The Student Room Group

Midnight Stargazing

Scroll to see replies

A bumpy ride :s-smilie:
That freshers fair seemed fun :ahee:
Reply 41
Fri Sep 13-

This will probably be my only ever Friday update but I'm just swinging in to say a few things.

Firstly, my timetable might be changing, joy, but it still means I get the same amount of free time.

Secondly, I'm thinking about doing tutoring, due to my lack of job (I admit though I could probably have tried harder to get one, but 4 ASs was a lot of work. I am trying now). Anyone been tutored and know how to go about doing so, especially in a situation where my parents don't have connections to people whose kids might need tutoring in subjects I could do it in?

I have maths off next Friday so I have 5 half days next week. Am excited.
(edited 4 years ago)
good luck with the tutoring, hope you find something!
your maths teacher sounds great :awesome: don't know if i could handle 2.5 hour lessons though!!
hope you manage to find a job, but i wouldn't worry too much about it as you could always get one after a level exams? that's what i'm planning to do anyway :smile:
Reply 44
Original post by Obolinda
A bumpy ride :s-smilie:
That freshers fair seemed fun :ahee:

good luck with the tutoring, hope you find something!

PRSOM
Firstly I swear you must be on this site all the time- and I thought I was here a lot aha (I also can't navigate the emoticon thing to find what I want ever so have an aha instead). Thanks so much though, and yeah, the fair was fun! I hope I find something too tbh

Original post by entertainmyfaith
your maths teacher sounds great :awesome: don't know if i could handle 2.5 hour lessons though!!
hope you manage to find a job, but i wouldn't worry too much about it as you could always get one after a level exams? that's what i'm planning to do anyway :smile:

PRSOM
He is! My other maths teacher is good too but she's a lot stricter. She's the one who's cancelled next Friday (wooo). I could do, very true. It's actually really nice to hear someone say that, because the people around me seem so job-driven I have been feeling like I have to find one, even though I don't reeeeally want one until A-Levels are done.
Original post by MidnightSymphony
Firstly I swear you must be on this site all the time

:lol:
Reply 46
Mon Sep 16-

Welcome to a "Midnight is ill and shouldn't be going to college but is going to college later anyway" update.

Monday mornings seem like a weird time to do an update so I might start doing Tuesday and Friday bc everyone updates Friday I think.

Not that much to comment on today. Personal statement hasn't progressed but I'm gonna sit down with my tutor later today and see if she can help me gather more ideas. I still have another month or so before I want it done, and much longer than that before it has to be. Unrealistic self-imposed deadlines ftw :smile:

In chem on Friday we worked some more on amines, we're doing some kinda practical Friday. In maths on Friday we continued on partial fractions, and then for homework have covered radians and area of a sector and arc length by use of radians, because my teacher isn't in this Friday so we need to keep on track. (I just said Friday way too many times for one paragraph to cope with didn't I)

And in tutorial? Not much happened. Nothing ever does.

In TSR related news I finally got round to applying to an MHoC party. Now waiting on responce.

Brief discussion on something totally off-kilter for me now, running! I did my first parkrun in mid-August and finished in 31 minutes and x seconds, but considering there was a time I could do 26 minutes just fine (albeit on my own), I need to get back to work, because fitness=going down. Am doing another parkrun Saturday.

I wanna get back into writing. My fiction writing is boring and I barely ever do it, my music writing has reached a repetitive block. I need new ideas.

Job hunting isn't going well, and that's that. I'm almost tempted to give up because it'll be better for study time this year but I shall not do that.

Now that "not that much to comment on today" has spiralled off into my longest update so far, I'll leave it here. Have a good week!

Spoiler

(edited 4 years ago)
Hope you get well soon :hugs:
Reply 48
Get well soon!
Can I be tagged, please... haha we have the same name, but like I won't mention it again :wink:
Reply 50
Original post by nyxnko_
Hope you get well soon :hugs:

Original post by CoffeeAndPolitics
Get well soon!

Thanks guys! Honestly I've felt a lot better since I got out of the house and into col

Original post by Matthew2422
Can I be tagged, please... haha we have the same name, but like I won't mention it again :wink:

Yes of course
Thanks guys! Honestly I've felt a lot better since I got out of the house and into col

It's always nice when you feel better after getting out :woo:
Reply 52
Original post by nyxnko_
It's always nice when you feel better after getting out :woo:

Ikr

Glad I went in too tbf, personal statement work came along a l o t during tutorial and I wouldn't understand the chem work otherwise
Ikr

Glad I went in too tbf, personal statement work came along a l o t during tutorial and I wouldn't understand the chem work otherwise

:woo:
Glad it was productive at college :hugs:
Reply 54
Get well soon!!! Defo tag me. Year 13 is so stressful with personal statement and UCAS stuff -- I don't envy you at all right now. :redface: I wouldn't do Year 13 again if you paid me!!!

Have you had any more thoughts about your chemistry doubts? Sometimes you just need to find a new angle to reinspire you with something, and I'm sure that applies with the sciences too. :smile:
get well soon:hugs:
should start doing parkrun, don't like how early it is though:redface:
I did my first park run 2 weeks ago :biggrin: I got 32 mins :lol: - I really need to start exercising more :ninja:
Good luck for job-hunting!
I've never done a park run :ninja: :lol:
i thought this would be a lil cute post about midnight stargazing but..... oh well still pretty good 😔 good luck out there midnight! or mathew!!! or whatever!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply 59
Original post by octo
Get well soon!!! Defo tag me. Year 13 is so stressful with personal statement and UCAS stuff -- I don't envy you at all right now. :redface: I wouldn't do Year 13 again if you paid me!!!

Have you had any more thoughts about your chemistry doubts? Sometimes you just need to find a new angle to reinspire you with something, and I'm sure that applies with the sciences too. :smile:

Thank youuu, and will do. I don't wanna be in this year, ngl. I'd be willing to go forward or backward but I dont wanna stay where I am rn :colonhash:

I have, but I've decided to apply for straight chem anyway. I really don't know what else I would do anyway.
Original post by entertainmyfaith
get well soon:hugs:
should start doing parkrun, don't like how early it is though:redface:

Thanks! Yeah tbf that is one issue, I thought it started at 10 until the day before and I felt too guilty to back out once I realised it was 9.

Original post by laurawatt
I did my first park run 2 weeks ago :biggrin: I got 32 mins :lol: - I really need to start exercising more :ninja:
Good luck for job-hunting!

Oh, well done! 32 minutes deffo isn't bad, have you done much running before?

I've never done a park run :ninja: :lol:

You should do one :smile:

Original post by pipthesqueak
i thought this would be a lil cute post about midnight stargazing but..... oh well still pretty good 😔 good luck out there midnight! or mathew!!! or whatever!!!!!!!!!!!

Heck, sorry to disappoint! Nope, I've never actually gone out midnight stargazing, funny that...
Thank youuu!

Quick Reply