The Student Room Group

Starting uni tomorrow and feeling so anxious

I feel anxious to everything new i face, i really feel so nervous about tomorrow……

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
I feel anxious to everything new i face, i really feel so nervous about tomorrow……

Perfectly natural, best of luck.

Unis great, it just goes by way too fast.
Me too!!!!! I cant sleep!!!!

But dw I'm sure it will.go well!
I was at uni last year but actually starting my course from tomorrow!

You'll be fine x

Have you made any friends, just go in with them, get a coffee, find the lecture theatre plus take your keys, bankcard, pen , paper and laptop if you use one. Make friends on your course and if you recognise any coursemates from your hall, bond with them.
Sameeeee!! It’s pretty daunting starting something like uni 🙈 I’m like 30% excited and the rest of me wants to hide under my bed cover 😂🤦🏻*♂️
Original post by Beepboop13
Sameeeee!! It’s pretty daunting starting something like uni 🙈 I’m like 30% excited and the rest of me wants to hide under my bed cover 😂🤦🏻*♂️

Haha me too😂😂😂 I want to just stay in bed and not have to get up!
Btw what uni? X
I’ll be going to Westminster wbu??
Haha me too😂😂😂 I want to just stay in bed and not have to get up!
Btw what uni? X

I’ll be going Westminster wbu??
I’ll be going to Westminster wbu??

That's cool! I'm at Aston. (First actual year and none of my friends are doing the same course so will have to make new friends lol).
I really dislike change! But I'm quite talkative so I'm hoping it goes well!

Good luck! Dont be worried, just be yourself and I'm sure you'll find your feet soon!
That's cool! I'm at Aston. (First actual year and none of my friends are doing the same course so will have to make new friends lol).

Good luck! Dont be worried, just be yourself and I'm sure you'll find your feet soon!

Yeah I literally know no one so I’ll have no choice but to get chatty with people 🙈

You’ll do great and don’t be anxious.. you’re gunna love it and you’ll think back and say ‘what was I worrying about?’ 😊 Best of luck!!

How did your first day go?! 😊
How did your first day go?! 😊

I was just going to ask you!!!!!!
It was good, we were just given a lecture in rules at uni and how to succeed on the course. (1 say gone, 2 more to go- for this week anyway haha!)

I made a few friends also theres this girl who is doing the same course and catches the same bus as were from the same area:smile:so I'm.happy Haha- I'm the one who approached her.

How about you, did you make any friends? :smile:
I was just going to ask you!!!!!!
It was good, we were just given a lecture in rules at uni and how to succeed on the course. (1 say gone, 2 more to go- for this week anyway haha!)

I made a few friends also theres this girl who is doing the same course and catches the same bus as were from the same area:smile:so I'm.happy Haha- I'm the one who approached her.

How about you, did you make any friends? :smile:

My day was good thanks I done the same thing, had like an introductory lecture about health and safety and things like that, then a campus tour. I wouldn’t say I made friends I said hi to a couple of people but I’m quite shy anyway lol

I have a social event to go to tomorrow so I’ll try and talk to some more people then, I’m then being reserved right now aha! What the hell was we worrying about???!! 😊😂
My day was good thanks I done the same thing, had like an introductory lecture about health and safety and things like that, then a campus tour. I wouldn’t say I made friends I said hi to a couple of people but I’m quite shy anyway lol

I have a social event to go to tomorrow so I’ll try and talk to some more people then, I’m then being reserved right now aha! What the hell was we worrying about???!! 😊😂

Am I the only one who's day was bad :frown:

Nope. Expectations are high so disappointment quite likely. I like your honesty. It’ll be fine, now that Day One is behind you.

Definitely not! My day wasn’t all good, there was so much waiting about and not knowing what to do, but once the first week is over things will start feeling normal... how comes your day was bad?? 😔
Definitely not! My day wasn’t all good, there was so much waiting about and not knowing what to do, but once the first week is over things will start feeling normal... how comes your day was bad?? 😔

Couldn't make friends and don't think i will be able to. Although I tried to overcome my anxiety so many times, I didn't improve at all,
and when i try to make friends, I am just excluded. I can't enjoy anything
Original post by DrSocSciences
Nope. Expectations are high so disappointment quite likely. I like your honesty. It’ll be fine, now that Day One is behind you.

I hope it will be a bad day, not a bad life as all my days are the same
Couldn't make friends and don't think i will be able to. Although I tried to overcome my anxiety so many times, I didn't improve at all,
and when i try to make friends, I am just excluded. I can't enjoy anything

I’m the same too, I didn’t really talk to anyone today but I guess over time once you go the classes with the same people you will get talking and get to know people. I’m sure you’ll be absolutely fine although I completely understand where you’re coming from 🙂
I’m the same too, I didn’t really talk to anyone today but I guess over time once you go the classes with the same people you will get talking and get to know people. I’m sure you’ll be absolutely fine although I completely understand where you’re coming from 🙂

Thank you…
good luck with ur uni

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending