The Student Room Group

Well....guy I been speaking to for a month...was a di*k

So, you may have or may have not seen my post before about this guy I met on tinder. To summarise, he was the most confusing guy I had ever chatted to. I've facetimed him, phone call, snap chat etc. Today, just about confirms he's a d*ckhead. No surprise there.

We were today having that conversation about 'if you're not interested then cool, I'll move on' but as usual, the consistent 'of course I'm interested' from him has been a load of bullsh*t because I just looked on tinder and 1 hour ago he changed his bio to 'Ngl, just looking for a gym buddy' (and if this does happen to come up in the conversation--bull sh*t--yeah, cause we all go on tinder to find friends or 'gym buddies').

It's frustrating I won't lie because this is the third time I've been either ghosted or in this situation, led on as it appears. I shouldn't be surprised, it's tinder but I don't want to subjected to that apparent cliche to the platform--cause there are some good guys on there. I did meet one on there that was lovely, I just wasn't into them.

And now what? A month wasted. I feel like a fool. I'm upset, yeah, cause I really liked the guy and I wanted to meet up with them but clearly, they just weren't as interested as they preached.

Scroll to see replies

what a di*k you can talk to me for support
Original post by holly6901
what a di*k you can talk to me for support

I appreciate that. It's just annoying cause I feel hopeless. I didn't even date the guy yet I feel....empty. Although it hasn't hit me fully yet because for the past five weeks or so, it's been up and down so I'm not surprised and I'm off to gym later so I'll be distracted but then...I know, later on, it will all hit me. And I'll be devastated.
Reply 3
Did you ask him on the app what he's looking for before meeting?
Original post by Faith.A
Did you ask him on the app what he's looking for before meeting?

Yep. We both stated our intentions. And throughout us chatting, we continued to reiterate what we're looking for. :frown:
Original post by Ilovebeef19
I appreciate that. It's just annoying cause I feel hopeless. I didn't even date the guy yet I feel....empty. Although it hasn't hit me fully yet because for the past five weeks or so, it's been up and down so I'm not surprised and I'm off to gym later so I'll be distracted but then...I know, later on, it will all hit me. And I'll be devastated.

talk to me when that happens I don't want you feeling low
Original post by holly6901
talk to me when that happens I don't want you feeling low

I appreciate that. Thank you
Just an update but I've left him on read. I'm done with him.
So, you may have or may have not seen my post before about this guy I met on tinder. To summarise, he was the most confusing guy I had ever chatted to. I've facetimed him, phone call, snap chat etc. Today, just about confirms he's a d*ckhead. No surprise there.

We were today having that conversation about 'if you're not interested then cool, I'll move on' but as usual, the consistent 'of course I'm interested' from him has been a load of bullsh*t because I just looked on tinder and 1 hour ago he changed his bio to 'Ngl, just looking for a gym buddy' (and if this does happen to come up in the conversation--bull sh*t--yeah, cause we all go on tinder to find friends or 'gym buddies').

It's frustrating I won't lie because this is the third time I've been either ghosted or in this situation, led on as it appears. I shouldn't be surprised, it's tinder but I don't want to subjected to that apparent cliche to the platform--cause there are some good guys on there. I did meet one on there that was lovely, I just wasn't into them.

And now what? A month wasted. I feel like a fool. I'm upset, yeah, cause I really liked the guy and I wanted to meet up with them but clearly, they just weren't as interested as they preached.

sorry to hear that a male of my species has upset you. I can confirm that he will be denigrated the title of 'd*ckhead' and be demoted. He is not fit to be among the higher ranks of us males

well done. You are free from the shackles of his phallic-shaped head :h:

you are free of the dark-side!

Are u a guy

yOu Go GuRL

Just learn from it. People are different. Think what you could have done better , avoid next time and move on.
Original post by 999tigger
Just learn from it. People are different. Think what you could have done better , avoid next time and move on.

I wouldn't say 'what I could have done better' because he was d*ckhead in this scenario, I was nothing but straight up with the dude. What I would say though to myself is I should have ended this with ages ago when I was aware myself of the red flags. So, yeah, another experience to learn from.
Original post by Bang Outta Order
Are u a guy

yOu Go GuRL

Nah, I'm a girl, mate
I wouldn't say 'what I could have done better' because he was d*ckhead in this scenario, I was nothing but straight up with the dude. What I would say though to myself is I should have ended this with ages ago when I was aware myself of the red flags. So, yeah, another experience to learn from.

Better in this context means spotting the signs sooner.
If you couldnt have made any changes, then its just one of those things. Stop wasting energy and move on.
Reading people is a great skill and it can save you a lot of time.
Reply 15

If he's a d*ckhead then pretty much are all women on these apps, as what you've described is as common as muck

to combat it,

1) after a few days at MAX ask them to meet up [this is will help filter time wasters and those who are not that interested]. I like to try and arrange a date within a week of first initially messaging or being messaged by a girl. I suggest you leave it at no longer than 2 weeks max.

2) don't put all your eggs into one basket. You should have been lining up MULTIPLE tinder dates in that month

3) Don't let people flake on you. If you ask to meet and arrange a time and they cancel twice ..then ditch them. perhaps 3 cancels if you really like them, but best stick to twice. also pay attention to if they try and reorganise it, or just cancel. someone who is keen will offer another time to meet.

A Month is FAR too long on Tinder to just be "talking"

obviously though if you met this guy organically through friends or something then you wouldn't need to do the above. but if it's like a dating site and you've never met the person then you really need to be doing this imo
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by ANM775
If he's a d*ckhead then pretty much are all women on these apps, as what you've described is as common as muck

to combat it,

1) after a few days at MAX ask them to meet up [this is will help filter time wasters and those who are not that interested]. I like to try and arrange a date within a week of first initially messaging or being messaged by a girl. I suggest you leave it at no longer than 2 weeks max.

2) don't put all your eggs into one basket. You should have been lining up MULTIPLE tinder dates in that month

3) Don't let people flake on you. If you ask to meet and arrange a time and they cancel twice ..then ditch them. perhaps 3 cancels if you really like them, but best stick to twice. also pay attention to if they try and reorganise it, or just cancel. someone who is keen will offer another time to meet.

A Month is FAR too long on Tinder to just be "talking"

obviously though if you met this guy organically through friends or something then you wouldn't need to do the above. but if it's like a dating site and you've never met the person then you really need to be doing this imo

Yeah, so, basically after my first failed match on tinder with guy number one who after five weeks ghosted me, I knew I wanted to meet up straight away with the next person who came along. Tinder was also giving me the much-needed confidence I needed to chat to guys hence why after 5 weeks with the first match, we didn't arrange till after five weeks had passed.

1) With this guy, I arranged to meet up on the weekend, two days after we started chatting. I should have ditched him when he completely ignored me all day Sunday and deliberately didn't answer till later---but I forgave and ignorantly just assumed he was just shy. So, I then arranged for the Thursday in the second week--that didn't happen. And then yeah, it was constantly up and down. So, yeah, I did try to arrange multiple dates but each time, something always cropped up. That should have put me off him---but of course, it didn't.

2) I was also keeping my options open but I too hooked on this guy

3) I should have just pied him off. I had foolishly decided to stay on.
Man boys suck. You deserve so much better honestly, ik it’s so hard to let go but there is someone who will treat you the way you deserve
Hahaha try speaking to a guy for a whole year just for him to turn out to be a ****
I feel your pain
Ladies be wary of men they bite x
Original post by Anonymous
Hahaha try speaking to a guy for a whole year just for him to turn out to be a ****
I feel your pain
Ladies be wary of men they bite x

A whole year?!?!? Damn. I'm sorry that does suck. Did you ever meet them at all?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending