The Student Room Group

I failed pharmacy course

I failed my 3Rd pharmacy. Even though I took resit and I still don't pass.

I actually don't know what to do. what action I could take. when I checked my progression, it stated I could get honor degree. what can I do with it? it won't help me starts 4the year. Also the status stated I dismissed from my uni.

I just can't see any hopes. I loaned a lots money for it because I love this course and I have passionate become a pharmacist.

Now, everything is blackout. I can't find my career path. I don't know what to do afterwords? I did my pharmacy placement every summer. The more I worked, the more stress and pressure I could feel. But I always thought I could handle various situations. Now, my results just smashed all my confidence. I can't even tell my family. They were so proud that I could study medicinal course. They would be even depressed and disappointed.

I actually let them down.
can u retake the year?
Reply 2
Original post by Sharemine
can u retake the year?

I don't think I can. because on the program title, it states award dismissed. I also confirmed with my year leaders. they told me same thing. Under GPhc regulations, I have removed from Mpharm program. that is what my personal tutor told me
Reply 3
So you have a BSc in Pharmaceutical Science then?
appeal for a retake of the year. do you have any mitigating circumstances e.g mental health, any sickness?
also did you fail a particular unit / exam?
If you have done the 3rd year, then would you at least have something like a Pharmaceutical Science Bsc? If so, and I know you won't want to hear it, but you can still become a Pharmacy technician? You still will be able to really make a difference for patients in this role.
Original post by ppluts
I don't think I can. because on the program title, it states award dismissed. I also confirmed with my year leaders. they told me same thing. Under GPhc regulations, I have removed from Mpharm program. that is what my personal tutor told me

out of curiosity, did they give a reason why you were removed / has their been any extenuating circumstances? ave you tried appealing it as well?
Original post by randomsheep11
If you have done the 3rd year, then would you at least have something like a Pharmaceutical Science Bsc? If so, and I know you won't want to hear it, but you can still become a Pharmacy technician? You still will be able to really make a difference for patients in this role.

That would be the case if you passed 3rd year but failed 4th year - failing 3rd year only leaves you with a diploma of higher education, I think...
Reply 8
Original post by 0895
So you have a BSc in Pharmaceutical Science then?

yes. but that is no what I wanna get
Reply 9
Original post by quasa
out of curiosity, did they give a reason why you were removed / has their been any extenuating circumstances? ave you tried appealing it as well?

I failed 3 credit bearing modules. I resit those 3 but I only passed 2 out of 3. Because for my uni yr 1-3, you can have 3 chances to resit coursework/ unseen exams. I used all chance and still didn't passed. so can't carry on study. I tried to contact my personal tutor the head of pharmacy and year leader. they no even fully answered my questions. I phoned them but no one picked phone
Does anyone know what are the differences between Pharmacology, pharmaceutical science and drug discovery??? I am so confused.
Hi I've just seen your post and would really love to ask for updates on your situation, I also failed my final year and was awarded a pharmaceutical studies degree but that's not what I want to do I still want to do pharmacy, have you managed to apply to a different university?

Latest

Trending

Trending