The Student Room Group

Access course

I've recently got back into education and I am really struggling with concentrating and staying focused on the topic. Its been 10years since I even looked at a text book and I'm sat here about to write my personal statement for university. Help or tips on how to get back into the routine of study time! (I'm doing an access to health applying for nursing) thank you
Original post by tiffanylaura2019
I've recently got back into education and I am really struggling with concentrating and staying focused on the topic. Its been 10years since I even looked at a text book and I'm sat here about to write my personal statement for university. Help or tips on how to get back into the routine of study time! (I'm doing an access to health applying for nursing) thank you

Hi @tiffanylaura2019

It is great to hear that you are applying for university. Here are a few study tips to help improve your results.

Study SMART Not Long: It much easier to implement a regular and successful study schedule if you are studying SMART.

S: Set yourself goals for study. For example, make up an exam/essay question and work towards answering it.

M: Remember VARK. Are you a Visual learner, Audio learner, Reading learner or Kinetic learner. Use study techniques that will promote the best learning for yourself.

A: If you are struggling with anything ask you teacher for help. Their job is to help you with your studies. Alternatively, use study guides or the internet to help breakdown tough subjects.

R: When you hit your goals, complete work and meet important deadlines reward yourself with treats. For example, make watching an episode of your favourite show your reward for completing tasks.

T: When you’ve finished studying take breaks. Go for a walk, hang with friends or get a cup of tea and watch TV. It’s important not to overdo revising.

Hope this helps.

Dom :h:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending