The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

Changing course to Psychology (please help ASAP!!)

Hi guys! I know it's super late but I have a problem. Basically, I couldn't get into QMUL for Psychology (undergrad, 2019 start) because they didn't have places, but I managed to get an offer for Linguistics. Do you guys think it's possible to transfer to Psychology during my 1st or 2nd year? What are my chances? I've also got an offer for Psychology at Uni of Reading, but I'd really prefer to attend QMUL. So do you think I should just attend Reading or take the risk and go to QMUL and try to transfer to Psychology there. Thank you for your help in advance!!
do you actually want to study linguistics? because if you don’t it’s a waste of time and money. what are your a level grades? do you meet the entry requirements? if you do you could take a year out and apply next year with your achieved grades. i don’t know if you’d be able to transfer, it’s possible but they are two very different courses.
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London
Reply 2
Original post by bubblecat
do you actually want to study linguistics? because if you don’t it’s a waste of time and money. what are your a level grades? do you meet the entry requirements? if you do you could take a year out and apply next year with your achieved grades. i don’t know if you’d be able to transfer, it’s possible but they are two very different courses.

I don't really want to study linguistics as much as i want to study psychology. I meet the entry requirements for psychology at qmul & i've also studied psych for a semester at a uni in my home country (idk if this fact would help my transfer)
Original post by shypenguin
I don't really want to study linguistics as much as i want to study psychology. I meet the entry requirements for psychology at qmul & i've also studied psych for a semester at a uni in my home country (idk if this fact would help my transfer)

are you an international student? if you are university fees will be majorly expensive and i definitely would not recommend doing linguistics in the hope of transferring. if i were you i’d take a year out and reapply to QMUL next year or accept the psych off from reading.
Reply 4
Original post by bubblecat
are you an international student? if you are university fees will be majorly expensive and i definitely would not recommend doing linguistics in the hope of transferring. if i were you i’d take a year out and reapply to QMUL next year or accept the psych off from reading.

yup i'm an international student :/ are you from the uk? how is reading generally regarded in britain? compared to qmul
Original post by shypenguin
yup i'm an international student :/ are you from the uk? how is reading generally regarded in britain? compared to qmul

i don’t really know much about the two but a quite look at the ranking on complete university guide says they’re right next to each other (with reading being higher). i don’t know how accurate that is and it also depends what you want - eg if you want to be in london or not.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending