The Student Room Group

Aberdeen A100 2020 entry

Welcome to the University of Aberdeen A100 2020 Entry Discussion.

For general information click: https://www.abdn.ac.uk/smmsn/undergraduate/medicine/index.php

For entry requirements click: https://www.abdn.ac.uk/smmsn/undergraduate/medicine/uk-academic-requirements.php

Aberdeen A100 Offer Holders thread: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=6394796

General TSR rules:
(1) Please don't ask for or post group chat links.
(2) Please don't ask for or post interview questions.
(3) Please don't offer to buy and sell items.

Good luck!

Post originally created by ecolier.
(edited 4 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

I got an unconditional, and will be starting this September. I got a BSc Genetics 2.1, Distinction MSc Biotech and Management both from Glasgow, and 755 B1 Ukcat. Quote me or msg me if you need any advice.
Congratulations!
How does Aberdeen shortlist applicants for interview. I only got ucat 700 and Band 4 SJ and I’m an international student.

Original post by TheHelperMedic
I got an unconditional, and will be starting this September. I got a BSc Genetics 2.1, Distinction MSc Biotech and Management both from Glasgow, and 755 B1 Ukcat. Quote me or msg me if you need any advice.
Hey guys,

UCAT: 2610 // band 2
GCSE: 6A* 1A 1B 1C (A* in English Lang / maths)
A-levels predicted: 3A* (EPQ but no predicted grade)

Do I have a chance of getting an interview ?

Also do they make offers based purely on interview score or do they take UCAT into consideration?
Reply 4
Original post by Muez
Hey guys,

UCAT: 2610 // band 2
GCSE: 6A* 1A 1B 1C (A* in English Lang / maths)
A-levels predicted: 3A* (EPQ but no predicted grade)

Do I have a chance of getting an interview ?

Also do they make offers based purely on interview score or do they take UCAT into consideration?

This is on their website?
Pre-interview score is made up of A levels 60% and UCAT 40% and then this score is carried forward as 50% of post interview scoring.
Reply 5
Worth applying with a 630 avg UKCAT? As a graduate applicant btw
Reply 6
Original post by MomoAlas

Got 608 and I’m applying! Got nothing to lose
Original post by MomoAlas

Look at last years thread. You should be able to see there. I got 650 and got an interview (although didn’t get in so still have work to do).
Reply 8
I'm an international student. All A*s and 1 A at GCSE and predicted all A*s. My UCAT was 2590 band 3. Do I have a shot at getting in?
Reply 9
Did people receive confirmations on email about the applications ? My daughters school already submitted the application last week and we got confirmations from 2 other unis, but nothing from Aberdeen
Original post by TheHelperMedic

Hey congratulations on your offer. I was just wondering if they asked for a Chemistry A level grade from you since on their website it is needed. I myself did biomed and want to apply but Dk if my biochemistry modules satisfy that requirement because on their website it states that “the requirement for Chem A levels may be satisfied by appropriate courses of study and achievement during first degree”
Original post by Aabs
Did people receive confirmations on email about the applications ? My daughters school already submitted the application last week and we got confirmations from 2 other unis, but nothing from Aberdeen

Hi,
I also haven’t received anything from them yet. My application was sent on Monday.
All other universities have contacted me apart from Aberdeen.
Hopefully, it will happen soon.
I wouldn't worry too much about confirmation emails, i received mine this morning but there are many applicants so the process can be a bit delayed.
has anyone applying for 2020 entry received an invitation for an interview yet?
Original post by rainerrg
has anyone applying for 2020 entry received an invitation for an interview yet?

No it’s very early on, unis probably haven’t recieved our ucat results yet
Reply 15
I got an invitation from aberdeen
Original post by koning
I got an invitation from aberdeen

That’s awesome!!! When did you get it?
Reply 17
Original post by sadia_azhar
That’s awesome!!! When did you get it?

Yesterday
Original post by koning
Yesterday