The Student Room Group

Labour candidate victim of politically motivated rape.

https://news.sky.com/story/labour-candidate-emily-owen-i-was-raped-and-had-drink-spiked-in-politically-motivated-attack-11811739

Ms Owen claims the incident occurred last year and she didn't’ report it to the police.

Without wishing to detract from the heinous crime of rape, it does seem this is being used to score political points off Boris Johnson.
"Without wishing to detract from the heinous crime of rape" - immediately detracts from the crime of rape.

I wonder why she didn't report it with people like you who immediately disbelieve any rape victims coming forward existing 🤔 🤔 🤔
Reply 2
Don't know if it's true that it was politically motivated (and I'm not sure how she would know either), or even if the spike and rape happened given she didn't bother reporting it to the police.

Either way though, it's most likely she is telling her story now as an opportunity to gain herself some publicity in the lead up to an impending general election.
Reply 3
To be fair, it would be better not to publicise this crap the way we do. It's all part of that noxious leftist cloud manufactured to convert the vulnerable and afflicted, the same way the NYT has just re-ignited the Kavanaugh case in the US. A friend of a friend, who happens to remember nothing anymore, said that in a darkened room and with no one around for miles (ad nauseam)... They really suck, these characters.
Reply 4
Original post by artful_lounger
"Without wishing to detract from the heinous crime of rape" - immediately detracts from the crime of rape.

I wonder why she didn't report it with people like you who immediately disbelieve any rape victims coming forward existing 🤔 🤔 🤔

I think the issue Andrew wanted to discuss was the motivation for coming forward now, like this, rather than asking "Is rape bad?".
Reply 5
This is an insult to intelligence but you guys take it away if you feel like it, feed the leftist narrative away. All a load of crap in my opinion. there's no evidence of any rape at all to begin with.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by ThomH97
I think the issue Andrew wanted to discuss was the motivation for coming forward now, like this, rather than asking "Is rape bad?".

Maybe it would've been better to question the most fundamental of aspects because these lefties cannot be trusted on anything, every time their lips move we have a potential distortion of reality taking place. This Nobody says she was inspired by another parasitical windbag and they are all egged on by their brothers and sisters like Jussie Smollett or this other Nobody:

A former NFL player allegedly created a fake hate crime at his Georgia business in which he claimed burglars spray painted racial slurs, swastikas and "MAGA" at his bakery.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/ex-nfl-player-accused-staging-hate-crime-painting-maga-swastikas-n1054591

It's almost a matter of civic duty to stand up to this, they drag the world to the level they're comfortable with but what about the rest of us?
1. She didn’t report it for ‘numerous reasons’ but didn’t list any of those reasons.
2. She doesn’t provide any evidence that it was a politically motivated rape, in fact, she provided no corroborating evidence of any rape taking place.
3. Who on the ‘far right’ considers Boris as their leader?
Reply 8
Original post by artful_lounger

Its not so much disbelieving the rape claim as disbelieving it was 'politically motivated'
So just as Jones gave no evidence to back up his claim of it being far right attackers Owens gives no evidence to show the alleged rape was politically motivated.
In their desperate attempt to push more fake news, the left does not even bother to provide clear details, because their gullible followers will believe it without question. She's quite attractive, though.
Maybe her original facebook post gives more details, but the sky article in the OP is awful. No details, no insight, nothing at all of substance beyond "I say this bad thing happened for this reason... its awful".

Given that politically motivated rape is a difficult thing to imagine and certainly uncommon, it at least needs to explain why it was politically motivated? Presumably the girl in question knew the rapist? Had a conforntation with him? He said something political? Or if she didn't know him, what clues did he leave that made her think it was politically motivated? etc.
I wonder if Ms Owen is allowing us to draw a false conclusion here.

This allegation was made after a Labour activist was attacked by far right thugs. Most people have assumed that the alleged rapist was a political opponent. That seems implausible. Ms Owen claims to be the victim of a spiked drink. Inevitably that involves a pick up.

If the alleged attack was by a political opponent, how did the assailant get into position to make the pick up? “Come up and see my etchings. They are of the Wafen SS Death’s Head Division marching through the Soviet Union” seems unlikely to attract most left wing women.

It thus must involve some deception about the assailant’s character but the evidence of that deception (for which there would be a digital footprint) would corroborate her allegation of rape. The risk of not being believed if she went to the police would be minimised.

A political rival rather than an opponent seems far more likely to be able to get into a position to take advantage of her through a spiked drink. “Let’s go for a drink and I will show you that I am right about Composite Motion 4.” There would be no inconsistent paper trail. It would be, like so many rape cases, his word against hers and a refusal to prosecute seems more understandable.
Original post by nulli tertius
This allegation was made after a Labour activist was attacked by far right thugs. Most people have assumed that the alleged rapist was a political opponent. That seems implausible. Ms Owen claims to be the victim of a spiked drink. Inevitably that involves a pick up.

If the alleged attack was by a political opponent, how did the assailant get into position to make the pick up? “Come up and see my etchings. They are of the Wafen SS Death’s Head Division marching through the Soviet Union” seems unlikely to attract most left wing women.

It thus must involve some deception about the assailant’s character but the evidence of that deception (for which there would be a digital footprint) would corroborate her allegation of rape. The risk of not being believed if she went to the police would be minimised.

A political rival rather than an opponent seems far more likely to be able to get into a position to take advantage of her through a spiked drink. “Let’s go for a drink and I will show you that I am right about Composite Motion 4.” There would be no inconsistent paper trail. It would be, like so many rape cases, his word against hers and a refusal to prosecute seems more understandable.

And there's the point.
Just like her allegation (from what has been presented) Owen Jones said nothing was said or shouted as they beat him and his chums up. He claimed they were far right thugs with no evidence, not even a word or slur while giving them a kicking.
Weeks later you are posting this, and I'm not blaming you because if something gets reposted and repeated often enough it becomes a fact in the world of social media.
Several weeks from now people will be posting about the his girls alleged attack as though it had a- been proven to have happened and b- was proven to have been politically motivated.
Reply 14
Original post by Just my opinion
And there's the point.
Just like her allegation (from what has been presented) Owen Jones said nothing was said or shouted as they beat him and his chums up. He claimed they were far right thugs with no evidence, not even a word or slur while giving them a kicking.
Weeks later you are posting this, and I'm not blaming you because if something gets reposted and repeated often enough it becomes a fact in the world of social media.
Several weeks from now people will be posting about the his girls alleged attack as though it had a- been proven to have happened and b- was proven to have been politically motivated.

Welcome to the world of allegations where facts count for nought.
And there's the point.

I think the Owen Jones affair is somewhat different.

Jones claims that the evidence for motivation for the attack was identified later (which suggests social media or humint).

Three men attended a police station voluntarily where they were arrested and released on police bail. There has not yet been a decision to charge them with a crime.

I will wait and see because I don’t think this is straightforward.
Could be interpreted as warning someone on her own side that she was having a drink with at a party conference (or similar event) to get out of her way or she'll #meetoo them.
So just as Jones gave no evidence to back up his claim of it being far right attackers Owens gives no evidence to show the alleged rape was politically motivated.

The left in 2019: victim-hood, hyper-emotionalism and smearing of political opponents. The end.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending