going to be Brexiteers and back a Brexiteer for leadership
The Byline Times has no clue how politics works, or is being deliberately disingenuous.
At the start of this year, a number of hedge funds including that of Crispin Odey who made £220 million on the night of the referendum result announced that, in their view, Brexit wasn’t going to happen and that they were going to take bets out on sterling going up.

Between January to May 2019, less than 10 short positions were being taken out by hedge funds per week. However, that all changed dramatically when Boris Johnson announced that he was running for the Conservative Party leadership on May 16. The number of short positions thereafter doubled, tripled and quadrupled and, by the time of his victory was announced, had risen to around 100 per week
1: [citation needed]
2: What does ”10 short positions were taken our by hedge funds” actually mean? Does it mean pro-Brexit hedge funds, British hedge funds or all hedge funds across the Continent/world?
From the financial data publicly available, Byline Times can reveal that currently £4,563,350,000 (£4.6 billion) of aggregate short positions on a ‘no deal’ Brexit have been taken out by hedge funds that directly or indirectly bankrolled Boris Johnson’s leadership campaign.

Most of these firms also donated to Vote Leave and took out short positions on the EU Referendum result. The ones which didn’t typically didn’t exist at that time but are invariably connected via directorships to companies that did.

Another £3,711,000,000 (£3.7 billion) of these short positions have been taken out by firms that donated to the Vote Leave campaign, but did not donate directly to the Johnson leadership campaign.

Currently, £8,274,350,000 (£8.3 billion) of aggregate short positions has been taken out by hedge funds connected to the Prime Minister and his Vote Leave campaign, run by his advisor Dominic Cummings, on a ‘no deal’ Brexit.
Here's today's tea:
CITE👏YOUR👏BLOODY👏SOURCES!
Does this £8 billion bet explain why the Prime Minister has said that he would rather “die in a ditch” before asking the EU for an extension?
Have you ever heard of a metaphor?
Is it the reason why Johnson is willing to defy the Benn Act that stops a ‘no deal’ Brexit?
Please show me a non-Remainy source that shows that Boris will go against the Benn bill.
But what could be a bigger conflict of interest than those bankrolling the Prime Minister also having a vast financial interest in a catastrophe for Britain? (emphasis mine)
Your Remania is showing.
Original post by jay111a

If Brexit proceeds as the current government are proposing, there almost certainly will be major shortages around the Christmas period, especially of fresh food. No wonder Boris wants to govern without Parliament.
Original post by Fullofsurprises
If Brexit proceeds as the current government are proposing, there almost certainly will be major shortages around the Christmas period, especially of fresh food. No wonder Boris wants to govern without Parliament.

That’s overly negative. The disruption to fresh food would primarily be done within a month because it’s caused by firms not applying for correct paperwork, most of which is estimated would be given upon application within 72 hours.

Disruption as a broad term is expected to last 3-6 months but the severe gaps on shelves stuff is weeks.

Though I would point out that if you shopped at M&S or Lidl you’d not have these issues to a great degree.
Reply 70

Christmas has been hijacked by rwtailers flogging christnas-everything, lets get back to basics xmas, gimme turkey roast spuds & the trimmings, the rest is landfilll
Original post by Rakas21
That’s overly negative. The disruption to fresh food would primarily be done within a month because it’s caused by firms not applying for correct paperwork, most of which is estimated would be given upon application within 72 hours.

Disruption as a broad term is expected to last 3-6 months but the severe gaps on shelves stuff is weeks.

Though I would point out that if you shopped at M&S or Lidl you’d not have these issues to a great degree.

Why not Lidl? M and S fly a lot of their fresh produce in during the winter from Africa, but Lidl and Aldi both source a lot of their stuff in E. Europe and both operate extremely tight just in time processes, as depicted in a recent discussion on R4 about food supplies post-Brexit.
Why not Lidl? M and S fly a lot of their fresh produce in during the winter from Africa, but Lidl and Aldi both source a lot of their stuff in E. Europe and both operate extremely tight just in time processes, as depicted in a recent discussion on R4 about food supplies post-Brexit.

In terms of fresh food i had a look round my M&S to evaluate how i might be affected and a substantial amount of fresh actually comes from UK suppliers. Food from Africa should be relatively unaffected since it is under current trade terms (minus the lower tariffs).

Both Lidl and Aldi have actually made big efforts to be more British in recent years.

Really though there's no danger of a lack of food, just certain foods.

Let me personally assure you that precautions are taking place at major retailers like MS.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending