The Student Room Group

Entry requriments

I'm doing my final year of my btec extended diploma course at college which is worth 120 credits. Last year I did subsidiary diploma 90 credit and got a Merit whilst retaking english and functional skills maths. I Know I can hit the grade requirements for most of the russel groups unis of my choice which are MMM but I am not to sure if I can hit the GCSE requirement before UCAS deadline. My predicted grades are DDM and I already got 2 GCSE'S above Grade B and got Functional skills maths but not to sure if I can pass my re takes would that effect the application process
Original post by 1csuavo
I'm doing my final year of my btec extended diploma course at college which is worth 120 credits. Last year I did subsidiary diploma 90 credit and got a Merit whilst retaking english and functional skills maths. I Know I can hit the grade requirements for most of the russel groups unis of my choice which are MMM but I am not to sure if I can hit the GCSE requirement before UCAS deadline. My predicted grades are DDM and I already got 2 GCSE'S above Grade B and got Functional skills maths but not to sure if I can pass my re takes would that effect the application process

You have to look at the entry requirements in respect of GCSE.
They may not accept FS Maths and English but want GCSE.
Look at the website and if unsure then ask admissions.
Normally they expect you to have passed before you apply, but ask.
If you dont pass GCSE then it is only going to be relevant if they require you to have passed before applying.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending