The Student Room Group

Medical courses availible

I am currently studying A-levelchemistry and biology and a btec psychology. I would like to study medicine however lots of people are saying that I would not get into medicine with them choices. Can anyone help me please ? Is there any medical schools who accept 1 btec or is there an alternative courses that I can study with these choices to get into graduate year of medicine?
Reply 1
Unfortunately, there are no medical schools who accept BTEC courses. Did you recently start year 12? If so, you should request to change your subject so you are doing all A-levels.

There is always the graduate entry option which is not recommended due to the fierce competition and financial implications. However, if you do choose this route then you would apply to an undergrad bioscience course (generally biomedical sciences).
Reply 2
Original post by NaeemC
Unfortunately, there are no medical schools who accept BTEC courses. Did you recently start year 12? If so, you should request to change your subject so you are doing all A-levels.

There is always the graduate entry option which is not recommended due to the fierce competition and financial implications. However, if you do choose this route then you would apply to an undergrad bioscience course (generally biomedical sciences).

Thank you . Is biomedical science the only course who accepts btec and 2 a-levels?
Reply 3
Original post by S.dsh12
Thank you . Is biomedical science the only course who accepts btec and 2 a-levels?

No, but biomedical sciences is the more popular choice for students wanting to enter medicine after. Of course, you can always choose any biosciences course.

So are you in year 12 or year 13?
Reply 4
Original post by NaeemC
No, but biomedical sciences is the more popular choice for students wanting to enter medicine after. Of course, you can always choose any biosciences course.

So are you in year 12 or year 13?

Year 12
Reply 5
Original post by S.dsh12
Year 12

As you've just started, there is still time for you to change the btec to an A level. The sooner this is done, the better.

Quick Reply

Latest