The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by tjfavoured
Now got a provisional offer for Nottingham EO, surprised it came through so quick. Reserve list- 09/09, Provisional Offer -13/09

That’s brill congrats. Now you just need to wait for all the checks to go through. It seems that offers are coming out for Nottingham first.
Hi all! Hoping to get some advice! I've recieved a provisional offer for Nottingham, and have sent off my paperwork now.. But reading through all these threads (especially the belfast one!) is making me nervous - one thing especially! Someone said they had a provisional offer but this was revoked, as it was apparetly given by accident - as they hadn't provided evidence of qualifications... I swear I've never been asked to provide evidence of mine? Has anyone else?
Probably worrying for the sake of worrying but just want some reassurance, as I really want this job! Thanks :smile:
Original post by Motherofgreys
Hi all! Hoping to get some advice! I've recieved a provisional offer for Nottingham, and have sent off my paperwork now.. But reading through all these threads (especially the belfast one!) is making me nervous - one thing especially! Someone said they had a provisional offer but this was revoked, as it was apparetly given by accident - as they hadn't provided evidence of qualifications... I swear I've never been asked to provide evidence of mine? Has anyone else?
Probably worrying for the sake of worrying but just want some reassurance, as I really want this job! Thanks :smile:

Evidence of qualifications? Only way a provisional offer can be revoked is if a criminal record check comes back as unsatisfactory.
Original post by Enterprise717499
Evidence of qualifications? Only way a provisional offer can be revoked is if a criminal record check comes back as unsatisfactory.

oh fair enough! Trying to find the actual quote about the offer being revoked but I can't anymore, it might have been on a different thread (not compliance caseworker one)! Have you ever had to put in your qualifications though or bring them to an interview for this role?
Reply 84
oh fair enough! Trying to find the actual quote about the offer being revoked but I can't anymore, it might have been on a different thread (not compliance caseworker one)! Have you ever had to put in your qualifications though or bring them to an interview for this role?

I wasn’t asked to provide proof of qualifications and I certainly didn’t take any with me to the interview. I also can’t see anything on the job advert that mentions minimum qualifications required.

For another role that I applied for that did state a minimum qualification requirement in the advert. I was asked to take proof of my qualifications to the interview.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by InWaiting
I wasn’t asked to provide proof of qualifications and I certainly didn’t take any with me to the interview. I also can’t see anything on the job advert that mentions minimum qualifications required.

Me neither! Okay that has relaxed me a bit more thanks! Just now the wait for checks to be completed - hopefully won't be too long!

No. Only professional/technical roles require proof of qualifications, but even then, they don’t rely on your certificate for proof. They have an internal mechanism for checking the authenticity of the qualifications.
Original post by Enterprise717499
No. Only professional/technical roles require proof of qualifications, but even then, they don’t rely on your certificate for proof. They have an internal mechanism for checking the authenticity of the qualifications.

I probably just got my threads confused! thanks
I interviewed for the HO post in May (Nottingham) and was placed on the waiting list. Have received a provisional offer today.
Those that have received offers, which documents were you asked to complete to progress the security checks?
Hi got a provisional offer for Nottingham just wondering what checks they do as it says dbs employment health and fraud check? What’s the fraud check ?
Reply 90
Hi all. I’ve just received my provisional offer for Nottingham. I’m just trying to complete the online form for I think DBS checks but I keep getting driving license number invalid. I’ve put my license number many times in different ways but still getting the same error. Anyone getting or had the same problem? Can I just leave that bit out and say I don’t have a valid license just so I can submit the online form?
Original post by RLL92
Hi all. I’ve just received my provisional offer for Nottingham. I’m just trying to complete the online form for I think DBS checks but I keep getting driving license number invalid. I’ve put my license number many times in different ways but still getting the same error. Anyone getting or had the same problem? Can I just leave that bit out and say I don’t have a valid license just so I can submit the online form?

Hi! I'd give them a ring if you have any numbers, otherwise yeah just put that - but try to chase it up asap! Did your offer come through today?
Original post by RLL92

I encountered this issue when I was completing the from earlier this year, the data capture in that is a bit funny. I put my driving license number in but I took out the last number. It shouldn't affect much as I'm already in.
Reply 93
Motherofgreys and Kevinchan255 thanks for your reply. Have received a reply back from them just now telling me what I was doing wrong. They said there should be 16 characters but system wasn’t accepting it still. Portal have finally accepted it when I put in a 15 character license number. I don’t know if that’s alright, but at least that’s done and dusted now. Hopefully there should not be any problem 😁
Anymore offers for anyone? Seems they have all been for Nottingham so far.
Original post by bit164
Just received my ho results for Nottingham I got 5554 and 4444 guess it will be quite a wait!

Nottingham seems to be getting offers out quite quickly so I wouldn't be so sure! mine was for officer rather than higher so it might be different but fingers crossed for you!
Original post by bit164
Thanks! I really hope so. Which office have you applied to?

Also i have accepted a provisional offer for the eo grade, does anyone know if I have to withdraw from this to be given a provisional offer for the heo grade?

Also Nottingham! And not a clue sorry!
Reply 97
@bit164
I asked this very question at interview, I was advised that the HO and O Posts are treated as entirely separate entities, so you won't need to withdraw in order to receive an offer for HO from the Reserve List.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 98
Original post by bit164
Thank you, my worrying was all for nothing I just received a provisional offer for the heo role!

That's fantastic ! I hope that I won't be too far behind you.

My scores were almost the same, so fingers crossed.
(edited 4 years ago)
What salary did they offer for officer grade? Bottom of the pay band?

Latest

Trending

Trending