The Student Room Group

I’m interested in studying Law abroad to save money?

Where offers the course in English for a reasonable cost. Is Germany possible

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Trust me you would when you hear that most European countries offer free university for E.U. students (If Brexit doesn’t happen) and get its degrees accepted in the UK.
And there is nothing wrong with the standard of German unis either it’s not exactly Rwanda.
Reply 2
So for law are you saying that I will have to study in the uk and if not where is the best country?
Lastly I’m a first year A level student who is barely 16 not a 17 year old.
Reply 3
It’s a shame as the UK is one of the most expensive places in Europe for uni prices and full of bottom feeding institutions with student accommodation being strategically overpriced.
Does also speaking welsh and being of Turkish descent change anything and I’m far from rich as well.
Reply 4
I was curious if unis in Wales offered welsh courses or if I could study in turkey or something.
Original post by TarikAtakan
I was curious if unis in Wales offered welsh courses or if I could study in turkey or something.

Cardiff uni offer Law and Welsh (others in Wales probably do too) but that doesn't help financially since the tuition fees are the same :frown: Although they do accept the Welsh Bacc in lieu of one A level grade so that helps academically if you're a Welsh student. This is taken from their website: "The Welsh Baccalaureate Advanced Skills Challenge Certificate will be accepted in lieu of one A-Level (at the grades listed above), excluding any specified subjects"

https://www.cardiff.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/courses/2020/law-and-welsh-llb
(edited 4 years ago)

Are you a UK citizen?
Do you have unlimited leave to remain?
Why do you want to study Turkish Law? Do you want to be a Turkish lawyer?
Reply 7
Does Ireland qualify as a valid country due to their similarities as they weren’t independent until 100 years ago and their first language is English too.
Reply 8
Original post by 999tigger
Are you a UK citizen?
Do you have unlimited leave to remain?
Why do you want to study Turkish Law? Do you want to be a Turkish lawyer?

Yes I was born in the uk to one British parent.
You won't be able to practice in the UK.
Original post by harrysbar
Cardiff uni offer Law and Welsh (others in Wales probably do too) but that doesn't help financially since the tuition fees are the same :frown: Although they do accept the Welsh Bacc in lieu of one A level grade so that helps academically if you're a Welsh student. This is taken from their website: "The Welsh Baccalaureate Advanced Skills Challenge Certificate will be accepted in lieu of one A-Level (at the grades listed above), excluding any specified subjects"

https://www.cardiff.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/courses/2020/law-and-welsh-

Do they accept on basis of UCAS points to make 4 A levels with lower requirements.
Try Bucerius Law School Hamburg or Jacobs University Bremen, both in Germany, both teach in English
Do they accept on basis of UCAS points to make 4 A levels with lower requirements.

In common with other competitive unis, Cardiff would prefer 3 good A levels than 4 weaker grades with the same points score.

UCAS points are used more often by the newer or less competitive unis like Bangor.
Original post by Aspenfire
Try Bucerius Law School Hamburg or Jacobs University Bremen, both in Germany, both teach in English

Johan said it’s not valid as it’s German law but if it’s accepted in the UK you’ve saved me.
Johan said it’s not valid as it’s German law but if it’s accepted in the UK you’ve saved me.

Why do you want to learn German Law? I thought you wanted to learn Turkish Law?

I like the idea of you being saved. Are you paying your own fees?

I like the idea of him being saved from Johan :tongue:

But I wouldn't have thought a degree being taught in Germany will be a qualifying Law degree for people who want to work in the UK.

No if I go it’ll be a student loan.
Is there any scholarships from the Welsh Gov or any other ways to save cash.
What specifically is the reason.
No if I go it’ll be a student loan.

Basically, you need to forget the idea of studying Law abroad and focus on getting the grades to apply for decent unis in the UK. Yes, the tuition fees are a pain but there are loans which you don't need to even start paying back until you are earning over 25k.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending