The Student Room Group

Do you agree with influencers

Please help, I’m doing a study on influencers and first impressions. Try and be as detailed as possible what’s your first impressions on these three ‘influencers’

Www.instagram.com/mollyellaaa
Www.instagram.com/mollysmith19
Www.instagram.com/milliehannahhh

What’s your opinion on social media and do you agree with most young people aspiring to become influencers (1 in 5)
Insecure and ridiculous.
Reply 2
Original post by YaliaV
Insecure and ridiculous.

Please can you elaborate on why you think this and go into detail about each individual
I'm always sceptical of anyone who calls themselves an 'influencer' or 'instagram "model"'. Posting some pictures of your daily routine and/or at the beach in your bikini doesn't you: A. automatically influential to the masses, B. a model!

I have a couple pictures of myself wearing suits from my local suit shop, does that make me a bloody suit model? Does what I wear influence anymore? The answer is NO.

My first impression of these people is that they seem to be incredibly vain, delusional in their actual self-importance and naive in how influential they actually are.
Reply 4
Original post by CTLeafez
I'm always sceptical of anyone who calls themselves an 'influencer' or 'instagram "model"'. Posting some pictures of your daily routine and/or at the beach in your bikini doesn't you: A. automatically influential to the masses, B. a model!

I have a couple pictures of myself wearing suits from my local suit shop, does that make me a bloody suit model? Does what I wear influence anymore? The answer is NO.

My first impression of these people is that they seem to be incredibly vain, delusional in their actual self-importance and naive in how influential they actually are.

I couldn’t agree more with you. However looking at these accounts all of these models are actually signed to agencies.. None of them have suggested they are influences but from the generic stereotypical influence of this is what I thought it would be.

Could you pick one of these ‘influencers’ from the above and pick up on some pros and cons of that account
Original post by stress11
I couldn’t agree more with you. However looking at these accounts all of these models are actually signed to agencies.. None of them have suggested they are influences but from the generic stereotypical influence of this is what I thought it would be.

Could you pick one of these ‘influencers’ from the above and pick up on some pros and cons of that account

You called them influencers in your first post on the thread so I was following your definition :P

I guess my statements were more directed as the vast majority who dub themselves as 'models' and 'influences' on Instagram without any actual contracts to professional modelling agencies.

I choose Millie Hannah (3rd linked account)

Pros:
1. I find her the most attractive of the three girls. She looks like your stereotypically attractive girl you'd find at Uni. The others seem a bit fake.
2. She seems to have more of the fun, non-serious photos on her instagram too. e.g. her eating an ice cream. The others seem to be more serious in nature.

Cons:
1. She seems to progressively become more 'fake' as she gets more followers. Goes from naturally quite attractive to the fake "attractive" which celebrities like the Kardashians are peddling.
I hate the ones that photoshop their bodies and the kids will go “i wish i had that body” but really it was achieved by a touch of a button
Reply 7
Original post by CTLeafez
You called them influencers in your first post on the thread so I was following your definition :P

I guess my statements were more directed as the vast majority who dub themselves as 'models' and 'influences' on Instagram without any actual contracts to professional modelling agencies.

I choose Millie Hannah (3rd linked account)

Pros:
1. I find her the most attractive of the three girls. She looks like your stereotypically attractive girl you'd find at Uni. The others seem a bit fake.
2. She seems to have more of the fun, non-serious photos on her instagram too. e.g. her eating an ice cream. The others seem to be more serious in nature.

Cons:
1. She seems to progressively become more 'fake' as she gets more followers. Goes from naturally quite attractive to the fake "attractive" which celebrities like the Kardashians are peddling.

Thank you so much for this, I found it extreeemley helpful! Is there anyway you could do the same for the other two?!
Thank you so much for this, I found it extreeemley helpful! Is there anyway you could do the same for the other two?!

Well I'm going to bed now, maybe I will in the morning :')
Reply 9
Original post by rotlol
I hate the ones that photoshop their bodies and the kids will go “i wish i had that body” but really it was achieved by a touch of a button

Literally, kids just don’t get that this fake life is now normalised. Could you analyse the three accounts, it would really help my research?
Literally, kids just don’t get that this fake life is now normalised. Could you analyse the three accounts, it would really help my research?

what is there to analyse? they have pretty pictures.
Reply 11
Original post by rotlol
what is there to analyse? they have pretty pictures.

In terms of most to least attractive
Influences... surely.
What do these influencers influence exactly?
It's nice
Please help, I’m doing a study on influencers and first impressions. Try and be as detailed as possible what’s your first impressions on these three ‘influencers’

What’s your opinion on social media and do you agree with most young people aspiring to become influencers (1 in 5)

I think people give influencers a lot of cr*p because they seem to have a bad rep. They are seen as shallow, materialistic and self-obsessed.

However I think people forget that it takes dedication, commitment and skill to build up a profile that can be seen as “an influencer”. Then as an influencer they have people actively nitpicking and looking for slightest slip of the tongue or clothing choice to judge them, Sue them or boycott them. They then have to choose and advertise products for money, manager them self, never eat and exercise to keep up their brand and income. They’re just trying to make a living, people shouldn’t be so hard on them

no diffrent to wanting to be a model, if you think fashion and modeling is vacuous then yes so is being an influencer. I personally really like travel influencers and artist, but i think that because they are less superficial then the ones you have sent links to

Quick Reply

Latest