The Student Room Group

Spring Weeks- IB applications

Do you apply to spring weeks in your first year if your on a 4 year course, but that's with a placement year which you may not even get?

Also if i do apply to spring weeks why do they all say they require predicated university grades? I'm starting uni this month, but I don't think i'm applicable to apply to any spring weeks- any help regarding this would be much appreciated?
Original post by safa2
Do you apply to spring weeks in your first year if your on a 4 year course, but that's with a placement year which you may not even get?

Also if i do apply to spring weeks why do they all say they require predicated university grades? I'm starting uni this month, but I don't think i'm applicable to apply to any spring weeks- any help regarding this would be much appreciated?

So the idea behind a spring week is that it is meant to be used as a jump to an internship and then a graduate job.

Normally they mean 2 years from graduation (which just happens to be first year for most). So a 4 year course would mean you would do ideally do a spring in your second year.

If you are doing a placement year, then is it possible for you to switch courses mid-year? If so, it may be worth just putting a graduation date of July 2022 (assuming you begin this September) to make you eligible for SWs.
Reply 2
Original post by PriceMechanism
So the idea behind a spring week is that it is meant to be used as a jump to an internship and then a graduate job.

Normally they mean 2 years from graduation (which just happens to be first year for most). So a 4 year course would mean you would do ideally do a spring in your second year.

If you are doing a placement year, then is it possible for you to switch courses mid-year? If so, it may be worth just putting a graduation date of July 2022 (assuming you begin this September) to make you eligible for SWs.

Do you know anything about the predicated grades stuff? As i dont get how i can apply to Goldman Sachs without gpa- grades etc.
Original post by safa2
Do you know anything about the predicated grades stuff? As i dont get how i can apply to Goldman Sachs without gpa- grades etc.

Well... GS doesnt have any predicted grades just be on-track for a 2;1.

Some places ask for a minimum of ABB or even AAB, but if it doesnt specify then dont read into it too muchm
Reply 4
Well... GS doesnt have any predicted grades just be on-track for a 2;1.

Some places ask for a minimum of ABB or even AAB, but if it doesnt specify then dont read into it too muchm

Thank you, I put none for goldman sachs as i haven't been given a predicted grade by uni like the 2;1 thing.
thanks anyway!
Original post by safa2
Thank you, I put none for goldman sachs as i haven't been given a predicted grade by uni like the 2;1 thing.
thanks anyway!

Honestly, just write predicted first, I did that and got 3 SW offers (not at GS, but other Big 4 places)...
Honestly, just write predicted first, I did that and got 3 SW offers (not at GS, but other Big 4 places)...

Seriously? What do you study?

I have always wondered about predicted grades from uni.
Original post by MajorFader
Seriously? What do you study?

I have always wondered about predicted grades from uni.

Economics at a Russell uni.
The reality is that you don't have a predicted grade.

They don't do extensive background checks for SWs so it honestly, doesn't matter. If they really push it then you could show them a piece of formative work that you got 70+ in?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending