The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Maybe check the unis that don’t require the UCAT?
Reply 2
Original post by Futuremedic01
I got a low UCAT score of 562.5
I want to know what options I have and what unis will accept a low UCAT

Your score is curently in the 2nd decile as per the interim results and most med schools that do not assess using UCAT rule out anyone in the bottom 2 deciles, so you will need to check if ti moves up with final choices.
Whether there is anywhere you can apply depends a bit on your GCSE and A level grades, so post these on the megathread and people will try to advise
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5622970&p=85271846&page=140#post85271846

Otherwise you can sit the BMAT nad look at BMAT med schools
Thank you this is really useful
Reply 4
Cardiff (but double check to see if they rule out bottom 2 deciles as person above said)
My predicted grades are AAA
My GCSE’s are
Maths 8
Chemistry 7
Biology 7
Physics 7
English language 7
Further maths A
English literature 6
Economics 5
History 5
Spanish 5
Computer science 5
My predicted grades are AAA
My GCSE’s are
Maths 8
Chemistry 7
Biology 7
Physics 7
English language 7
Further maths A
English literature 6
Economics 5
History 5
Spanish 5
Computer science 5

Bmat?
Reply 7
I want to know what options I have and what unis will accept a low UCAT, also if there are any foundation year schools I can apply to.

Cardiff does not consider the UCATs for extending interviews
Bradston and Sunderland don't put much weight on the UCATs
Leicester could be a reach. You should try their formula, which gives 32 points for grades and 32 for UCAT. Points for UCAT = 32-1 point for every 100 points you are below the maximum. For the lowest 2 decile (570 last year) they allocated 16 points. So with a max points for grades, you would have 48. This compares with 54.5/64 required for an interview last year. For borderline cases they adjust upwards by up to 10 points for personal statement. It is not clear where the borderline lies though..
Original post by Mom2
Cardiff does not consider the UCATs for extending interviews
Bradston and Sunderland don't put much weight on the UCATs
Leicester could be a reach. You should try their formula, which gives 32 points for grades and 32 for UCAT. Points for UCAT = 32-1 point for every 100 points you are below the maximum. For the lowest 2 decile (570 last year) they allocated 16 points. So with a max points for grades, you would have 48. This compares with 54.5/64 required for an interview last year. For borderline cases they adjust upwards by up to 10 points for personal statement. It is not clear where the borderline lies though..

Thank you so much! I’ll definitely check out Cardiff and the other unis. I don’t think my grades and ucat is enough for Leicester. I think I’m going to do the BMAT too, the only problem is I do the exam after I apply to Uni’s so I won’t know what score i get. So if I get no offers I’m going to try and apply for clearing or take a gap year and redo UCAT.
Reply 9
UCAT 605 average, 2420 in total band 2Predicted A*AAGCSE 988888777Adone lots of volunteering etc so not worried about that, just need 4 medical schools which my ucat would be okay for?

Latest

Trending

Trending