Clucking up some A*s! (hopefully)

Scroll to see replies

prsom but proud of youuuu keep it going!! 💜💜🦋
Best of luck fo getting stuff done tonight! :hugs:
Original post by mez_merising
prsom but proud of youuuu keep it going!! 💜💜🦋

Original post by laurawatt
Best of luck fo getting stuff done tonight! :hugs:

Omgash thanks both of you! I actually feel really accomplished. Like just in terms of the amount of work I did today and coz procrastination was limited too. I might start doing this more often especially when I start going off track. It's real good motivation. Now it's bed time! Weewoop!
Hey - can you please add me to the coop?? (I'm in year 12 but I'm taking bio, chem and maths so your gyg seems pretty interesting!) :h:
Original post by studyingpeach
Hey - can you please add me to the coop?? (I'm in year 12 but I'm taking bio, chem and maths so your gyg seems pretty interesting!) :h:

Yep! :h: Bio, chem and maths is a good combination! (I'm not biased at all!) Remember to stay on track with everything and you'll be fine. Also what are you thinking about doing at uni?
Original post by FlawlessChicken
Yep! :h: Bio, chem and maths is a good combination! (I'm not biased at all!) Remember to stay on track with everything and you'll be fine. Also what are you thinking about doing at uni?

Thanks for the advice! I'm quite open to a science-related course but medicine seems to have piqued my interest :biggrin:
20/09/19

It's been a busy week so yh I have a lot to say. Probably the most exciting thing is my BMAT results ... which are okay I guess.
Here's what I got:

Spoiler

I had an eye test and apparently my vision's gone slightly worse. So I need new glasses. Apparently my right eye's weaker than my left eye which is quite cool tbh. It does make sense, coz my perception of dimensions and stuff is sooo bad. I had both my biology tests and my chem test too. They went well too but I ran outta time on the photosynthesis test, coz I was playing around, twirling my pen for a solid 5 minutes, zoned out. UCAT is in less than two weeks now which is scary. I've done ~1800 questions on medify but I really need to do more. Plus my stamina is poo. Like I can only do 1 hour sessions as most. I still haven't even attempted mocks coz I know my attention will just f up. N e ways time for a subject breakdown.....

Biology

So yh I had a both my tests which made up the majority of the week's lessons. I had to do a practical on the factors affecting photosynthesis with different colour filters and stuff. We just did exam practice questions with my other teacher. My teacher made something called biology roulette. It's like he made a bank of questions from the whole spec. And at the end of the lesson he asks us 10 questions, which he takes in. It's quite scary and 10000x less fun than it sounds.

Chemistry

We're going to do another stupid practical on organic synthesis. I actually hate chemistry practicals. There's soo much to f**king write-up and all the questions and results tables and flow charts. If we didn't do PAGs we'd actually finish the course soo much faster. Like I get why they do it, but imo it really shouldn't be as serious as it is. We had to do more stuff on equilibria with my other teacher. She still doesn't know my name so she literally hasn't picked on me once yet ... which is okay I suppose. Hopefully she gets it before parent's evening. Oh yh that reminds me ... my parent's evening is on the 9th of October. Last year was fine, so hopefully it's either better on just as good.

Maths/Further Maths

SERIES WITH COMPLEX NUMBERS ARE SOO COMPLEX! Like it just happened out of nowhere. I liked complex numbers and then binomial, trig and exponentials all came. Omgash if there's anyone willing to explain it to me pleaseeeeee hmu, coz apparently this stuff's coming up in the test so ahhhhh! We started FS1 this week too. E(X), Var(X) and more stuff like that. It's more application rather than memorisation in normal stats. I thinks that just further maths. It's the simple concepts in maths just on more steroids and in different contexts. We learnt the cross-product w/ vectors with my other teacher, even though it's not in the spec. It's makes everything much simpler apparently. We did stuff on intersecting lines and planes. We learnt about skew and parallel stuff. Our test week is next week so I know exactly what to do this week-end. Woopwoop!

Sorry if this update was a bit too content heavy. Nothing's happened with my EPQ. I need to do stuff for my mid-project review but it's sometime in October - so hopefully I'll bang that out after UCAT?

Song of the week:

Spoiler

I guess the bmat results are just more motivation for me to do UCAT revision. I wish I was a cat uno. They really don't do anything. If they want food they can go home. They get cuddles and stuff from their owners if they want. Then they can just leave and come back whenever they want. Lmao I just wanna be free. I'm 18 in two months as well wtf. I feel like I'm 12 oh god!

Here's also all the loveliest people! Literally you guys make me soooo happy tysm!
Everyone in my chicken coup: (Tell me if you wanna be added or taken away (hhh actually no you can't escape.... just kidding) I want loads and loads of people in my chicken coup with me x

Chilling in the chicken coup:

Spoiler

I just feel a bit weird about this update for some reason. Something feels off but I can't put a finger on it. Hope you guys have a lovely week! Good luck with all the amazing things you do!
20/09/19

It's been a busy week so yh I have a lot to say. Probably the most exciting thing is my BMAT results ... which are okay I guess.
Here's what I got:

Spoiler

I had an eye test and apparently my vision's gone slightly worse. So I need new glasses. Apparently my right eye's weaker than my left eye which is quite cool tbh. It does make sense, coz my perception of dimensions and stuff is sooo bad. I had both my biology tests and my chem test too. They went well too but I ran outta time on the photosynthesis test, coz I was playing around, twirling my pen for a solid 5 minutes, zoned out. UCAT is in less than two weeks now which is scary. I've done ~1800 questions on medify but I really need to do more. Plus my stamina is poo. Like I can only do 1 hour sessions as most. I still haven't even attempted mocks coz I know my attention will just f up. N e ways time for a subject breakdown.....

Biology

So yh I had a both my tests which made up the majority of the week's lessons. I had to do a practical on the factors affecting photosynthesis with different colour filters and stuff. We just did exam practice questions with my other teacher. My teacher made something called biology roulette. It's like he made a bank of questions from the whole spec. And at the end of the lesson he asks us 10 questions, which he takes in. It's quite scary and 10000x less fun than it sounds.

Chemistry

We're going to do another stupid practical on organic synthesis. I actually hate chemistry practicals. There's soo much to f**king write-up and all the questions and results tables and flow charts. If we didn't do PAGs we'd actually finish the course soo much faster. Like I get why they do it, but imo it really shouldn't be as serious as it is. We had to do more stuff on equilibria with my other teacher. She still doesn't know my name so she literally hasn't picked on me once yet ... which is okay I suppose. Hopefully she gets it before parent's evening. Oh yh that reminds me ... my parent's evening is on the 9th of October. Last year was fine, so hopefully it's either better on just as good.

Maths/Further Maths

SERIES WITH COMPLEX NUMBERS ARE SOO COMPLEX! Like it just happened out of nowhere. I liked complex numbers and then binomial, trig and exponentials all came. Omgash if there's anyone willing to explain it to me pleaseeeeee hmu, coz apparently this stuff's coming up in the test so ahhhhh! We started FS1 this week too. E(X), Var(X) and more stuff like that. It's more application rather than memorisation in normal stats. I thinks that just further maths. It's the simple concepts in maths just on more steroids and in different contexts. We learnt the cross-product w/ vectors with my other teacher, even though it's not in the spec. It's makes everything much simpler apparently. We did stuff on intersecting lines and planes. We learnt about skew and parallel stuff. Our test week is next week so I know exactly what to do this week-end. Woopwoop!

Sorry if this update was a bit too content heavy. Nothing's happened with my EPQ. I need to do stuff for my mid-project review but it's sometime in October - so hopefully I'll bang that out after UCAT?

Song of the week:

Spoiler

I guess the bmat results are just more motivation for me to do UCAT revision. I wish I was a cat uno. They really don't do anything. If they want food they can go home. They get cuddles and stuff from their owners if they want. Then they can just leave and come back whenever they want. Lmao I just wanna be free. I'm 18 in two months as well wtf. I feel like I'm 12 oh god!

Here's also all the loveliest people! Literally you guys make me soooo happy tysm!
Everyone in my chicken coup: (Tell me if you wanna be added or taken away (hhh actually no you can't escape.... just kidding) I want loads and loads of people in my chicken coup with me x

Spoiler

I just feel a bit weird about this update for some reason. Something feels off but I can't put a finger on it. Hope you guys have a lovely week! Good luck with all the amazing things you do!

Nice BMAT score! Which college are thinking of applying to?
Original post by Sososnake
Nice BMAT score! Which college are thinking of applying to?

I haven't really decided. I really liked Pembroke and Downing when I was there. So maybe one of those. But I'm looking at how they use the bmat to see if it's worth applying there.
Well done with your BMAT! :woo:

:console: Series with complex numbers aren't fun, but they'll get easier with practice :yes: And the cross product makes a lot of things easier :yep:
I haven't really decided. I really liked Pembroke and Downing when I was there. So maybe one of those. But I'm looking at how they use the bmat to see if it's worth applying there.

I know someone who got into downing medicine this year. Also downing don’t use section 3 at all so your scores would be very competitive and I’d say guaranteed an interview
Original post by nyxnko_
Well done with your BMAT! :woo:

:console: Series with complex numbers aren't fun, but they'll get easier with practice :yes: And the cross product makes a lot of things easier :yep:

Awww thanks.... yh practise makes perfect. The only problem is that some steps in the textbooks are like they've been plucked outta thin air. It's just a bit hard to understand what they do and why they do it.
I know someone who got into downing medicine this year. Also downing don’t use section 3 at all so your scores would be very competitive and I’d say guaranteed an interview

Hmmm yh it does make sense! Guess I'll just have to bang the interview... hopefully.
Hmmm yh it does make sense! Guess I'll just have to bang the interview... hopefully.

I’m sure you’ll do great! I’m applying to Cambridge medicine too and am doing the October bmat. Can I ask how you prepared for sections 1 and 2 and what resources you used?
I’m sure you’ll do great! I’m applying to Cambridge medicine too and am doing the October bmat. Can I ask how you prepared for sections 1 and 2 and what resources you used?

I just did all the past papers. They're all available all the way back to 2003 I think. Try doing the tests in strict exam conditions, to mimic the exam. I think that's why I did soo differently in the actual thing. So are you doing it in your school? Imo that's soo much less traumatising than some random centre in London with soo many other random students.
I just did all the past papers. They're all available all the way back to 2003 I think. Try doing the tests in strict exam conditions, to mimic the exam. I think that's why I did soo differently in the actual thing. So are you doing it in your school? Imo that's soo much less traumatising than some random centre in London with soo many other random students.

Yeh a few of us are doing it at school. I’m aiming for a score of 12/18 for sections 1+2 combined. Quite nervous since I’ve seen everyone saying section 2 is hard. How did you find each section?
20/09/19

Here's what I got:

Spoiler

Biology

Chemistry

Maths/Further Maths

Song of the week:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Amazing results and progress! Keep it up!
Original post by Artyllectual
Amazing results and progress! Keep it up!

Aww thank you!

Yeh a few of us are doing it at school. I’m aiming for a score of 12/18 for sections 1+2 combined. Quite nervous since I’ve seen everyone saying section 2 is hard. How did you find each section?

I found 1 harder than 2. I'm really sciencey so I find that stuff more fun - but it totally depends on the person. Good luck with it tho! It's hard but if you revise you can get a good score!
Aww thank you!

I found 1 harder than 2. I'm really sciencey so I find that stuff more fun - but it totally depends on the person. Good luck with it tho! It's hard but if you revise you can get a good score!

Thanks, I’m very sciencey too but worried about the physics questions
Thanks, I’m very sciencey too but worried about the physics questions

Dw I don't do physics too! It's all gcse stuff so you must've of learnt it before. Most of it is just applying equations like the stuff for gpe and ke. There's also a lot on radioactivity, but do the papers and find the gaps in your knowledge.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending