The Student Room Group

I have a crush on a 19 year old

Im 13...

So yesterday I was on a kids chat room and he started messaging me and he called me cute and a 10/10 and I said he would be a 8 or 9/10 but on the kids site it said he was 14.

I added him on instagram and he said do I like older guys and I said depends how old. And he said he is actually 19 and I was like what because he looks like a guy in my year at school.

Like he's cute but if we did get together 1. We would have to get to know each other and 2. My parents and family probably wouldn't approve and he would get called a pedo. 3. He is in Canada and 4. He only has 1 pic and that's his profile pic so could be anyone.

I wouldn't sent nudes or do anything he asked. He asked if I wanted to see his d and I said no and he respected that although he was saying he was hard and stuff.

What should I do? He's one guy who calls me cute and not many guys do. And he is cute.

My brother is 18 so he is older than my brother

Scroll to see replies

? this is called online grooming, block him, and he definitely isn't 19
Don’t talk to him at all! Like you said it could be anyone and much older guys know how to sweet talk younger girls. Plus, why would a 19 year old be on a kids messaging site?? Pleaaasse don’t talk to him
Reply 3
The kids chat site was like older children to younger teens son probably 10 or 11-15/16

Normally on the kids chat site I have guys that are like 18-20 with no picture and I block them but when this guy messaged on his profile it said 14 and his pic looked like he was 14. On the site it probably didn't let him be 19 so he said 14. At first I though he was joking and I said are you actually 19 and he said ye.
What’s his Instagram? I will check it out and see if it’s a real person. But it could be that you’re talking to a 30 year old man not even 19 which is still illegal. Gather enough information about him, such as home address, name etc and report him to the police
Original post by Anonymous
Im 13...

So yesterday I was on a kids chat room and he started messaging me and he called me cute and a 10/10 and I said he would be a 8 or 9/10 but on the kids site it said he was 14.

I added him on instagram and he said do I like older guys and I said depends how old. And he said he is actually 19 and I was like what because he looks like a guy in my year at school.

Like he's cute but if we did get together 1. We would have to get to know each other and 2. My parents and family probably wouldn't approve and he would get called a pedo. 3. He is in Canada and 4. He only has 1 pic and that's his profile pic so could be anyone.

I wouldn't sent nudes or do anything he asked. He asked if I wanted to see his d and I said no and he respected that although he was saying he was hard and stuff.

What should I do? He's one guy who calls me cute and not many guys do. And he is cute.

Hm, that could become dangerous. There is some chance he’s not telling the truth, so I think you should just play it cautious for a while. Make sure he’s trustworthy. There’s a chance he’s an adult so just... be careful.
Reply 6
Original post by Mustafa0605
What’s his Instagram? I will check it out and see if it’s a real person. But it could be that you’re talking to a 30 year old man not even 19 which is still illegal. Gather enough information about him, such as home address, name etc and report him to the police

That's why I put he could be anyone in my op because he's only got 1 picture and that's his profile pic and on YouTube I sometimes watch people catching catfishes and they only have 1 pic

And I'm not sure I should put his instagram on here
Reply 7
Original post by SlasherHacks13
Hm, that could become dangerous. There is some chance he’s not telling the truth, so I think you should just play it cautious for a while. Make sure he’s trustworthy. There’s a chance he’s an adult so just... be careful.

He is an adult he said he's 19. But he could be older. It's weird though he looks younger than my brother and the same age as my friend probably 13/14
Im 13...

There r so many odd things about the guy, which makes him quite sketchy.

1. He's lying about his age
2. He's an adult and you're a minor
3.. If u put it in this context, an adult is asking a minor if they like older guys.
4. You don't exactly know for sure if he is in your yr and he only has one picture, so like u said it could be anyone.
5. Was he the one asking for nudes? Because he shouldn't since it is illegal for any minor to be sending that.
6. He probably did try to groom u, by the fact he's straight up saying ur 10/10 (i mean if it's a compliment in the right context, it's fine but he is 6 yrs older than u) and he still attempted to persuade u by saying he is hard or whatever in a way of trying to make u feel a bit guilty if that makes sense.
7. Please don'y say more information about urself, he could be doing some next-lvl stalking

The point I'm trying to make is that he is trying to groom you, I mean even if he is a legit guy in you're yr, that's still creepy, so be careful and distance yourself from him
That's why I put he could be anyone in my op because he's only got 1 picture and that's his profile pic and on YouTube I sometimes watch people catching catfishes and they only have 1 pic

And I'm not sure I should put his instagram on here

Send his Instagram privately to me if you want to. But it definitely sounds dodgy and you should be careful to not tell him something private like where you live or what school you go and don’t send him any pictures
He is an adult he said he's 19. But he could be older. It's weird though he looks younger than my brother and the same age as my friend probably 13/14

Sure, it’s just that in my country a legal adult is 20. Sorry! But looking like a 13 or 14 yr old is pretty crazy. Could be a lie, or surgery.
I only told him I like to play video games and watch yt and I told him what video games i play

He told me to ask him anything and I said I don't know and asked what he would tell people and he said he's honest

He was asking if I wanted to see his d and he was hard when I thought he was 14. But I said no because I don't know him.

The only personal info he asked was my last name but I said no because I don't tell people I don't know.
Attachment not found
Attachment not found
Attachment not found
Attachment not found
Attachment not found
Attachment not found
Attachment not found
Attachment not found
Attachment not found
Attachment not found
some of our chat and u can see his pic
I only told him I like to play video games and watch yt and I told him what video games i play

He told me to ask him anything and I said I don't know and asked what he would tell people and he said he's honest

He was asking if I wanted to see his d and he was hard when I thought he was 14. But I said no because I don't know him.

The only personal info he asked was my last name but I said no because I don't tell people I don't know.

Block him. Report him.
definitely stop talking to this person. this is illegal and potentially very dangerous.
Attachment not found
Attachment not found
Attachment not found
Attachment not found
the rest

Yep, You shouldn’t tell last names to strangers. That part you did well.

Ik u may be thinking that he is honest, but he has lied to u about his age and ur not sure if he is acc telling u what he would say to ppl.

Other thing is, what 14 yr old asks ppl to see his d?

but it's good u didn't say any peesonal info because i still don't trust the guy, nobody does on here since it is so odd
Attachment not found
Attachment not found
Attachment not found
Attachment not found
Attachment not found
Attachment not found
Attachment not found
Attachment not found
Attachment not found
Attachment not found
some of our chat and u can see his pic