The Student Room Group

Boris Johnson is the greatest prime minister of all times!!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MagnumKoishi

Boris has been a great prime minister and he's doing loads of good for the country, such as those extra 20000 police officers that he seems to be following through on.

You are confusing a man who says what he is going to do and one who actually delivers on it. Boris talks a very good talk. In government he has failed in everything he has said he would do.

Even police chiefs have said that recruiting 200,000 officers in the time frame is challenging and of course he has to get the funding for it through parliament with no majority.

His hot air promises are electioneering and you seem to have fallen for it.
Original post by ByEeek
You are confusing a man who says what he is going to do and one who actually delivers on it. Boris talks a very good talk. In government he has failed in everything he has said he would do.

Even police chiefs have said that recruiting 200,000 officers in the time frame is challenging and of course he has to get the funding for it through parliament with no majority.

His hot air promises are electioneering and you seem to have fallen for it.

Hmm that's true, although I'd still take him over the "liberal" democrats (see: authoritarian) and the indecisive Labour either way
Hmm that's true, although I'd still take him over the "liberal" democrats (see: authoritarian) and the indecisive Labour either way

I would take an indecisive party any day. When people have strong belief it opens them to making stupid mistakes. If Cameron was just a tiny indecisive maybe we won't be in this mess after all. This is the worst thing about people in the conservative party, they believe that everything they do is right. Conservatives are nothing but a bunch of junkies destroying this nation, I mean Cameron did dope and Gove admitted to taking cocaine. Hell, I refuse to believe that Boris isn't on something. If they were working class they would have been in a jail a long time ago. They don't belong in government, they belong in an rehab clinic. Also, let's get this straight, you won't vote for liberals because they are authoritarian? What would you call Boris? Stop being an hypocrite.
leftists will still hate him to death lmaoo stupid young people

BOJO forever!!!!!!!!
Original post by calm and cool
low iq detected

yea, that's the reason why I got into Cambridge. Look, I will admit that usually young people are leftist but not all young people are. Don't use a blanket phrase next time maybe? I am genuinely interested why do you like him so much? He is the biggest idiot this side of the Atlantic Ocean that I know of.
Original post by byakuya kuchki
yea, that's the reason why I got into Cambridge. Look, I will admit that usually young people are leftist but not all young people are. Don't use a blanket phrase next time maybe? I am genuinely interested why do you like him so much? He is the biggest idiot this side of the Atlantic Ocean that I know of.

Oh no I hope you're not telling the truth. I was hoping cambridge of all places would be somewhere that encouraged respecting other people's opinions during debates (and not typing in caps and using expletives)
Original post by HucktheForde
Boris Johnson rips up restrictions on foreign students with two-year post-study work visa

International students will be able to stay and work in the UK for two years after graduating a huge climbdown by the Government which had previously restricted the period to four months.

The rule change ends one of Theresa May’s most controversial immigration policies which critics argued would deter international students from applying to British institutions and would lead to the loss of bright students who could contribute to the UK after being educated here.

https://inews.co.uk/news/education/post-study-work-visa-international-students/

THANK U BORIS

:woo:

:woo::woo:

:woo::woo::woo::woo::woo:

I like that Boris Johnson is thinking of making it against the law to not have the measles vaccine, as someone who had measles for 4 weeks I applaud this. I’d like to see those antivaxers know their place!
This is why we shouldn't give the people (or the stupid ones at least) a vote...

I'm curious, what party do you actually support?

Also as someone coming to cambridge myself this october, if I miraculously find out who you are I'm not averse to informing your college's JCR of your views on not allowing people who disagree with you to vote.
This is why we shouldn't give the people (or the stupid ones at least) a vote... and yea you are right being wrong about politics isn't an embarrassment (tell that to Cameron when you find him, I am sure he will agree with you)

That’s why they were originally called plebiscites, giving the vote to the plebs or common people
Will make it harder for me to get a job as I have no social confidence and it means there will be even more better candidates than before :frown:

Lib dems authoritarian? Really? How so? It is Boris promising 20,000 extra police whilst suspending parliament.
Original post by ByEeek
Lib dems authoritarian? Really? How so? It is Boris promising 20,000 extra police whilst suspending parliament.

20,000 extra police that protect people from street crime.

The lib dems, with all their PC stuff are essentially-
-making a new version of the English language, replacing terms with longer and more convoluted ones to avoid offense (when in reality, barely anyone actually got offended by the originals).
-branding anyone who doesn't use these terms a variety of terms (most ending in -ist and -phobe), even if it was just a slip of the tongue. A bit pathetic when real X-ism and X-phobia is going on in the streets.

I'd much rather pay to have police actively protecting minority groups from real hate crime on the streets than a team of SJWs on the Internet taking down mildly (often accidentally) offensive posts
20,000 extra police that protect people from street crime.

The lib dems, with all their PC stuff are essentially-
-making a new version of the English language, replacing terms with longer and more convoluted ones to avoid offense (when in reality, barely anyone actually got offended by the originals).
-branding anyone who doesn't use these terms a variety of terms (most ending in -ist and -phobe), even if it was just a slip of the tongue. A bit pathetic when real X-ism and X-phobia is going on in the streets.

I'd much rather pay to have police actively protecting minority groups from real hate crime on the streets than a team of SJWs on the Internet taking down mildly (often accidentally) offensive posts

Its called just being nice and allowing all to go about their business without fear of assalt or villification.

I take it you have never been verbally attacked based on your colour, race, sexuality or look... for no reason and on an almost daily basis?
Original post by ByEeek
Its called just being nice and allowing all to go about their business without fear of assalt or villification.

I take it you have never been verbally attacked based on your colour, race, sexuality or look... for no reason and on an almost daily basis?

Of course it'd be lovely if the world would be like your first paragraph, and rigorously enforcing the use of PC vocabulary is not a step towards ensuring that.

A comedian (or anyone for that matter) losing their job over accidentally using a word which
a) they didn't know was so offensive
b) literally no one was actually offended by
Is pathetic. Its definitely more towards authoritarian than liberal, imo.

And I'm all for prosecuting people who "verbally attack" (or physically for that matter) based on whatever factors. I'm just saying that this is not the way to go about it.

I reiterate. The police are in a far better position to protect, reassure people, and create a society like the one described in your first paragraph than a team of hypersensitive teens deleting posts on public forums and having people lose their job over minor transgressions.
The police have a duty to uphold the law. But society is a sum of the people in that society. And the happiest societies in the world are those that are most equal and inclusive.

Those who complain about political correctness do so because political correctness challenges deep rooted prejudice which ironically makes those with that prejudice feel like they have been made the victim. And they try to fight back in order to maintain the validity of that prejudice.

At least that was how I felt until I took a long hard look at myself.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by ByEeek
The police have a duty to uphold the law. But society is a sum of the people in that society. And the happiest societies in the world are those that are most equal and inclusive.

Those who complain about political correctness do so because political correctness challenges deep rooted prejudice which ironically makes those with that prejudice feel like they have been made the victim. And they try to fight back in order to maintain the validity of that prejudice.

At least that was how I felt until I took a long hard look at myself.

I can see where this is coming from, and I can't say that it's not true for everyone, but I have to disagree (at least for me anyway).

I simply don't care what people are like; I don't have any grounds to hold prejudice against a group. It's not my place to care about what other people are doing with their lives so long as they're upholding reasonable justice.

I oppose the extremes of political correctness because I have seen innocent people being prosecuted for accidental slip ups, while no one is expressing offence at it.

I agree that everyone should make an effort to use language that's less likely to offend people (I don't disagree with the idea of PC, just it's extremes). But I don't agree that accidentally slipping up should be a punishable offence, especially when no one of the group the term refers to is actually offended by it.

Anyway back to the original discussion lol. The lib dems have gone just a bit too far in their accusing of some Labour members of anti semitism imo (where there's clearly no bad intention on the labour member's part), as well as a couple of other demonstrable cases of PC gone too far by them. It's just an indicator of what may come with them in power

PS: feel free to disagree and vote for the lib dems btw, I'm not trying to change your opinion. I just wish to defend and explain my own before any misunderstandings occur
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 36
Original post by Greywolftwo
I like that Boris Johnson is thinking of making it against the law to not have the measles vaccine, as someone who had measles for 4 weeks I applaud this. I’d like to see those antivaxers know their place!

Id be curious to see how that goes down with his cabinet considering most of them are crack pot libertarians.
Original post by Napp
Id be curious to see how that goes down with his cabinet considering most of them are crack pot libertarians.

I think they would go along with it considering this country just lost its ‘measles free’ status
Original post by calm and cool
leftists will still hate him to death lmaoo stupid young people

BOJO forever!!!!!!!!

Cameron is in full agreement. I'm not sure which are most deluded. Old Brexiteers who think we will be returning to Whitworth thread sizes or young ones who believe this load of *******
Honestly aside from his questionable actions surrounding brexit he's done well. (some people love that he's being strong, proactive and going against parliament since they're not listening to the people, and some people hate that he's undermining democracy and trying to force through a no deal- that's a different matter entirely)

Boris has been a great prime minister and he's doing loads of good for the country, such as those extra 20000 police officers that he seems to be following through on.

I think a lot of people see he's pro-brexit and immediately decide they hate him, and fail to see all the good that he's doing. I will certainly be voting for him in the inevitable election that will come soon enough

Pre-election gimmicks and still you fall for smoke, mirrors and more undeliverable promises.. unbelievable! He'll need those extra police officers when and if we do actually leave and Yellowhammer kicks in.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending