The Student Room Group

Grow your Grades 2019/2020!

Scroll to see replies

always loved these blogs so now i have a reason to start one he
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6137454&p=85224196#post85224196
Reply 24
Here is mine!!!
has the 2018/19 winners been announced yet? I've been MIA in Thailand without wifi for 2 weeks so I'm quite out of the loop :smile:
i've started one for my first year at uni! i was terrible at updating last year but this year i'll hopefully remember:colondollar: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6142602

also hope i'll keep up to date with everyone else's blogs this year!
Original post by CinnamonSmol
has the 2018/19 winners been announced yet? I've been MIA in Thailand without wifi for 2 weeks so I'm quite out of the loop :smile:

No, they haven't been announced yet. I think they're still judging at the moment.

How was Thailand? Hope you had fun there! :gah:
Btw, are you starting a GYG this year?
It's a bit rough. I always forget to update it. Have a look
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6097502&page=3
Original post by nyxnko_
No, they haven't been announced yet. I think they're still judging at the moment.

How was Thailand? Hope you had fun there! :gah:
Btw, are you starting a GYG this year?

Thailand was absolutely delightful! It was so scenic and the people were so lovely:h: as for GYG I'm still unsure! I'm starting this week so I'll probably be a little late which is fine, I just need to think of a good name, preferably something different from my previous ones, how about you? :smile:
Original post by CinnamonSmol
Thailand was absolutely delightful! It was so scenic and the people were so lovely:h: as for GYG I'm still unsure! I'm starting this week so I'll probably be a little late which is fine, I just need to think of a good name, preferably something different from my previous ones, how about you? :smile:

It's lovely that you enjoyer Thailand :woo:
You're most definitely not going to be late :nah: It's still September :redface:
How about... Spicing It Up! CinnamonSmol goes to uni? :dontknow: I'm not very good at thinking up names :colondollar:
I've started one again this year :smile:
If anyone wants to check out mine, here it is!
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6051992
:bban::bban::bban:
Yo Evil Homer, I like you and Imma let you finish... but my PhD study blog is the best blog of ALL TIME :yep: :tongue: :teehee: Mainly because it features a lot of ABBA :love:

In all seriousness though: good luck to all you young uns taking part in this competition :biggrin:
Reply 35
I've started one...let's see how that goes...

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6158014
about to start mine. wish me luck!!! :u:
Original post by Evil Homer

Grow your Grades is back again to help you get the grades you want! Start your GyG blog to document your journey from the beginning of your learning all the way through your exams and up to results day. Grow your Grades is now so much more than a simple blogging competition...

Why should I enter?

Enter for the motivation to study hard and improve your grades. Stay for the community, support and friendships that Grow your Grades participants benefit from every year. Start a thread and keep it updated with study habits, revision plans, general school updates and how you're getting on day to day in every aspect of your life in order to propel your revision and Grow your Grades.

Who can enter?

The point of GYG is to improve your own results and to give and receive support when you really need it, whether you’re going form a D to a C or an 8 to a 9. This means that anyone at any level and any ability can enter! So get cracking whether you’re a GCSE, IB, A level or Uni student.

What are the rules?

In order to be in the running for a prize,just start a blog and update it fairly regularly. If you do long posts, one post per week or fortnight will be plenty. If you do short posts, you can do them daily or weekly to keep us updated with your progress. Once you’ve started your blog, post in this thread that you’ve started one so we know who you are. The competition will end just after GCSE results day 2020.If you’ve already made a blog documenting your progress (in the GCSE or A level forum for example) we can move it into the GYG forum for you.

What are the prizes?

First prize this year will be…. Drumroll please…

:woo:A brand new MacBook!:woo:

We will also have two runner up prizes (TBC)

This is what we like:

Photos! Of rooms, stationery, desks, kitchen tables, book, revision snacks - anything you like! Hearing about things that go wrong as well as things that go right. The dark nights as well as the glory days. How you learn, as well as what you learn. What goes right for you? What revision techniques do you struggle with? Your life in general - how do you balance this? Your feelings and emotions about the up times, the downtimes and the in-betweeny times.Timetables, study plans, revision schedules and diaries. Remember - it's about the journey - not the destination.

Just posted my first entry! Didn’t get the email until today :frown:
Original post by Evil Homer

Grow your Grades is back again to help you get the grades you want! Start your GyG blog to document your journey from the beginning of your learning all the way through your exams and up to results day. Grow your Grades is now so much more than a simple blogging competition...

Why should I enter?

Enter for the motivation to study hard and improve your grades. Stay for the community, support and friendships that Grow your Grades participants benefit from every year. Start a thread and keep it updated with study habits, revision plans, general school updates and how you're getting on day to day in every aspect of your life in order to propel your revision and Grow your Grades.

Who can enter?

The point of GYG is to improve your own results and to give and receive support when you really need it, whether you’re going form a D to a C or an 8 to a 9. This means that anyone at any level and any ability can enter! So get cracking whether you’re a GCSE, IB, A level or Uni student.

What are the rules?

In order to be in the running for a prize,just start a blog and update it fairly regularly. If you do long posts, one post per week or fortnight will be plenty. If you do short posts, you can do them daily or weekly to keep us updated with your progress. Once you’ve started your blog, post in this thread that you’ve started one so we know who you are. The competition will end just after GCSE results day 2020.If you’ve already made a blog documenting your progress (in the GCSE or A level forum for example) we can move it into the GYG forum for you.

What are the prizes?

First prize this year will be…. Drumroll please…

:woo:A brand new MacBook!:woo:

We will also have two runner up prizes (TBC)

This is what we like:

Photos! Of rooms, stationery, desks, kitchen tables, book, revision snacks - anything you like! Hearing about things that go wrong as well as things that go right. The dark nights as well as the glory days. How you learn, as well as what you learn. What goes right for you? What revision techniques do you struggle with? Your life in general - how do you balance this? Your feelings and emotions about the up times, the downtimes and the in-betweeny times.Timetables, study plans, revision schedules and diaries. Remember - it's about the journey - not the destination.

So excited to update mine!
good luck everyone! imma drop my gyg link here hehe

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending