The Student Room Group

Leicester A100 2020 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by HHaricot
Hi.
I score 56.5, and was considering applying here, but i had a change of mind between last gcse and my a-levels, so there is a 3 year gap. I did get a level 3 arts btec 2018, so it shows I haven’t been doing a-levels for 3 years, but on their website it looks like i might be excluded from applying.
I have emailed admissions but not got an answer

Then call them up and ask. This is not something that anyone on here is likely to know the answer to, I'm afraid, as it is a very individual situation
Original post by GANFYD
Then call them up and ask. This is not something that anyone on here is likely to know the answer to, I'm afraid, as it is a very individual situation

Ty! Gonna do that Monday maybe. Or perhaps just apply elsewhere. Don’t want to risk a place.
Original post by joelini567
Here ya go
2560 Band 3 SJT - UKCAT
AAA - A level bio maths chem
7As 3A* 2B 1C - GCSE
C - FSMQ

Are interveiws looked at independantly????
I have AAA in bio chem and maths a level but trash GCSEs ( 1A* 4As 5Bs). ( I resat 3 GCSE and got 3 A* , 5 As and 2 B, but these resits are accepted by Leicester). UKCAT 630 band 2.
What score do i have??
What is the interview offer : medical place offer ratio

Thx
How many ppl get offers and interview?
Original post by Banshee123

I was going to apply but didn't in the end. They've let a few idiots in who I know so probably one of the easier ones to get into.

Not the most up to date, but the numbers show Leicester is one of the most competitive, twice as competitive as Cambridge and slightly higher than Oxford for example: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/university/courses/medicine/medical-school-competition-ratios

Post originally created by ecolier.
Reply 46
Are interveiws looked at independantly????
I have AAA in bio chem and maths a level but trash GCSEs ( 1A* 4As 5Bs). ( I resat 3 GCSE and got 3 A* , 5 As and 2 B, but these resits are accepted by Leicester). UKCAT 630 band 2.
What score do i have??
What is the interview offer : medical place offer ratio

Thx

All of this information is available on their website. Individual research and self motivated study is an important part of medicine and checking out websites now is a good way to start that.
(edited 4 years ago)
Has the score system changed Where is this from I thought it was still out of 64
Reply 48
Original post by Langsett
Has the score system changed Where is this from I thought it was still out of 64

It is for school leavers and graduates but different for Access applicants, I think
Original post by GANFYD
It is for school leavers and graduates but different for Access applicants, I think

Thankyou
Was at the open day today and didn’t think it had changed
But the other poster confused me
I fit criteria for automatic interciew at Leicester, what i would like to know is the interview : offer ratio
By the looks of the information you have given me, in 2015 it was 693 : 503 which are decent odds. However since this information is almost 5 years old, it doesn't really give a great representation.

Thx
Reply 51
I fit criteria for automatic interciew at Leicester, what i would like to know is the interview : offer ratio
By the looks of the information you have given me, in 2015 it was 693 : 503 which are decent odds. However since this information is almost 5 years old, it doesn't really give a great representation.

Thx

As I said, all this info is available on their website if you check it out
At the open day they said 2305 applied 1241 interviewed 852 offers 290 places
According to the stats you linked, Leicester has an application to offer ratio of 4.6, exactly the same as Cambridge and half that of Oxford.
Original post by nexttime
According to the stats you linked, Leicester has an application to offer ratio of 4.6, exactly the same as Cambridge and half that of Oxford.

I was referring to Applications : Places.

Post originally created by ecolier.
Precisely. You talked about "competition" and using that figure (of no use at all that i discern) would have been misleading.
Hi guys I got 2570 for my ucat but Im not sure if i calculated my points correctly (I think I get 25.5) please could someone help me thank you
Reply 57
Original post by 13thomasal
Hi guys I got 2570 for my ucat but Im not sure if i calculated my points correctly (I think I get 25.5) please could someone help me thank you

Yes, 25.5
Original post by GANFYD
Yes, 25.5

Thank you so much your helping me like every day :smile:
Reply 59
Original post by nexttime
Precisely. You talked about "competition" and using that figure (of no use at all that i discern) would have been misleading.

However, it is the only figure that is widely available and an applicant then needs to research to see how many are interviewed, how many they make offers to, etc etc which is information often not available. The applicants per place tells you how many applied, so gives you a figure to calculate the others off, if you can find the data somewhere.
What is most frustrating is that Leicester is one of the good guys and they do publish all this data, openly on their website going back several years, so it is easy for an applicant to look up.
For 2019 they had around 10.3 applicants per place, interview competition 5.5 per place, but if you look at applicants per offer it is 2.7 and interviews per offer it is around 1.5.
For 2018 it was 10.3 applicants per place, 4.9 inerviews per place, 3.3 applicants per offer and 1.6 applicants per offer.
For 2019 they interviewed an extra 150 and made an extra 150 offers.
Number of offers does tend to be the most fluctuant, as it goes up if they had a lot of people not firm them or miss their grades and goes down if they are over-subscribed

Quick Reply