The Student Room Group

OCR A level Computer Science

I just started A level Computer Science and I was wondering what's the best way to study/revise to get an A* in this sunject.
Original post by Swifter221
I just started A level Computer Science and I was wondering what's the best way to study/revise to get an A* in this sunject.

Do past papers - always include context with regards to the case in the question. Literally half the paper is context marks...

Learn definitions/processes well, put them on flashcards, or whatever methods you use for learning those sorts of things.

Master pseudocode and binary arithmetic - they come up a ton on the exams and can easily bag you lots of marks.
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:
Are you in year 12?
I just started year 12 and i am doing ocr computer science as well
I have not got the textbook yet but for now i am going through each point in the specification and making concise notes (Usually through a mindmap)
I think with the textbook it is best to make flashcards from it

Also once you are done with a topic and start revising from it make sure you understand every point on the spec for that topic (If you are unsure consult with your teacher or watch a video from computer science tutor or CraignDave)

Good luck with your studies

Quick Reply

Latest